Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-10-2010, 01:58 PM   #1
Bus Crazy

Re: Ahh Verizon

i thought they cannot charge you for receiving text messages. thought it was only for sending..

Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 08:27 AM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 1993
Coachwork: Ward Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/MT643
Rated Cap: 77

Quote:
Now, what is likely happening is, VERIZON is texting me with their spam crap, then charging me for it, or at lease trying to
I have a Verizon cell phone (for the moment)...text messages from Verizon are free of charge.
Jarlaxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 06:01 PM   #3
Bus Nut

Year: 1993
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DTA360
Rated Cap: 16

That was Fawesome...

Great way to handle the situation...
dirtygoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 12:15 PM   #4
Bus Crazy

wow that was a read lol!! what inconsistence indeed!! left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing in that company!!
Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 11:40 AM   #5
Bus Nut

We just found out today that Verizon is double-dealing us. Our bill went up $15.00 this month without notice. We have a very simple account with a free phone, no bells-no whistles. We don't text and we do not web surf what we do is use the phone as a phone and sometimes a camera. When we noticed our bill went up $15.00 we made some inquiries as to why. The first person we talked to said that he was unable to verify what we were being charged for!?! We hung up and called back asking again what the extra charges are for, the next guy also had extreme difficulties telling us what the charges were. We had to explain to him word for word what information was on our online account in detail as he had no idea what the information he had available meant. After explaining the information to the guy (the second guy) twice and explaining to him what what thought it was for...and asking him to verify what the charges were for...we also had to ask him to look up the Verizon website that showed was billing us, their Customer Service guy had no idea what that website was either. The guy could not figure out the bill, we did and had to explain it to him several times!!

A month ago my wife accidentally sent our phone through the washing machine and we called and asked for a new phone. Verizon said that they would gladly send us a free upgraded phone and we thought that's great. So we started using our new phone when it arrived. It was a bit more inconvenient to use as any photos we took with the camera feature now had to be uploaded from the new Verizon phone to the Verizon photo website and then we had to email them from that Site to our computer. Our old phone just used an SD card that plugged into our computer to transfer photos from the phone. Now it turns out that they are charging us .25 cents per photo uploaded to their photo website! Of course no one mentioned this extra charge to us when we ordered the new and wonderful free upgraded phone that they so kindly shipped to us.

Now we are back on the Verizon website after one month with the new and wonderful free phone looking for another free phone that uses an SD card for transferring photos direct to our computer. Of course when we told them we wanted a different phone they kept on insisting that we needed to purchase their even more wonderful phone at the great price of $129.00 and that was our best option. We explained to the guy that the Verizon website and our plan provides us a free phone...he acted like he had never heard of that. It turns out that we know more about Verizon's services then the employees they have answering the phones at their Customer Service center.

Edit to add: We finally had to purchase a phone for $69.00 and add an extra $5.00 per month to our fee to get back to having the same service that we used to have before our old phone went through the washing machine. It's a good thing we ordered and paid for "insurance" the past few years just in case anything ever happened to our phone as it would be replaced free-of-charge! ~rolleyes~
Abbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 12:16 PM   #6
Bus Nut

Heh, not so fast there Abbott, you didn't read the buried fine print on the other page! That phone you picked that Verizon has listed for $69.00 just magically went up to $239.00 if its ordered before 2012...after 2012 it will sell for the $69.00 price that they have listed now on their website!

It's back to Verizon Live Chat for you Dude!
Old 12-18-2010, 12:29 PM   #7
Bus Nut

After speaking to two different people at Verizon Customer Service the latter which referred us to Live Chat (spending about an hour there) Live Chat has now refereed us back to Verizon Customer Service!
Old 12-18-2010, 02:38 PM   #8
Bus Nut

Heh, after another 30 minutes with a (polite) Verizon Customer Service Rep (the first two sounded like rappers) I asked to speak with her supervisor. The supervisor asked what my phone and billing issues were. This being the 5th person I spoke to about the matter I was surprised that after a couple of hours I finally found someone that was willing to at least do something. We settled on them sending a new phone that will use the SD chip for transferring photos to our computer instead of being forced to use their website at .25 cents per photo plus an extra $5.00 per month service charge to cover extra costs for a few texts my wife decided she would like to use now and then. Our phone insurance will not cover the new phone as they said the phone they sent us (that uses their web site for photo storage) used up our phone replacement coverage. However the Supervisor agreed to sell us the phone that we wanted for $69.00 (as listed on their website) rather then the $239.00 that is listed for the same phone on another rather hidden page on their website. I hung up the phone with their Customer Service Department feeling like I had just got done haggling with a bunch of crooks! What a deceptive business model that company has developed!