Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-11-2009, 11:14 PM   #1
Skoolie

Year: 85
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: Ford
Engine: Gas
Rated Cap: 66
Re: Alternative transportation while "docked"

bicycle. nuff said.

Old 11-15-2009, 02:25 AM   #2
Bus Nut

I dont know about that statment. I have seen alot of mopeds that look like motorcycles, and one that looked like a futuristic dirtbike. The problem with them is that you have to find one that you like thats allowed by the state you live in.

I live in CA, where they are mostly illegal...mostly cause there is one made for CA and millions made for everywhere else.
Sojakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 07:18 AM   #3
Bus Nut

Yep, CA gets their 1 to shut them up. Worst part of it, I have been looking for mopeds for most of a year now and all that I find are the ones that arn't for CA.
Old 11-15-2009, 09:18 PM   #4
Bus Nut

I haven't heard anything about Big Screen TV sizes, but I would guess its a power usage thing. I know there is a limit on Computer Monitor sizes. My father just tried to replace his 16:9 22" moniter and could only fine 17" moniters at the dozen places he checked... There was a claim that that was as big as they get and they were all sized as 16:9, no "Corner to Corner" measurements.

The worst part is that while Northern Ca is saving water, and using rolling power outages to make sure we have enough, Southern Ca is using it like tomorrow is the last day of life.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:06 AM   #5
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojakai
I haven't heard anything about Big Screen TV sizes, but I would guess its a power usage thing. I know there is a limit on Computer Monitor sizes. My father just tried to replace his 16:9 22" moniter and could only fine 17" moniters at the dozen places he checked... There was a claim that that was as big as they get and they were all sized as 16:9, no "Corner to Corner" measurements.

The worst part is that while Northern Ca is saving water, and using rolling power outages to make sure we have enough, Southern Ca is using it like tomorrow is the last day of life.

FYI, Most computer monitors are actually 16:10. Check online for better prices ;)

as for this thread..
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeforthelight
bicycle. nuff said.
agreed!!!!! =D Bikes rule.
mouse059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 01:57 PM   #6
Bus Nut

Year: 1993
Coachwork: AmTran
Chassis: IHC
Engine: Dt360
Rated Cap: 19

I have a bicycle for light errands and exercise. Motorcycle for everything else...groceries, laundry (a week's worth) or anything where I want or need to go more than 20 MPH or 10 miles.
Bicycle goes on the front of the bus on a rack, motorcycle (OK, motorcycles) on an open trailer towed by the bus.