Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-28-2009, 01:05 PM   #1
Bus Nut

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: International
Engine: 7.3 diesel
Rated Cap: 14
Re: Anyone else looking at this?

Haven't seen any amount like that in the last month but what came then is still here as every day this month has been below the freezing temp outside. Would like a little more fluff for the snowmobile to ride a little smoother.

wmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 01:31 PM   #2
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty
Over 10", probably more like 12" in the last 24 hours. The glass on top of the table (you can see the edge of) is 1/2" thick. Just made a trip to town for smokes, so I'm good for the weekend

Smitty
I feel ya, brother. I'm also in central IN, just shoveled my driveway for the 3rd time in 24 hours. My work was cancelled today (yay!), but I'll have to work Saturday to make up for it (boo!).

Your weekend starts on Wednesday?? Good for you!
zamfir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 03:24 PM   #3
Bus Crazy

Send a message via AIM to Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmah
Haven't seen any amount like that in the last month but what came then is still here as every day this month has been below the freezing temp outside.
Same here, there is probably 8" in the yard but its been there for a long time. We keep getting small amounts of snow with well below freezing temps.
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 04:17 PM   #4
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty
I went out & measured, exactly 10.5 inches.
I measured too: "only" 9.25 inches here.
Quote:
I'm in Anderson, where 'bouts are you?
I'm about 20 miles south of you, in Greenfield.
Quote:
I had to watch for the city snowplow, I live on the end of a dead-end road, and they like to push snow into the drive.
My neighbor got quite unhappy and profane a couple of winters ago when the snowplow came by after he'd shoveled his driveway and left. He came home to a 2-foot-deep pile across the end of his drive. Said he was calling the @@#%ing MAYOR!! I wonder how that went. . .
zamfir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 09:12 PM   #5
Skoolie

Year: 86
Coachwork: Thomas saf-t-liner
Engine: dt466
Rated Cap: 40

We got 6'' last night;7''the night before;6'' the night before that and it's all sitting on a compressed 40'' pack. Two weeks ago we got 28'' in 24hrs. Needless to say the bus is now currently sitting firmly in the grip of the glacier i call my yard! Oh yeah, we expect another 6'' tonight. Last year at this time there was four feet of snow on "top" of my mailbox. Thats like almost eight feet of snow pack. It keeps the mosquitoes at bay!
recycler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 09:47 PM   #6
Bus Geek

Send a message via MSN to the_experience03 Send a message via Yahoo to the_experience03

Man...we have snow up this way...don't get me wrong...but we haven't had a good dumping in a long time. It was -32* F yesterday when I started the truck though. You should have heard the power steering pump growl from under the hood...and I don't even have power steering! It looks like it should get real nice for the weekend though. It'll be nice to get out on the sled without fear of frostbite. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any real snow in the forecast.
Old 01-28-2009, 11:31 PM   #7

i got fed up with the snow and moved south. i own a plow truck that in the 5 years that ive had it has used less that a tank of gas. i left it in Indiana for my dad to use if its needed. well he has used and abused it. he let my brother plow with it (which i didnt allow) and it now wont start and has a broken drivers window (held together by the tint). and they want me to fly up there and fix it. i dont think so. im enjoying my 70F down down here today and had to call and rub it in. my brother was shoveling my dads driveway when i called he has ordered a new window and is getting my future brother in-law to come down from michigan to fix it.
bikevision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 03:35 PM   #8
Skoolie

Year: 86
Coachwork: Thomas saf-t-liner
Engine: dt466
Rated Cap: 40

Whats it like in july/august? Cause its a perfect 65 almost every day thru the summer out here. But of course our summers are only like 3mos! But after a few years of mosquitos it seems a lot longer to be without em'. Still workin' towards the baja for next winter.
recycler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 02:06 AM   #9
Skoolie

Year: 2003
Coachwork: 2003 Thomas E-350 shorty
Chassis: E350
Engine: 7.3 Powerstroke
Rated Cap: 24

I drove across Donner Summit on I-80 in California today, Fri 1/30; at 1:00 p,m. it was warm enough for shirt-sleeves at the summit. Of course people were skiing at the small ski resort, Boreal across the interstate from the rest area.

Nice!