Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 02-20-2019, 12:12 PM   #1
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: New York
Posts: 4
Post Anyone for an interview?

Hi Guys!

I'm a freelance journalist, currently in grad school at NYU, when not slaving over homework, however, I devour skoolie-conversions on Youtube. Actually a part of my reason for coming to the States (been here half a year) was to learn more about the skoolie-movement, as I dream of converting one once I go back to Europe.

I am very intrigued by the nomadic lifestyle, and especially this new, more comfortable (?) take on it, and so I would love to talk to someone who is actually living it.

Would anyone be up to talk to me about their skoolie experience? Possibly for an interview, if not then just for my personal research?

I am based in New York, so preferably someone in proximity or somewhere easily accessible!

Hope to hear from you,
otherwise, enjoy the road!

Kind regards
Søren Steensig
Mail: steensigjakobsen@hotmail.com
steensig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 02:27 PM   #2
Site Team
 
Janet H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Washington State
Posts: 615
welcome to the forum... Join in some discussions you may find the answers you seek ;)
__________________
You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose | Dr. Seuss
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 03:19 PM   #3
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: New York
Posts: 4
Hi Janet,

I will definitely also do that, but it'd be cool to meet someone out there in real life, as I imagine that to be a bit more informative. The internet is cool, but nothing beats reality!

Kind regards
steensig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 03:26 PM   #4
Site Team
 
Janet H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Washington State
Posts: 615
Quote:
Originally Posted by steensig View Post
... The internet is cool, but nothing beats reality!

Kind regards
The internet is not reality ?

faints.gif
__________________
You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose | Dr. Seuss
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 04:09 PM   #5
Bus Geek
 
o1marc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Dawsonville, Ga.
Posts: 7,187
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
The internet is not reality ?

Attachment 30112
Wasn't that his point?
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 04:35 PM   #6
Bus Crazy
 
somewhereinusa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Andrews,Indiana
Posts: 2,029
Year: 1991
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: AARE
Engine: 3116 Cat 250hp
Rated Cap: Just the two of us.
I believe everything I read on the internet!!!
somewhereinusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 05:08 PM   #7
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 18,265
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by steensig View Post
Hi Guys!

I'm a freelance journalist, currently in grad school at NYU, when not slaving over homework, however, I devour skoolie-conversions on Youtube. Actually a part of my reason for coming to the States (been here half a year) was to learn more about the skoolie-movement, as I dream of converting one once I go back to Europe.

I am very intrigued by the nomadic lifestyle, and especially this new, more comfortable (?) take on it, and so I would love to talk to someone who is actually living it.

Would anyone be up to talk to me about their skoolie experience? Possibly for an interview, if not then just for my personal research?

I am based in New York, so preferably someone in proximity or somewhere easily accessible!

Hope to hear from you,
otherwise, enjoy the road!

Kind regards
Søren Steensig
Mail: steensigjakobsen@hotmail.com
Tobeamiss lives in a bus and last I heard lives in NY.
__________________
.
Roll Your Own Build Thread
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 05:18 PM   #8
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: New York
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
Tobeamiss lives in a bus and last I heard lives in NY.
Thank you so much for the tip, I'll try and get in touch!
steensig is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
interview, journalist, media, research, skoolie life, talk

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.