Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 06-11-2018, 07:24 AM   #1
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 18,494
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Anyone near Canton OH? Looking At Engine..

I'm in FL, and I've got a line on an engine for my bus and Chris even volunteered to haul it down here for me when he can.
I am wondering if anyone is near Canton OH who could go look at it for me. They can run it and show its fully functional. I just need someone to go check it out and make sure its worth the time and money. Make sure it has no major leaks or any glaring issues worth noting.

Replacing the whole engine is going to be cheaper and probably easier in the long run than fixing all that's wrong with mine.

LMK if you can help!
__________________
.
Roll Your Own Build Thread
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 07:42 AM   #2
Bus Crazy
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: West Ohio
Posts: 1,163
Year: 1984
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: International 1753
Engine: 6.9 International
Rated Cap: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
I'm in FL, and I've got a line on an engine for my bus and Chris even volunteered to haul it down here for me when he can.
I am wondering if anyone is near Canton OH who could go look at it for me. They can run it and show its fully functional. I just need someone to go check it out and make sure its worth the time and money. Make sure it has no major leaks or any glaring issues worth noting.

Replacing the whole engine is going to be cheaper and probably easier in the long run than fixing all that's wrong with mine.

LMK if you can help!
Johny mullet is over that way I believe. I think a few others are close as well.

Did you give up on the cover and are looking for a complete engine now?

Have a look at this https://www.berryhillauctioneers.com...itemnum=602428

DT466E, MD3060 trans
This auction is in Ohio, west of Dayton.
Booyah45828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 07:46 AM   #3
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 18,494
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booyah45828 View Post
Johny mullet is over that way I believe. I think a few others are close as well.

Did you give up on the cover and are looking for a complete engine now?
Exploring my options. With a leaky HPOP, an air compressor that pretty beat, and a leaky pan and rear main seal I'm starting to think a total replacement would be money better spent.
Plus- if the coolant has damaged the front cover(s), I'd imagine the liner o-rings can't be far behind.

While a more powerful engine with a 3060 would be cool, I'm really looking for a more direct replacement. I'm happy enough with the 2000 that's in it. Does the 3060 have a crossmember or does it hang off the engine like the 2000?
__________________
.
Roll Your Own Build Thread
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 08:01 AM   #4
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 18,494
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
I just got the pics of said engine.
Totally covered in rust. I think I'll pass. Looks like its been outside a long time or something.
__________________
.
Roll Your Own Build Thread
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 08:02 AM   #5
Bus Crazy
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: West Ohio
Posts: 1,163
Year: 1984
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: International 1753
Engine: 6.9 International
Rated Cap: 65
I believe it should have a cross member for support. It's not something super sturdy but it is there.

I thought you had the 3060

That auction appears to be missing the tcm, so it would be somewhat useless if you didn't already have one.

Not sure on what you're getting the engine in canton for, but they have 4 other ones there, along with a whole host of other things. https://www.berryhillauctioneers.com...id=113&aid=609
Booyah45828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 08:18 AM   #6
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 18,494
Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booyah45828 View Post
I believe it should have a cross member for support. It's not something super sturdy but it is there.

I thought you had the 3060

That auction appears to be missing the tcm, so it would be somewhat useless if you didn't already have one.

Not sure on what you're getting the engine in canton for, but they have 4 other ones there, along with a whole host of other things. https://www.berryhillauctioneers.com...id=113&aid=609
With the way my engine and transmission fit, the 3060 would be too long and I'd have to relocate a carrier bearing and shorten the driveline a bit too. Then there's all the computer stuff I'd have to rely on Chris to help with.
Yeah, a 2000 is fine for me. Maybe one day I'll get a 2000 with two overdrives.

I'll check those other engines out.
I'm on the hunt for a 215 or 230 Standard Torque from 2000-2003. In good shape with HPOP and compressor.
__________________
.
Roll Your Own Build Thread
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.