Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-11-2018, 09:05 PM   #1
Bus Nut

Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freightliner
Engine: Cummins 5.9
Rated Cap: 44 or 66? 11 rows
Anyone near Gallatin, TN / Nashville?

I am hoping to get a bus to use as a moving van. I see this one and find it intriguing. Is anyone in the Nashville/Gallatin TN area interested in looking at it for me? I would expect to compensate you for it... though I haven't spoken to my wife about this yet, so we may not do this.

The bus is a 2001 Bluebird with a 5.9 Cummins, and it has 201,000 miles on it. If this is a bad bus to even consider I would be happy to hear of it outright, too.

We need to gut it, load it with piano, furniture, computer gear, clothing and so on, drive it from Virginia to Idaho, and then sell it there. Prolly will roller-paint it if we are likely to go through states who get excited about schoolbus yellow.

Thanks, all!

https://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?f...718&acctid=500

Dapplecreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 10:28 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 1997
Coachwork: International
Chassis: 3000RE
Engine: T444E w/ MT643
Rated Cap: 84 pass, 40'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dapplecreek View Post
I am hoping to get a bus to use as a moving van. I see this one and find it intriguing. Is anyone in the Nashville/Gallatin TN area interested in looking at it for me? I would expect to compensate you for it... though I haven't spoken to my wife about this yet, so we may not do this.

The bus is a 2001 Bluebird with a 5.9 Cummins, and it has 201,000 miles on it. If this is a bad bus to even consider I would be happy to hear of it outright, too.

We need to gut it, load it with piano, furniture, computer gear, clothing and so on, drive it from Virginia to Idaho, and then sell it there. Prolly will roller-paint it if we are likely to go through states who get excited about schoolbus yellow.

Thanks, all!

https://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?f...718&acctid=500
Get a diesel mechanic to look at it. You are mainly interested in making sure it will run NOW across a few states. I paid $110 for a mobile guy to come check the one I bought out for me.