Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-16-2010, 04:34 PM   #21
Almost There

Year: 1991
Coachwork: international
Chassis: thomas
Engine: 7.3
Rated Cap: 22
Re: Are we headed for another Civil War in the US?

Quote:
Originally Posted by emberglow
Quote:
Originally Posted by keith
HA SAVE ME MY ROOM UP THERE IN ALASKA,I HOPE TO BE HOME IN A YR OR TWO,,,, DAM THE LOWER 48..
Best hurry, its getting full fast. Anchorage and Fairbanks are already "little california" and Wasilla is well on the way. We're trying to get the bus livable so we can get out of town and away from these idiots. It wasn't so bad when they came up for the summer and left, but more and more they're staying. Eugh..

New decal on the back window of my truck: "Welcome to Alaska; Thanks for Visiting; Now GO HOME!"
I'm an older lady who can' beleivehow complacent we have become . They invade our nation, our communities and all we do is complain . i knew this nation was finished when they all protested for more welfare and ' rights' while flying their flags while our men were at war . And nobody protested the protest . Then we have the radicals in the streets of NYC threatening us in mid-day while stomping and burning our flag .These are the same so called Americans who watched their people jump to their death burn up or be crushed on 911 .

Like Hitler they are already getting their little militia together and the " immigration reform " will seal our fate forever .
Most of the men being killed in these wars are young white patriots who have been decieved ,imo . Most of the rest are injured or commited suicide [ like this nation is ] so few will be available for Oathkeepers . A few minorities are with us but not enough .
I say enjoy whatever freedom you have left, because the next fiasco they pull may be worse than the the last one .

shortstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 04:43 PM   #22
Almost There

Quote:
Originally Posted by diananoel1
I daily "thank my lucky stars" to be born in a "civilized" country. We get to be in that 20% that is privileged through no effort of our own. I, for one, am pleased to share it, as best I can figure, with the other 80%. Perhaps a Civil War would put a little less "pompous righteousness" into our souls . . .

Speak for yourself ! My familiy put a hell of alot of effort in this nation . We worked hard and long and should never be forced to pay for those who didn't . Some died in war fighting for America, not some third world multi-culture non assimulating bunch of freeloaders who take all and give back nothing in most cases .
Old 04-16-2010, 04:53 PM   #23
Almost There

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbott
The term "REAL Americans", I find this fascinating in it's awkwardness. The fact that you find it "obvious" also seems slightly odd or even a bit weird. I think a guy with such keen and unshakable knowledge should move away of an obscure Internet forum and head to the Beltway where he could do some real good for the people. I mean you truly do give a damn about your country and you could help those Americans "who just don't get it" see the light. You know, the millions of people who are raising their families and enjoying their lives.
I admit to all 3...awkward, odd and "a bit weird", always have been, likely always will be. I don't deny it, and never have...I just accept it. Now as far as being "a guy with such keen and unshakable knowledge", those are your words not mine. Perhaps I'll take your advice, move to Africa and become a Kenyan Citizen.....who knows, I may then come back & be the next POTUS

People either "get it" or they don't. Those who don't (or those who are part of the problem) always wish to demonize those who do. "Don't Tread on Me" flags & bumper stickers, NRA membership, owning guns, giving a damn that we're being robbed blind by our own gov........will now likely get you on a terrorist watch list somewhere now. Damn shame, seems like at one time those currently in office would have been the "bad guys" for what they're doing......now it's those who voice their disapproval of breaking laws and stomping Rights into the mud who are seen that way.

There are many people who try to spread the truth, most are mocked, called a nut-job, or something similar. lol...granted, some of them are (cough.. Alex Jones). I talked to others about "things" for a while. Most don't want to hear it, they think if they ignore it, it'll go-away. Well, that's the exact process that got us to where we are today, Subjects of a run-away government.

I'll share a "weird" premonition with you I had as a kid, and yes, I saw what was happening at a VERY young age. Anyway, I always felt that I would live to see this country taken back by the people. For the longest time I didn't think I would......now I think my odds are getting better daily Said it before, I've lived a full and "interesting" life. I could have died 25 years ago and not had a complaint, so where do you think that puts me now?

My Country, my Constitution, and my Rights.....you can steal my ****, knock my teeth out, lie to me.......but screw with those 1st 3? ........

Quote:
Originally Posted by diananoel1
I thought, in "America", the government is "us". . . My experience says there are 1/3 of it's voters strongly conservative, a 1/3 strongly liberal and the other 1/3 is either uninterested, uninformed or vote based along the lines of picking a horse race based on the cute name of the racer. The problem, as I see it, is we each typically surround ourselves with people most like us so we think "everyone" believes like we do. Somehow we manage to ignore the facts of election outcomes. If you wish to change our governments approach to it's governed then get involved. Learn how and when to influence the 1/3 in the middle. Or just complain . . . that, too, is your right in this country.
As to the likelihood of Civil War, I put it at next to nothing. Despite the short term issues we may seem to be suffering, the times have NEVER been better. Look at the "stuff" we own, the length of life we live, the opportunities we enjoy, the peace we've made . . . anything that matters. Our only goal should be to keep improving. I, for one, think that improvement should include all, regardless of their happenstance of birth.
Lincoln knew that our forefathers wished to keep our country mired in a class system. His efforts and many that followed have made huge strides to eliminated that within our borders. I'd be an even prouder American if we'd continue to push for similar changes outside, too. A selfless move who's time is near . . . ?
Used to be, now the gov is nothing but Corporate puppets, all bought & paid for. Why do you think there are so many career politicians? It's a lifetime ticket to ride the gravy train. They (gov) don't give a damn what "we" (the people) think or want....we're just tax-slaves to them, period. Cough it up or they take your stuff...all of it, and there's nothing you can do about it. You can't even protest the fact, well you CAN, but no one (in office) cares or listens.

Ever wonder where the "great" ones are these days? Why are there no good leaders for our country? Why aren't they brought to the front, and given the helm to straighten our country out, and get it back to being the great prosperous nation it once was? No one gives a damn, because American Idol is getting down to the last 6, or there's a sale at the Mall, or the "Big Game" is on tonight. No body cares. Look at our education.....we turn-out morons, Because they can't pass the tests, do they increase the power behind education? Nope....they just lower the standards so people will look smarter. The gov doesn't want intelligent citizens because they will know they're getting screwed.....nope, they want citizens just smart-enough to go to work each day at their assembly-line, and pay their taxes....that's all. Why do you think they force your body to absorb all the Sodium Flouride they add to your water? Or all the toxins they inject into the kids now under the guise of "vaccines". Nope, they want you 1/2 brain-dead, and they'll be sure you are, one way or another.

Perhaps you should do a little reading on Lincoln, and the type of person he really was........

http://www.squidoo.com/abraham-lincoln

Dammit I was gonna stay outta this post because all this does is get my blood boiling......who's the troll that hooked me into this anyway

Smitty
The communist have been taking over little by little since the "Good Night ,Good Luck " news guy in 1950s ' Ed Murrows I think was his name' .
The bad thing is we all lose the good thing is we all lose . These liberals have mental disorders that will not only self destruct ,but take us with them .
Savage said it best "Liberlism is a Mental Disorder ".
Old 04-17-2010, 06:56 PM   #24
Skoolie

Year: 1998
Coachwork: International
Chassis: Amtram
Engine: Navstar 190
Rated Cap: 77

Actually some really great posting.

The reason I see the militias, and NRA members siding with the feds- is they usually are your flag wavin' beer swilling, hotdog, baseball and apple pie people. They will cling to the idea of America. When the truth is that those you call "real americans" if you look at history are a group of people that aren't afraid to break away form the main stream. Those that rebelled, those that were sick of being told what to do by the elite. So, yes an immigrant can be a "real american" In the idea that he is sick of his government telling him that he can't have the life he wants. So he leaves his birthplace and finds a place where he can persue his dreams- that is why a bunch of folks got on board the mayflower in the first place.
So with that in mind I have my own wild ideas, and my having to leave this country is not out of the realm of possiblilty. Mainly because of the seemingly self destructive ideas of our supposed leaders. I see how many people compare this new health care bill to european countries- except the people in those countries are not forced to buy into the system. It seems the current regime is bent on destroying this country. I don't know if any of you have heard of him but look up the predictions of Igor Panarin. Check out this russian professsors prediction that the USA will fall apart this year...

Then there is the push for a global monetary system- The money system presently in use in the world is the weakest link in the chain of stable governments. At present, the manipulators of the money system in the U.S. (Goldman Sachs) and the Fed Reserve with the FDIC as the hitmen, are transferring equity from the american public faster than a Kirby vacuum cleaner. The audacity of the bankers and lawyers should have caused their demise 50 years ago. (at least a good tar and feathering) Now the problem is no one wants to look in the piggy bank and find out there is nothing left. We might have to give up our mortgaged life style and some of the toys. The urban growth policies and the "infilling" (maximizing population density) in our cities have but one purpose. To make all of us totally dependent on government for our every need. Our cities will be our Federal Prisons. The natives in Alaska call the cities the "White man's reservation". Our country is presently being driven by leaders who are asleep at the wheel...

One of the main reason's for our living in the bus- mobilty being the key to survival. Now then I doused myself in gasoline- somebody can now throw road flares at me.
Old 04-18-2010, 12:16 AM   #25
Bus Nut

Coachwork: ward
Chassis: IH
Engine: dt466
Rated Cap: 72

Some very good points on both sides here. We are all to be commended.
Abbott, Ok I'll agree with you on the shady side of Sin City and that case. You talk with the now old timers, that were pups on the force then and they still have some secrets. You can just sense it. Delbert went through some **** during that time and had his own issues. Neil Korbelas went on to become Chief of Police and put in his 20. I talk with him every week. Dautsy finally died and the townsend was boarded up. But really, we might know each other. How old were you in 77/78? We could have met and even partied together. I know a lot of the late 70's were a blurr for me......
Old 04-18-2010, 10:58 AM   #26
Bus Nut

I would find states having their own governments that were not overshadowed by the Feds interesting. It would sure make it easy for a guy to decided where he would want to reside. Choosing a spot that was governed in a manner that one agreed with, or as close as possible.
Abbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 09:49 AM   #27
Skoolie

I do see your point smitty- one thing I think about is the deeper motivations. Think about it, our military has been an all volinteer force for what- 35 years now. Many of these men and women go in with only a few motives. College funds, a head start in life, or family tradition/ patriot. I know my motive was a head start in life, my time in the airforce certainly helped.

In the event of the states reinvolking the Corwin admendment or sucession again.
Many of the all-volinteer force would be depleated, by desertion. Where then would the feds get forces by which to put down a rebellion? How could they "sell it" what motivation would they need to turn a well trained ready force into fedral soldiers- easy territory...greed is a great motivator. The feds merely would hire the militias as mercs- promise them land grants set aside for themselves- and presto changeo the militias in montanna would be fed forces. Ifd they thought they'd get what they want now- land for themselves to govern as they see fit. Never underestimate the power of greed. Those would be anti-gov forces will be the ones kicking down doors in LA.

I am not big on conspiracy theories- but you have to step back take a look at things from different view. Things seem to be run from an aside that I can't for the life of me figure out why? Why would "they" want the US to fall seems counter productive to their ends. I intend to just stay out of the way of all of it. That'd be my theory.
Old 04-19-2010, 06:22 PM   #28
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1976
Coachwork: Carpenter Cadet CV
Chassis: G 30
Engine: 350
Rated Cap: 23

When I war first introduced to the Militia of Montana (through VHS video) in the early 90s they were exposing government drug trafficking to support the Contras, large scale military weather modification programs (got chemtrails?), the New world order non-conspiracy theory and other assorted Federal corruption. To say the militias would be mercenaries for the people militias formed to oppose, shows a distinct lack of understanding of the situation.
spirit_of_76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:34 PM   #29
Bus Nut

Quote:
Since the late 1970s, extraterrestrials from other habitable planets or parallel dimensions (such as "Greys") and intraterrestrials from Hollow Earth (such as "Reptilians") have been included in the New World Order conspiracy.

The common theme in such conspiracy theories is that aliens have been among us for decades, centuries or millennia, but a government cover-up has protected the public from knowledge of ancient astronauts and an alien invasion. Motivated by speciesism, these aliens have been and are secretly manipulating developments and changes in human society in order to more efficiently control and exploit it. In some theories, alien infiltrators have taken human form and move freely throughout human society, even to the point of taking control of command positions in governmental, corporate, and religious institutions, and are now in the final stages of their plan to take over the world. A mythical covert government agency of the United States code-named Majestic 12 is often cited by conspiracy theorists as being the shadow government which collaborates with the alien occupation, in exchange for assistance in the development and testing of military "flying saucers" at Area 51, in order for U.S. armed forces to achieve full-spectrum dominance.

Skeptics, who adhere to the psychosocial hypothesis for unidentified flying objects, argue that the convergence of New World Order conspiracy theory and UFO conspiracy theory is a product of not only the era's widespread mistrust of governments and the popularity of the extraterrestrial hypothesis for UFOs but of the far right and ufologists actually joining forces. Barkun notes that the only positive side to this development is that, if conspirators plotting to rule the world are believed to be aliens, traditional human scapegoats (Freemasons, Illuminati, Jews, etc.) are downgraded or exonerated.
Nobody's got issues in here
Old 04-19-2010, 11:36 PM   #30
Bus Nut

Does post 501 change the title near your avatar?

Nope, still a nut.
Old 04-20-2010, 07:15 PM   #31
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1976
Coachwork: Carpenter Cadet CV
Chassis: G 30
Engine: 350
Rated Cap: 23

Aliens,reptilians, et al are thrown in replacing REAL, PROVABLE Federal criminal acts to keep the public in their trance like state of disbelief of anything not "officially" sanctioned as "truth".
spirit_of_76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 10:35 AM   #32
Skoolie

I understand the stucture and motivations behind militia groups- they don't like the control of the fedral governent so they submit to the total control of the command stucture of the few privaliged leaders. They dont want to ordered by the fedalr government so they just get rdered around by one guy with chip on his shoulder....I know I was in one briefly- and left for that very reason- they want to be left alone by the Feds, but you have to submit to the whim of the commander. I was a CCT( if you know what they are good for you- I spent my time attached to seal team 6) in the air force and these militias like everyone talks a big game until you're taking fire, casualites, and see friends die- I've seen all three.
The feds need not hire them roll up a 203mm send word a W79 Mod 1, linear supressed strike will follow if they don't comply, and they will fold- For those that know what that is- it's nasty but it leaves the equpiment realitivly unharmed- they are still in production and not limited by any treaty. A W79 is enough of a carrot in front of the mule to make them fold.

I don't beleive that things would ever come to violence American citizens are too lazy, complacent, overweight, and dull to stage an effective resistance. They lack the will to stand up against anything that would take them away from the TV. All the federal government need do to put down any revolt would be jam cellphone signals, interupt internet, and shutdown cable TV satilites and the populace would curl up into the fetal position and beg for mercy.

Mark my words here and now- the tea party is at the beginning of its end- Blow-job Bill (did he say that?) has already set the stage... there will be an act of violence at a tea party event or by a tea party "extremist". Hence why they want to replace "terrorists" with "extremists"- they will be able to seperate out our own citizens as 'extremists' that need to weeded out.So- what can we do? Hit them where they live: Wishful thinking about to happen here.

1) Block brokers from trading Wall Street, like a union strike. (Shut Wall-Street down for a day, and BILLIONS are lost)
2) Boycott companies Walmart until they give workers benefits, pensions etc.
3) Rally at least 30% of Americans into refusing to pay Fed taxes until our voices are heard
4) Stage walk outs of government institutions.
5) Stage mass boycotts of specific minimum wage jobs (Fast Food Chains, Supermarkets, etc...) until the base pay is raised to livable standards.
6) Have the trucking industry "no freight" days

None of this will ever happen- so we're barking up the wrong tree there- as for me I'm going to go plant some tomatoes...
Old 04-22-2010, 10:53 AM   #33
Bus Nut

Good post Duckfoot, about the same as I was thinking. Those Militias mean nothing in any type of combat situation. Street gangs mean nothing. "Oathtakers" that term threw me for a day, WTF is an Othataker? Oh, you mean when I took my oath when I enlisted in the Army when I was 18 years old. ****, I damn near forgot about that. Yeah, I took an Oath something about the Constitution which is not open to my interpretation. Hell, I swore to protect the U.S. from guys like those Militias and to uphold the Government and not someone's claiming they know the real version of the constitution or someones view of what a "Real American" is. Feck them, I'm a real American and I am getting mean in my old age. I don't think there is anything here in this thread but some way out fringe fantasy of what a few folks would like to see so they can try and make their way in some romantic version of anarchy ...until the air strikes and the artillery and the automatic weapons fire is stinking up everything. Nothing will ruin a guy's day more then the smell of blood, piss, **** and vomit all at the same time. Then opinions will change as fast as their drawers will need to be cleaned. I think I will get back to building my bolt bin and enjoying my day. Hey, how about that coming VAT tax?
Old 04-22-2010, 02:29 PM   #34
Bus Nut

Coachwork: ward
Chassis: IH
Engine: dt466
Rated Cap: 72

Hey Abbott, Sent you a PM, Ya never answered it so I'll put it here. It seems you frequent this posting. or ARE YOU IGNORING ME?

Sent: Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:26 am
To: Abbott

Hey Abbott, So fill me in a little more about your time in the high desert. I went to school in RS. Graduated in 77. You around that time?
Also, did ya say your ex-military? If so, thanks for your service. I was an Air Force brat. Would not take me into military due to bone injuries from Motorcycle accident. Son and Nephew in the stan now. Both on 3rd deployments. Army Ranger/Spec ops - Air Force/Weapons Tech.

Duckfoot.... CCT w/SEAL6 In AFSOC under USSOCOM? Love those military acronyms. CCT - tough job and training to get there. Did ya do time at Hurlburt Field? My early years were spent at a lot of AFB's Pope, Lackland, Hill, Anderson. Guam was cool as I remember it, but to young to really have fun with it.
My Kid just moves around all the time. Ranger/2nd-75th Reg/Airborne. Anyway, Thank you for your service also.

And, I agree with you on armchair warriors. No matter how much training you recieve, you will never know how you will react untill It actually gets ugly. There is a reason "54 shots were fired and the perp was hit once in the leg" Until you are looking at business end of a weapon you can only train and hope your training becomes natural reaction. Fight or flight, baby. Spray and pray. The Horror.............. Smells like Victory (As i turn the dvd, apocolypse now, off)

The Oath:I, XXX, do solemnly swear(or affirm) that I will support the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution and the laws of the State of XXX; that I bear true faith and allegiance to the same, and defend them against all enemies, foreign and domestic, and that I will faithfully and impartially discharge the duties of the office of Peace Officer according to the best of my ability, so help me God (or so I do affirm).

And I believe this holds true:
"Of every one hundred men, ten should not even be here.
Eighty are nothing but targets.
Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they the battle make.
Ah, but the One...
One of them is a Warrior...
He will bring the others back." Heraclitus

Dum Spiramus Fiat Justitia

http://oathkeepers.org/oath/
Old 05-03-2010, 05:35 PM   #35
Bus Nut

Year: 1974
Coachwork: CARPENTER
Chassis: GMC-6000
Engine: 454 CHEVY
Rated Cap: 66

my opinion !!
Attached Thumbnails
Haws_0244.jpg   big_4781003.jpg  

the BEAST, 350, 4 sm465, np205,
hd d44 4.56, eaton ff 4.56
CAMO-MONSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 07:15 PM   #36
Almost There

I think it is too late to change anything . My nation is gone forever because of complacent and silent citizens .

We got involved and took the risk of violence and abuse from those who shouldnt even be here and their cohorts .

The tea parties are not protesting the most important things that need changing . Soon these traitors will have all the votes they need to finish their agendas . All the invaders ,enemies within will protect their meal tickets unlike the complacent hard working Americans .
Old 05-22-2010, 10:15 PM   #37
Almost There

Just found this thread, had no idea..... My two cents.....The "Government" is not the problem, We are the government. The problem is the large corporations are paying our elected leaders to do THEIR bidding. WE need to stop supporting big corporations and kick their lobbyists out of our Government. Stop buying mass produced goods, buy local or used and bring back small businesses that have pride in their products. The "us" and "them" we should be seeing are People vs Big Business. Not black or white, or gay or straight, or religious or atheist. Be gentle boys, I am sensitive...... Leslie
Doodlebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 11:24 AM   #38
Skoolie

Year: 1990
Coachwork: Crown
Chassis: Super Coach II, 36 Ft. RE
Engine: Cat 3208T, MT643

Sounds like Leslie is talking about "going Galt." See "Atlas Shrugged" by Ayn Rand.

"Who is John Galt?"

Children drink kOOlaid, adults drink T.E.A.

Gallery: https://www.skoolie.net/gallery/v/Skooli ... +Coach+II/
Locutus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 06:03 PM   #39

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: 3800
Engine: DT408, AT545
Rated Cap: 23 500 gvw

Wow. Heavy duty subject. I think that civil unrest is more likely than civil war. I think there are tens of millions of people are on the edge of financial catastrophe. When you have a family and no job, no money and no place to house your family, it puts people in a desperate situation. Probably much more likely to resort to drastic measures.

As far as the government going astray, it has, but we can see the reaction of the people at the voting booth. Look at some of the outcomes of special elections and primaries. Look at MA, NJ and VA. Look what happened to that dirtbag Specter. Look at HI. Your average Joe and Joanne has woken up and realized that their vote does count and is desperately needed. Anyone that thinks this is a temporary thing is sadly mistaken. These scumbags will be thrown out of office by the truckload and if the people that replace them think that they can do things the way they were done before will be thrown out also. As far as the Republicans go, if they think the Tea Party is in their back pocket, they have a surprise coming.

Picture of Republican thinking they have the Tea Party in their back pocket.

You Gotta Let Me Fly
crazycal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 12:03 AM   #40

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: 3800
Engine: DT408, AT545
Rated Cap: 23 500 gvw

I agree with much of what you say but I am not ready to throw in the towel yet.

Monsanto is the devil!

You Gotta Let Me Fly
crazycal is offline   Reply With Quote