Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-19-2009, 06:16 AM   #1

Re: AT&T SUCKS!!

I love them just as much as you do, I have been seriously considering going with comcast cable internet, the only reason we even have a landline is because of the internet, other than that, we generally use our cell phones, which I hardly use anyway, I have noticed with our dsl that the speed is getting slower and slower, I called AT&T about a year ago, and they tried to tell me that it was my computer, well, we have a desktop and a new laptop at the time and both are pretty slow on the internet, still a bit faster than dial up.

I was doing some checking with the pricing of the cable internet, it was $59 per month, we are currently paying $65 per month with AT&T for a land line and dsl, come November, when I take a week off and the wife has a few extra days off, I will be checking the prices again and quite possibly switch over, but I have a feeling that the time for AT&T in this house will be limited to a couple more months after 5 years of internet service or lack of I should say.

mercurybluz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 06:48 AM   #2
Bus Nut

The way I understand it, alot of companies will keep records for 6months and then they get transferred into storage, which is another department. Ask them to bring the records out of Storage and they gripe, bitch, and moan. If your lucky, they do it. If not, they charge you to do it.

Good Luck.
Sojakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 08:35 AM   #3
Bus Nut

Next time, Tell them that the only way you will stay with them is if they give you a free years worth of service on their highest package, With TV.

That should get them off your back.
Old 10-12-2009, 08:55 PM   #4
Bus Nut

If you really wanted to reach a human being, just stop paying them for a while, they will call...trust me!!

You just might be a Redneck if...
...your motor home used to be a school bus!
...Your living room has a steering wheel!
...Your home has brake lights

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1989 Thomas Diesel Pusher (Cat 3208/Freightliner)
Chesapeake, Virginia
GoneCamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 11:45 AM   #5
Skoolie

Year: 1969
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: Chevrolet
Engine: 350 Chevrolet
Rated Cap: 65
Send a message via Yahoo to C00LR

I cant say anything about the Verizon internet service, never used it. But if its anything like Verizons phone service your not going to be very happy. I've been with Verizon for several years. And in the last couple of years their service has gone downhill. Its supposed to be getting better but its not as far as I can tell.
I used to sing the praises about Verizon. I deployed overseas for Desert Storm part II or Operation Iraqi Freedom or whatever you wanna call it. They told me I could put my account on hold while I was gone. I came back to find that they cancelled my account and I owed 175 bucks for breach of contract. I went to the local Verizon store and asked why this was since I had paid the 15 bucks a month while I was gone and is this how this company REALLY treats their servicemen and women? The girl behind the counter says I can only be on hold like that for 3 months. "oh wait a second" "you are military??" YES!!! Well then wait one second... She picked up the phone and called Verizon whoever and proceeded to RIP into someone on the other end of the phone and told them "THIS GUY DOES NOT OWE THE $175 and that I was here to reinstate my account and any penalties will be waived because it wasnt my fault because I was deployed overseas yadda yadda yadda. I was pretty impressed that I came out on top of that deal.
I moved back here to Kansas and had great service with them until a couple of years ago and since then their service has gone downhill. Here at my house, the Verizon MY NETWORK guy who follows you around with all those people with him stops at the end of my driveway and I think they all stand out there and laugh at me. GRANTED, Verizon doesnt guarantee any service inside any structure blah blah blah. I understand that. Especially if I was at Smittys house with the tin foil layers on the roof. But come on!! Out in my driveway the service sucks as well. If I have to take an important call I have to get in my truck and drive to the end of the street and sit in the school parking lot.

"There are No Conflicts, Public or Private, That Cannot be Resolved with the Proper Application of High Explosives"

IYAAYAS
C00LR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 08:18 PM   #6
Skoolie

Year: 1969
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: Chevrolet
Engine: 350 Chevrolet
Rated Cap: 65
Send a message via Yahoo to C00LR

ahhhh........ the old "go anywhere in the place and do anything you want as long as your holding a clipboard trick" works every time!!!

Another trick I picked up while in the military. Act like you own the place. Act like you know what you are talking about and carry a clipboard and make notes every once in a while. You can get away with anything you want.

"There are No Conflicts, Public or Private, That Cannot be Resolved with the Proper Application of High Explosives"

IYAAYAS
C00LR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 01:21 AM   #7
Bus Nut

Is that like carrying a pocket thermometer when you go to fastfood places? Makes them think that your a secret shopper. Everyone wants to get a good report sent to corporate... also makes them tend to put a little more into your food to make sure that its the right weight.
Old 01-02-2010, 01:06 PM   #8
Bus Crazy

The CEO of Verizon (originally made up of "Baby Bells" New England Telephone, New York Telephone, Bell Atlantic Telephone, etc.) has also publicly stated he doesn't care about the traditional copper wire customers, either. Now that gummint "lifeline" service is providing free cellphones for people on welfare (no joke), maybe the Feds will let the Bells allow the copper to rot away. My question is how can they keep their cell sites working without viable "outside plant." I see a small percentage of cell sites connected to the network by microwave. The rest are on fiber optic or copper. And I don't expect to see 'Fiber to the Premises" (FIOS) in rural areas any time soon.

I have audio traffic on several hundred leased analog point-to-point lines, and the telco techs today can't seem to fix them when they break. New tech skills are being added, but old skills are being lost to retirement, promotions, transfers, etc.

For one example, we had a trouble call where a mouse chewed a wire between the Verizon demarc and an on-site electronics "shelf." My sub-contractor even advised the call center that the trouble was likely somewhere on the premises. We were paying for sound to travel from one demarc to another demarc, but Verizon wouldn't respond to the premises and fix their broken wire because the on-site electronics responded to remote tests 100%. After 3 days the sub-contractor called me to get management contacts to ride heard on the locals. Grrrrrr . . . .
Someone said "Making good decisions comes from experience, experience comes from bad decisions." I say there are three kinds of people: those who learn from their mistakes, those who learn from the mistakes of others, and those who never learn.
Redbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 06:03 PM   #9

I was talking to a buddy of mine in Missouri, and he had switched to Birch communications. He was so happy when he got his first bill and saw there were not a bunch of added on charges.

It is great for businesses. They are $36.95 a line and that includes 1500 minutes of long distance. Also they have a personal rep that they can call and he answers the phone as it rings direct to his desk.

This is good I found out in Texas, Missouri, and Kansas. I jsut switched.

If you want to as well call Jay at 866-978-7298, switching over took about 10 minutes tops.
chambedj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 06:41 PM   #10
Bus Nut

LOL!
Abbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 07:05 PM   #11
Skoolie

Year: 1998
Coachwork: Thomas SafTLiner
Chassis: FE
Engine: 5.9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 60

dentedvw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 08:51 PM   #12
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by chambedj
I was talking to a buddy of mine in Missouri, and he had switched to Birch communications. He was so happy when he got his first bill and saw there were not a bunch of added on charges.

It is great for businesses. They are $36.95 a line and that includes 1500 minutes of long distance. Also they have a personal rep that they can call and he answers the phone as it rings direct to his desk.

This is good I found out in Texas, Missouri, and Kansas. I jsut switched.

If you want to as well call Jay at 866-978-7298, switching over took about 10 minutes tops.
Thanks Jay
Hehe
Abbott is offline   Reply With Quote