Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-18-2005, 02:33 AM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

bus business

so today on my way to work (which is not in a stiffling cubicle, yay!) I saw a school bus that was a rolling gymnasium. apparently, although I just saw it in passing, you can rent it for birthday parties, etc. this got me thinking about what other uses I have seen for school buses. here is my list, please add:
I have seen
a bus that was a tacostand (I have a photo some where, and when I become technologically savey, I shall post it)
a bus that was a souvenier shop (in new zealand)
a bus that was an internet cafe (also in new zealand.... and not quite sure if it was really a school bus, but it was definetly a bus of some sort)
a bus that was a hostel
school buses for use as public transportation (central america)
and obviously the various book mobiles..

and since I am from boston, the buston bus.... a party bus (has anyone seen that?)

does anyone have ones they can add? especially with pictures? I know you do steve!
thanks!

or, does anyone have a great bus business idea that they have been bouncing around for a while?

wonderkaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 03:21 PM   #2
Skoolie

Engine: CAT 3208 NA
I've always liked the idea of a sort of mobile history museum - a blacksmith's or silversmith's shop. You'd travel to state and arts fairs and make stuff and talk about pre-industrial revolution fabrication methods while people watch.

Maybe one could get a grant for something like that and augment it by selling stuff you made.

Jake.