Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-22-2019, 09:01 PM   #1
Bus Nut

Year: 1995
Coachwork: AMTRAM
Chassis: INT
Engine: DT466
Rated Cap: Big Girl
Bus Junkyards Near You?

Anyone know of any bus junk yards around them? Or like places I can get some parts from?

I need the left grab rail, just as you enter the door, it went from the seat lip on the wall there to the first seat/wall.

Mine is a 1995 Amtran Genesis Flat Noise Front Engine.

Need one bad.....

Will pay you to pull and ship or pay finders fee.

bigskypc50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 11:19 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 2001
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: MVP ER
Engine: CAT 3126
Do you know if it's the same grab rail as found on a International AmTran RE? M&M Salvage about 2 hours south of me has a bunch of 2002-2004s for sale. Though we're not on the best terms for right now, I could try asking if this would match what you need. I hear there's a very large yard in Pennsylvania that has scrap buses but I don't know precisely where.

Truthseeker4449 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 06:04 AM   #3
Bus Nut

Thanks the REs ate totally different then the FE my stair well angles to rear. Not on good terms? I could call them myself, anything from the 90s in PA is likely been pulled off the roads and scrapped years ago from rust I hear it’s bad there
Old 12-23-2019, 06:16 AM   #4
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
I've kept the grab rails off at least a couple of the buses I've demo'd. I'll check next time I'm out where I keep my bus bits.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 06:17 AM   #5
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
I write this from the standpoint of being a bus enthusiast / restore / resto-mod.. im always after parts for my old superior and carpenter.. and searching for a Wayne so i tend to migrate to spots with the *Bus* part of things..

Ohio

Mike and B sales - newcomerstown ohio. - BIG! buy whole busses or pieces parts.. typical busses are busses sent to them right pout of service. some are actually decent.. many are rusty.. parts for pretty much everything.. 90s-00s. lots of good hoods, mirrors, switches, seats, etc. possibly candidate for allison swaps.. they tend to try and sell newer busses whole, they get some which are too rusty.. I see stuf come through here with 3060s and AD2000s.. the lady owner doesnt like customers pulling their own parts.. the 2 guys that are usually in the trailer are "have at it"..

Warner Auto - mt sterling ohio - doing a classic bus restoration from the 70s / 80s? they have Superior , carpenter, Blue bird, wayne, Thomas, Ward , AmTran. most of their busses are early 90s and older. most drivetrain parts gone.. but lots of good glass, heaters, steering wheels, body trim.. some S-series, Ford B-series and Loadstar Hoods.. they also are a time-capsule of old cars.. ive seen perfect tasil lights and chrome bumpers for 60s cadillacs in there..

Starks wrecking - Miamisburg ohio - car junklyard with a few busses.. a few GMC chassis.. motors gone.. a few S-series and 3800 IH.. some busses still have original seats.. they have a couple Superior as well..

Myers - canfield Ohio - Mixture of busses.. seems like stuff doesnt stick around forever here.. they dont like to talk on the phone much.. best to just go.. good size and everything from 80s-00s.. ive even seen a couple nearly new busses that were crashed,, still had good Maxxforce motors intact..

there are others that some of my friends go to. but I havent gone to yet.. these above are my main go-to for junk bus parts.. yes Ohio / indiana / western PA, kentucky tends to be a mecca of wrecking yards.. .. nmy guess is because the average life of school busses in this area is relatively short due to High usage of road salt.. perfectly running busses in the bone yard with 6000 hours and 120k miles are not uncommon here.. however you might put your feet through the floors..

-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 06:32 AM   #6
Bus Geek

Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
There used to be a big coach scrapper in Ocala area called Bus Bones. Not to be confused with Bus Bones Vintage- they were Aircooled VW guys.

I think theyre both long gone. Haven't seen a bus junkyard anywhere down here.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 06:37 AM   #7
Bus Geek

Year: 2003
Coachwork: International
Chassis: CE 300
Engine: DT466e
Rated Cap: 65C-43A
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskypc50 View Post
Anyone know of any bus junk yards around them? Or like places I can get some parts from?

I need the left grab rail, just as you enter the door, it went from the seat lip on the wall there to the first seat/wall.

Mine is a 1995 Amtran Genesis Flat Noise Front Engine.

Need one bad.....

Will pay you to pull and ship or pay finders fee.
I kept mine from the demo but I'm not going to be reusing it. My bus is a CE from 2003 so I'm not sure if it would fit your bus or not, but if it does you can have it for free. I'm away from my bus at the moment but I can take a pic and measure the thing on Thursday if you like.
Old 12-23-2019, 06:51 AM   #8
Bus Nut

From I see it has to be FE bus as my stairs angle back as you enter, and the RE's and CEs look like they have a grab rail that go's down into the stair well (like the photo above from truth seeker), mine was bolted right on the floor and had a little arm that connected to the seat lip on the wall.

Thanks guys! Like many of you, I removed all that stuff and trashed it, well family member has to have it to enter the bus anymore. Messed up back sadly.
Old 12-23-2019, 08:49 AM   #9
Bus Crazy

Year: 2000
Coachwork: Bluebird
Engine: 5.9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 2 elderly children, 1 cat
AAA Bus Sales in PHX 602-278-9339
Old 12-23-2019, 09:08 AM   #10
Bus Nut

Thanks guys found it from Mike And B Sales shipped out to me for $50 bucks. Very good price.

Owe you Caddy Kid, PM Me.
Old 07-17-2021, 11:34 AM   #11

Looking for parts

Im in need of a part for a 1993 gmc/chevy school bus does anyone know anyone that can help me.
Attached Thumbnails
Resized_20210712_132746.jpeg  
94 GRAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2021, 01:16 PM   #12
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
what is the bus body? im assuming thats a dashboard part? might be nice to have described what it is and what the manufacturer of the bus and model is.. is it a van cutaway? a GMC C-60 ? a Thomas? bluebird?
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2021, 02:18 PM   #13
Bus Geek

Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
I would suspect the RE and FE use the same bar, just the FE one is rotated rearward to the bulkhead panel.