Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-01-2017, 08:25 PM   #21
Bus Nut

Year: 2000
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: T444E
I tend to agree with eastcoast; Both buses are grossly overpriced. Why should he make a profit on both the bus and the conversion? You could find a better fit on govdeals or publicsurplus. I guess that's business but I hate to see anyone getting taken advantage of.

I'd take the front engine over the rear if you're going to drive it a lot. I'm biased though -- just more comfortable with that. I also know my way under the hood and like that I know where everything should be (like a car).

But in all seriousness ... consider picking out your own bus.

Old 08-02-2017, 12:57 PM   #22
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2004
Coachwork: IC RE
Chassis: International
Engine: DT530
Rated Cap: 84
I like the International IC RE. In my opinion they are better looking buses and most have the 444 or 446 in them. Most have basements as well. At least around here. Plus they average $3000 to $3500 for 2000 to about a 2005 with 120,000 up to 180,000.
Papajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 01:07 PM   #23
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by warewolff View Post
I tend to agree with eastcoast; Both buses are grossly overpriced. Why should he make a profit on both the bus and the conversion? You could find a better fit on govdeals or publicsurplus. I guess that's business but I hate to see anyone getting taken advantage of.

I'd take the front engine over the rear if you're going to drive it a lot. I'm biased though -- just more comfortable with that. I also know my way under the hood and like that I know where everything should be (like a car).

But in all seriousness ... consider picking out your own bus.
I'm glad to hear everyone's feedback about the prices. We are going to see Charlie on Friday and will definitely ask him about that. He had said if he were to find a bus for us specifically, he would only charge what he paid for the bus plus a 10% finder's fee. I think these prices are what he would sell them for to the general public. But we agree that we shouldn't pay those prices especially since we're about to pay him tens of thousands of dollars to convert the bus for us.

I don't feel comfortable finding a bus on my own, as I really don't know what to look for. Charlie has been buying and converting buses for years now so I trust his judgement.

Thank you again, I really appreciate this community!
chickadee020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 02:09 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papajoe View Post
I like the International IC RE. In my opinion they are better looking buses and most have the 444 or 446 in them. Most have basements as well. At least around here. Plus they average $3000 to $3500 for 2000 to about a 2005 with 120,000 up to 180,000.
Where are you located?? Did you find your bus direct from the school?
notseW is offline   Reply With Quote