Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-08-2010, 11:27 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1996
busses with bike storage room...???

Can anyone point me in the right direction in the gallery, I've been looking but haven't come up with anything yet. I'm looking for any busses with pics of bike storage in the back of the bus. (motorbikes)

thanks!

Ireland

Ireland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 01:38 PM   #2
Mini-Skoolie

Re: busses with bike storage room...???

I know I've seen one in the gallery. Someone had three cruisers in the back. Sorry I can't be more help, but I couldn't not respond to a guy who is evidently going in the same direction as myself.
crazyidea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 07:56 PM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Thanks crazyidea. I coulda sworn I had seen something here at one time or another...If I find it, I'll definitely post a link.

Oh and...not a guy. I'm a girl.

Old 01-13-2010, 04:27 AM   #4
Bus Nut

try sportyrick for a start, Millicent chronicles has a monster garage in back also
paul iossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 07:50 AM   #5
Bus Nut

Bikeforthelight might have been it. Johnny was saying that its going to be his Touring (mobile)Home while he goes from Bicycle event to bicycle event.
Sojakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 11:19 AM   #6
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireland
Thanks crazyidea. I coulda sworn I had seen something here at one time or another...If I find it, I'll definitely post a link.

Oh and...not a guy. I'm a girl.

My bad.
Old 01-15-2010, 04:37 PM   #7
Mini-Skoolie

Thanks for the replys! No worries crazyidea
K, I'm gonna dig around a little more...
Old 01-26-2010, 09:45 PM   #8
Bus Nut

Year: 1976
Coachwork: bluebird
Chassis: F33695
Engine: 427 chevy converted to 466
Rated Cap: 84

ireland: I have a picture of my bikes in the back of my bus Sportyrick GALLERY I can put 4 bikes in the back but not baggers, haven't tried yet, door is only 38 1/2" wide but we just angle the handlebars on my girlfriends sporty to get it in, they're about 35". I have a 12 foot u-haul ramp under the floor that we pull out to load the bikes. I made my own hold downs that screw through the floor into threaded blocks to hold them in place yet can be removed for open spaces. Maybe you can see them in my picture. We use the space for other things like camping gear, a couch or sleeping drunks. Write me if you have any questions. sportyrick
sportyrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 07:39 PM   #9
Mini-Skoolie

Personally my goal is to get a bagger and another smaller bike in and have a dirt bike strapped to the back. I've been making floor layouts again and again and haven't figured out a way to fit everything in without resorting to a futon/hideabed. If I ever get it right, I'll scan it and upload it to the sight.
Old 02-07-2010, 09:22 AM   #10
Skoolie

Year: 1998
Coachwork: Thomas SafTLiner
Chassis: FE
Engine: 5.9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 60

I have no scanner, but our layout puts both beds as fold up models. No way around it if you want to have a garage in the back. The "master" bed folds up against the wall, and has the dining table on the bottom of it, which can fold down, or stay put.
The kids bed is back farther, and has a low desk/table under it which she can use to color at, play games, or whatever.
Wish I was any good at cad/sketchup, I would simply show you there.

We are going to be storing two motorcycles in the back, along with a few bicycles hanging above them.
The third bike will be relegated to the tongue or deck of the tandem axle car trailer we will have to get to bring our jeep around wherever we are. It will also house some small storage bins for other bits and tools.
dentedvw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 05:25 PM   #11
Almost There

Hawg Wagon had a white bus that would accomodate a Street Glide through the rear door. He used a hydraulic lift to get them in and out. Search for Hawg Wagon Project thread.
Castro is offline   Reply With Quote