Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-26-2004, 10:12 PM   #1
Bus Crazy

Send a message via AIM to Steve
Camping World Retail Stores

I finally made it to one of the retail stores in person today. I have been a member for a year and ordered stuff from the catalog but never had a chance to road trip one of the stores.

I bought a bunch of neat stuff you will hear about soon, and if you didn't know the prices in the actual store are less than those shown in their catalog plus you don't have to pay for shipping. Its a great deal if there is one near your area or you happen to come across one.

Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 03:21 PM   #2
Skoolie

Year: 86
Coachwork: Thomas saf-t-liner
Chassis: International
Engine: dt466
Rated Cap: 40
Re: Camping World Retail Stores

Once again, I know this is an old post. I went to one in south Salt lake city and they were completely unhelpful and arrogant. All I was asking about was if there were gps programs for long rigs so that they don't get stuck on the wrong exit. You know the kind that 180 in like 20ft. They thought I was nuts even though I have found these to be available at truck stops of grandiose size. And yeah I went back to make sure they were skooled.
recycler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 04:02 PM   #3
Bus Nut

There's one by my house in grand rapids, Michigan. The lady that helped me the last time I was there seemed helpful & interested in my non-traditional RV. I did get suckered into their "presidents club" so I save something like 10% for a year on anything I buy, I had to pay 10 or 15 bucks to join, but it almost paid for itself with the shrflo water pump I got for my sink. I found it to be about the same price I could get it online. I had stopped in there a few months earlier, and was bombarded by a motorhome salesman... it's all in who you talk to there, just like anywhere else.

If I remember correctly they had EU2000's for something like $1,100 or $1,200 bucks, so somethings are a little high priced. They did have some neat stuff in there, that I'd love to get for my bus... someday.
Old 12-22-2008, 06:34 PM   #4
Skoolie

Year: 86
Coachwork: Thomas saf-t-liner
Chassis: International
Engine: dt466
Rated Cap: 40

touche' they did have some other interesting stuff made in china
recycler is offline   Reply With Quote