Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-09-2016, 08:56 PM   #181
Bus Geek

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: All American RE (A3RE)
Engine: Cummins ISC (8.3)
Rated Cap: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by roach711 View Post
I'm of the opinion that America just dodged a major bullet with this election. A hillary win would have packed the supreme court and not long after that began rewriting the constitution beginning with the 2nd. Our borders would have been thrown open even more than they are now and soon we wouldn't recognize the place. Religious freedom looked to be on the chopping block too.

I think we'll be surprised how well Trump performs and get the impression that his crazy-ass campaign was all an act. Fingers crossed that he'll actually get something good done.
I have kind of followed Trump since I read "Art of the Deal" several years ago. I don't think his behavior was an act. Just my humble opinion.

Other than that I completely agree. Hillary scares the Hell out of me and the idea of her having influence over the filling of up to three seats on the Supreme Court was beyond horrible.

I was shocked when I heard her say that Christians needed to adjust their faith to be more "progressive". Apparently she cut class when they were teaching the 1st Amendment.

Fortunately we dodged the bullet.

PNW_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 10:11 PM   #182
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by slaughridge85 View Post
member the good old days when a 440 round spam can cost 86 bucks? They're actually getting hard to find from distributors now believe it or not... Saw one the other day they wanted 300 bucks for 440 rounds...
Man you can tell how long its been since I stocked up on what I wanted and quit caring about stuff.
I paid $75 for my last few spam cans years ago. Same with 7.62x25.
Saw Tula 54R at wallyworld the other day! Strange times we live in!
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 10:50 PM   #183
Bus Geek

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: All American RE (A3RE)
Engine: Cummins ISC (8.3)
Rated Cap: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastCB View Post
Man you can tell how long its been since I stocked up on what I wanted and quit caring about stuff.
I paid $75 for my last few spam cans years ago. Same with 7.62x25.
Saw Tula 54R at wallyworld the other day! Strange times we live in!
You reminded me of a little misadventure that I had several years ago. (pre-9/11)

I went full time on the road in my first bus. I was very involved in pistol shooting and decided to stock up before I went on the road. I loaded up on brass, powder, bullets & primers and spent many evenings at the reloading bench. I hit the road with over 10k rounds. Including almost 1100 rounds of hollow point ammo. I remember that number because it cost me $4 a round totaling over $4300.

My wife wanted to visit family in Canada so we left all of my guns with friends in Michigan and headed for the Windsor border crossing not thinking a thing about having over 10000 rounds of ammo. RCMP found a loaded magazine in my night stand and asked "what else do you have?" I showed them, they went ape ****. They simply could not understand why I had soo much ammo. Then they discovered that some of it was hollow point. Apparently that was forbidden in Canada.

Eight hours, 1100 rounds and $4300 later I got back on the road. They wanted to take all of my ammo but couldn't figure out what law I was breaking with the target loads and finally gave up.

They beat the hell out of my bus too. Scratched brand new cabinets, damaged cabinet hinges and damaged flooring.

Great fun......
PNW_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 08:34 AM   #184
Bus Nut

Year: 1998
Coachwork: AmTran International
Chassis: 3800
Engine: Navistar 7.6L
Quote:
Originally Posted by roach711 View Post
I'm of the opinion that America just dodged a major bullet with this election. A hillary win would have packed the supreme court and not long after that began rewriting the constitution beginning with the 2nd.
You got that right.
The 2008 SCOTUS ruling in the District of Columbia v. Heller case
was one justice away from severely changing the landscape of gun ownership in America.
And that was Scalia, and now Trump will be filling that seat with his guy.
Hopefully two or three in the next four years.

And Donald Trump, Jr. appears to be a big gun rights advocate.
Just google his name and add "guns" to his name.
Hopefully he will/has a good influence on daddy.
DoubleO7 is offline   Reply With Quote