Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-03-2016, 09:14 PM   #121
Bus Nut

Year: 1994
Coachwork: Genesis/Am-Tran Tall Roof
Chassis: International, 643 transmission
Engine: DT 466ci 250hp, International
Rated Cap: 86 screaming Monsters
Let them troll, there never taking my guns. Life has been good I'm ready to defend the 2nd.

I have a lot of guns. I cant wait tell we have universal CWP. At least some one is talking about it.

I was just at tractor supply looking at a scratch and dent safe that I tough I could put in my bus closet.

Geo Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 09:53 PM   #122
Bus Crazy

Year: 2000
Coachwork: Eldorado Aerotech 24'
Chassis: Ford E-450 Cutaway Bus
Engine: 7.3L Powerstroke
Rated Cap: 19
I'm not too worried. Obummer had 8 years and couldn't do anything. If anything, gun laws are even looser now than when he took office.

Bill and Hillary saw what happens when you try to ban guns.
Old 11-03-2016, 11:59 PM   #123
Bus Crazy

Year: 1989
Coachwork: 1853FC International/Navistar
Chassis: 35' Retired Air Force Ambulance
Engine: DT466, MT643
Rated Cap: 6 souls and a driver
O.D. Green Springfield xd40

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Old 11-06-2016, 08:11 PM   #124
Skoolie

the laws are all over the place...in PA you can transport a gun (any gun) in a car BUT only to/from your home and an FFL, shooting range or hunting (with a hunting license) and you many not stop- at all - gas, piss, food - sorry, that's a stop and it's a violation.

Penalty is you may never own guns again. Stiff one, huh?

BUT you can get a concealed carry permit just for asking - we are a must-issue state, no reason needed. Then you can carry concealed, open, in your car, in your lap - whatever.

Most states are now reciprocal on that...but not all.

Some states list your CC permit with your drivers license or license plate so a cop knows you have, or MAY have a gun with you. PA doesn't do that, florida does. It was big news 2 years ago when a FLA resident was pulled over on 95 in MD (a very anti gun state) and his car was strip searched (as in taken apart) looking for a gun. Why? MD never said why they did it.

Many I know used to get a 'utah non resident permit', a CC permit that was accepted by many or most states - be that for real self defense, paranoia or political reasons, can't say.

I do competitive shooting and go to ohio often - never paid attention to their laws..no doubt broke many. Can't put my garand in a trunk in my car when I don't have a trunk...LOL. One could say that anywhere in my outback I could reach a gun...

A group of friends went to arizona for a cowboy action shoot - 5 of them, 4 flew one drove the gun and ammo...how would YOU explain to the cop why you have 25 or 30 guns and 2,000 rounds of ammo in your car? LOL

Never heard of anyone but the FLA guy (whose gun was in FLA) that had issues.

My concerns are having an accident and you're in the hospital and your vehicle (and guns) are god knows where - here they do not secure vehicles towed from accidents.

Or you break down and get towed, the vehicle is a strange town/shop/area and your gun(s) are in it..or on you which may be illegal.

There are work arounds for all of this of course.
prof.fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 08:14 PM   #125
Skoolie

Yeah..no.
that's legal advice and it's wrong.
At least in PA.

https://www.rt.com/usa/160896-pennsy...earch-warrant/

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapeer20m View Post
also remember that in almost every case, an officer cannot search your vehicle without your permission. If they are asking you for your permission, they most likely lack the probable cause to conduct the search.
Old 11-07-2016, 03:20 PM   #126
Bus Nut

Chassis: International
Engine: 9.L
Rated Cap: 64
A shotgun, and i plan on having a nice spot to keep it.
mikeypj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 03:45 PM   #127
Bus Nut

Year: 1994
Coachwork: Genesis/Am-Tran Tall Roof
Chassis: International, 643 transmission
Engine: DT 466ci 250hp, International
Rated Cap: 86 screaming Monsters
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeypj View Post
A shotgun, and i plan on having a nice spot to keep it.
I agree its a solid weapon and can be taken virtually any where and you have a concealed weapons permit you may even be able to have rounds in it. Except CA or NY i think. I'm not sure about their laws. I heard in CA you have to have a have CWP to carry but your not allowed for it to be loaded? This sounds like BS but again I"m not sure. I know my Glock is band their for buying now but I'm not sure if i can have it there in that state at all sense i bought it before the ban? I'll ask Hilary

Shot gun is so robust it takes so many types of rounds, extended round holder gets you to 8 rounds from a duck gun of 3 or 4. I have a scope and sling with 30 rounds and 8 rounds on the barrel. Flash lite on a rail. Throw it in the mud swim with it then shoot. Ive been making slug rounds with candle wax for a while now.Much easier to make and cheaper shoots like lead kinda Amazing!
But bird shot is a super great defense if you ever need it plus if you have a extended round barrel extension you can load in a more progressive round for each shot. My grand father was believer in the first round on the farm for security was a blank. Should scare off a animal or person at night with a good bang and flash. After that he had a couple pockets with an assortment of fun. Ive been told it was not a good idea to steal his chickens or sneak out his daughters at night.

In CA you might not be able to have a open mounted shot gun even if its locked with the rounds locked in the trunk? I have this crazy Idea how about we all form a government and have the same rules!
Geo Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 03:52 PM   #128
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1990
Coachwork: Shuttle Bus
Chassis: Ford E350
Engine: Ford 460/7.5l
Rated Cap: 15
I can neither confirm or deny.

As the sign reads...Every other trespasser shot dead and the last one just left.
Old 11-07-2016, 03:56 PM   #129
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo Jeff View Post
I agree its a solid weapon and can be taken virtually any where and you have a concealed weapons permit you may even be able to have rounds in it. Except CA or NY i think. I'm not sure about their laws. I heard in CA you have to have a have CWP to carry but your not allowed for it to be loaded? This sounds like BS but again I"m not sure. I know my Glock is band their for buying now but I'm not sure if i can have it there in that state at all sense i bought it before the ban? I'll ask Hilary

Shot gun is so robust it takes so many types of rounds, extended round holder gets you to 8 rounds from a duck gun of 3 or 4. I have a scope and sling with 30 rounds and 8 rounds on the barrel. Flash lite on a rail. Throw it in the mud swim with it then shoot. Ive been making slug rounds with candle wax for a while now.Much easier to make and cheaper shoots like lead kinda Amazing!
But bird shot is a super great defense if you ever need it plus if you have a extended round barrel extension you can load in a more progressive round for each shot. My grand father was believer in the first round on the farm for security was a blank. Should scare off a animal or person at night with a good bang and flash. After that he had a couple pockets with an assortment of fun. Ive been told it was not a good idea to steal his chickens or sneak out his daughters at night.

In CA you might not be able to have a open mounted shot gun even if its locked with the rounds locked in the trunk? I have this crazy Idea how about we all form a government and have the same rules!
Im not real worried about being busted for carrying a loaded or concealed weapon to be honest..its the bag of heroin im nervous about. .bwahahahaha im joking!
Old 11-07-2016, 05:35 PM   #130
Skoolie

without a concealed carry permit AFAIK it's illegal to be able to reach a loaded gun, of any kind, while driving.

Now most, if not all, campgrounds I've been in ban firearms of all kinds. Now unless you're cleaning your gun 'on the front porch' whose to know?

the concern is something like this happening..which I know, 'never happens'..until it does.

Jackson: Gun owner unarmed, unwelcome in Maryland | TBO.com

short read - https://www.gunlaws101.com/article/v...le-journey-law
Old 11-07-2016, 06:29 PM   #131
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by prof.fate View Post
without a concealed carry permit AFAIK it's illegal to be able to reach a loaded gun, of any kind, while driving.

Now most, if not all, campgrounds I've been in ban firearms of all kinds. Now unless you're cleaning your gun 'on the front porch' whose to know?

the concern is something like this happening..which I know, 'never happens'..until it does.

Jackson: Gun owner unarmed, unwelcome in Maryland | TBO.com

short read - https://www.gunlaws101.com/article/v...le-journey-law
Exactly, and why would i need my shotgun while driving? my hands would already be full texting and dtinking my bloody mary..[emoji23]
Old 11-07-2016, 06:44 PM   #132
Bus Crazy

Speaks for itself... Nuff said
Old 11-07-2016, 06:47 PM   #133
Bus Crazy

Quote:
Exactly, and why would i need my shotgun while driving? my hands would already be full texting and dtinking my bloody mary..[emoji23]
The school crossing guard always gives me the stink-eye when she sees me holding a beer in one hand while texting with the other
Old 11-07-2016, 08:42 PM   #134
Bus Geek

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: All American RE (A3RE)
Engine: Cummins ISC (8.3)
Rated Cap: 72
Quote:
You should know better than to dtink and dtrive...
PNW_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 08:50 PM   #135
Bus Geek

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: All American RE (A3RE)
Engine: Cummins ISC (8.3)
Rated Cap: 72
Good source of information regarding travel with firearms: https://www.nraila.org/articles/2015...transportation

Be careful on this site though. This is an organization that was started by the US Government and their political views may be influenced as such.......
PNW_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 11:27 PM   #136
Bus Nut

Those would leave a mark. OUCH!
1olfart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 08:47 AM   #137
Bus Nut

Haha! Good one!
Old 11-08-2016, 08:58 AM   #138
Bus Geek

Year: 1946
Coachwork: Chevrolet/Wayne
Chassis: 1- 1/2 ton
Engine: Cummins 4BT
A bunch of guys in Nam alternated 000 with rifled slugs. Allows for more...options. That's how I keep my ancient 12g Winchester Defender loaded. But, there are some seriously crazy shotgun rounds available these days.
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 09:02 AM   #139
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
A bunch of guys in Nam alternated 000 with rifled slugs. Allows for more...options. That's how I keep my ancient 12g Winchester Defender loaded. But, there are some seriously crazy shotgun rounds available these days.
Pretty much like the old "buck and ball" loadings.

I like the standard #4 turkey high brass load for HD.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 10:47 AM   #140
Bus Nut

Year: 2000
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: Your mom +1
I load my own duplex rounds for my shotgun. #8 birdshot with 6 00 buck stacked in a helix. Makes an amazing diamond shaped pattern at medium range...
slaughridge85 is offline   Reply With Quote