Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-21-2018, 08:31 AM   #1

Lightbulb Ceiling ideas

Hello all, I am new to the game and trying to get started on my conversion. I was wondering what people are doing for their ceilings. Anything you can give me for ideas or better yet pictures would be amazing! Also I am located in Michigan, I would assume it’s essential for me insulate as well.
Thanks in advanced for the help!

Freshbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 10:17 AM   #2
Bus Geek

Coachwork: 97 Bluebird TC1000 5.9
Welcome
It's more like the pictures are already here in somebody's build thread. You read threads and decide what type of ceiling you like from there.

So tell us about what you're working on or planning on. Do you have a us yet? Honestly we'd rather help you find a good bus. Either way, yes you'll want insulation. Even if you think you're tough and think you can get by without insulation, you'll change your mind after the first winter.
Have fun with your build.
Old 02-21-2018, 11:59 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin97396 View Post
Welcome
It's more like the pictures are already here in somebody's build thread. You read threads and decide what type of ceiling you like from there.

So tell us about what you're working on or planning on. Do you have a us yet? Honestly we'd rather help you find a good bus. Either way, yes you'll want insulation. Even if you think you're tough and think you can get by without insulation, you'll change your mind after the first winter.
Okay I will have to look for that thread and no bus yet have been shopping a little tho. Just planning at this point, trying to do the best I can do for cheap. I’m thinking for sure a bus withe the front engine though. I have been trying to work out the cost of everything to get this done. Would like to know how deep my pockets have to be before I dive into it this spring.
Thanks for the help!
Old 02-21-2018, 12:39 PM   #4
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin97396 View Post
Welcome

Quicker than that...especially in Michigan...

Sent from my VS500PP using Tapatalk
Jdawgsfanasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 01:54 PM   #5
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Pinterest.com "Skoolie Ceilings"
https://www.pinterest.com/search/pin...yped&term_meta[]=skoolie%7Ctyped&term_meta[]=ceilings%7Ctyped
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 03:34 PM   #6

Thank you guys! insulation for sure, im a little worried about the stock windows and losing heat in the winter. Could someone help direct me to the ceiling thread with all the ideas?
thank you!
Old 02-21-2018, 04:30 PM   #7
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/3060
Rated Cap: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshbus View Post
Thank you guys! insulation for sure, im a little worried about the stock windows and losing heat in the winter. Could someone help direct me to the ceiling thread with all the ideas?
thank you!
You won't find a "ceiling thread with all the ideas" here. You will find it in the link I posted before this one.
o1marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 09:28 AM   #8

Okay just wanted to make sure, thank you for your help!

Tags
ceiling, roof