Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-08-2010, 01:33 PM   #1
Bus Geek

Year: 1986
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: 40 ft All American FE
Engine: 8.2LTA Fuel Pincher DD V8
Rated Cap: 89
CraigsList... Did I do Good?

Well, I've been cruising thru the craig's listings via http://www.craiglook.com/ and yesterday afternoon I found some things listed that I thought we could need. They were right here in Socorro. Less than 5 minutes away... if we drove slow. So we went an looked at them. Guy had tore out an Argosy (1980's model) and had "Parts" he needs to get rid of (they are moving). We ended up with the black tank, the Thetford toilet (low rise model) the grey tank and the 6 gal LP water heater all for $40 (he gave us the water heater for free... wanted $10 for it... pilot won't light... we think we can fix it)... Stacey also got a nice hammock for $10 that she's been wanting and a pile of plants and fancy rocks (free). David got a good home-brewed beer out of it. Sounds good.

Here's where it gets complicated.... The toilet will either replace or repair the Thetford toilet in the RV (part to repair costs as much as a brand new toilet and the Craigs list one is the same as the RV's but a low not high)... so it's a good thing I have a toilet (china Sealand Traveler 910 from another camper... it was free) for the bus. The black tank is a bit small at 18 gal but can be replaced later with a larger tank if we feel we need it. The one in the Class C is 18 gal and we dump every few days. The grey tank is 15 or 20 gal and a standard RV waste tank (meaning it's one of the thin ones at 4.5" high)... THAT is going on the food cart (underneath the floor)... so I guess I get the 30 gal tank that we got free while in TX to use on the bus for a waste tank. Let's not forget the water heater. Do I have a water heater for the bus? No, David has a water heater for the food cart! He decided he didn't want an LP only water heater for the bus but it is the only kind we can run on the food cart. I have located a 40#/10 gallon ( works out to 9 gal filled because we have the same size on the RV) permanent mount LP tank. I will wait a week and then see if they will take less for it. It looks pretty rough (lots of rust on the mount section...or dirt hard to tell) and they want $35 OBO. That isn't needed very badly. We can always run one of the 20# BBQ tanks (we have 5) and we are setting up a quick-connect system like we built on the Class C. Still I got my tanks pretty cheap... even if I didn't get them all. But I still feel cheated, somehow...

https://lorndavi.wordpress.com/blog/
https://i570.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps0340a6ff.jpg
lornaschinske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 09:16 PM   #2

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: 3800
Engine: DT408, AT545
Rated Cap: 23 500 gvw
Re: CraigsList... Did I do Good?

Good score, but where does that link fit into the story?

You Gotta Let Me Fly
crazycal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 06:30 PM   #3
Bus Geek

Year: 1986
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: 40 ft All American FE
Engine: 8.2LTA Fuel Pincher DD V8
Rated Cap: 89
Re: CraigsList... Did I do Good?

Sorry, I cut & pasted the wrong link. Fixed it now.
https://lorndavi.wordpress.com/blog/
https://i570.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps0340a6ff.jpg
lornaschinske is offline   Reply With Quote