Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-20-2016, 04:29 PM   #1
Bus Crazy

Year: 1989
Coachwork: 1853FC International/Navistar
Chassis: 35' Retired Air Force Ambulance
Engine: DT466, MT643
Rated Cap: 6 souls and a driver
Craigslist scares me sometimes

Was looking around to see about local land and came across this:

I hurt my leg the other day helping the neighbor lady take down a big tree limb. Actually, I think it was part of the tree trunk, but about 20 feet up. Well after two weeks it's looking like I might have to have a small tree limb splinter cut out. The swelling should have come down by now. It actually does feel like something is in there although you can't tell it by pressing on it. I don't think it's bone, since I walked on it for 30 minutes after it happened with no pain what so ever. I was wearing a helmet, but I just didn't anticipate this limb doing some bouncing from the curvature. It bounced the wrong way. I just wanted you to know that generally I am a safety minded person.

Not sure how much treatment for this is going to cost, but I'd rather rent this master bedroom I have available for a few months, than spend any of my savings. This would be temporary for a woman who needs to escape a domestic situation. I don't have any problem hiding you out here & keeping my mouth shut where you are. I'll even buy you a gun if you end up staying here very long. I have one rifle in the house, but I've always wanted a handgun in the house anyway.

The only catch is my mom & dad could show up with only a day's notice, & I would have to put you in a motel for a week. We'd just find one with weekly rates. The house is in my name too, but my family does come first.

Now there is a possibility that if you turned out to be a responsible, good woman, I might end up buying this house for you. My dad has offered me a $25k discount under the appraised value. So it would be a great way to get a new start in life. I do plan on driving a truck again. I have over 3 yrs experience over the road, so It wouldn't be difficult to get right back on a truck & do it again.

About myself, non smoker, non drinker, non druggy, 6' 175lbs, white, 54, & I despise drama & type A personalities. They seem to want to create trouble just out of boredom. I've also noticed that some people are not only self destructive, they are just destructive in general. as in destroying anyone they come into contact with financially, emotionally, & the really evil people will beat you down until you just feel worthless. I'm exactly the opposite. The way I view life is we are all here to cooperate with one another & support them. Not try to finish them off. Speaking of bad people, I have two brothers that combined have cost me about $50k. I'm not happy about it, but you live & learn. I even had to pay two electric bills this last summer for one of them, but no more. I'm tired of them taking my money, & never repaying me a dime. A large portion of that money was a bad business deal, but about $10k of it was in personal assistance. Oh sure, they always acted like they wanted to & intend to pay me back, but they pretty much blew that off. Heck, I evene had my nice living here for about a yr, & I didn't see a dime to help pay her expenses.

So as you can see, I'll help people, but there is a limit. So you will have to have some money saved up to begin with, & if you need to get on food stamps , then so be it. Now, as far as the long term goes, If you turned out to be someone reliable, I might decide to send to truck driving school which is $3500. I might do that if you want to drive team together for a while.

I can describe the job like this. A lot more difficult than most people realize. It takes a lot of discipline to sit in a seat & drive for 3 or 4 hrs at a time & not lose your cool dealing with the nutty drivers. But at the end of the day you just made $200 as a solo driver. If that doesn't motivate you, nothing will. So you have a choice. $100 a day working as a secretary or $200 a day helping keep the wheels of commerce running in this country. It feels good to be part of the transportation network that keeps this country running, even though a lot of people look down on drivers, & think trucking is beneath them. Fact is, once you drive a truck, you have a new appreciation for their work ethic. Some of these guys stay out for 30 days at a time. Which is what I plan on doing this time around. Last time i drove a truck, I had to come home every two weeks & pay the bills. This time I'm hoping to just be able to do that online.

By the way I do have one cat, but I have put the litter box in the garage. I also change both birdbaths everyday, only one in the winter, & put out bird seed everyday. I would expect that to continue while I'm gone. That's just my nature. When someone is depending on you, you do what you can to help them.

Sometimes less is more and more is too much!

Old 11-20-2016, 04:45 PM   #2
Bus Crazy

Year: 2001
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: IH
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 14
WWTMI

I just have to wonder if the poster had a little too much alcohol, weed, or pain meds.
Brad_SwiftFur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 04:52 PM   #3
Bus Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad_SwiftFur View Post
WWTMI

I just have to wonder if the poster had a little too much alcohol, weed, or pain meds.
I feel for anyone reading that info and says "hey! This sounds like a wonderful opportunity"

I read it and think "run! It's the craigslist killer's brother!" or somebody that wants to wear your skin.

Good thing he's not into drama... I wonder if he ever takes the helmet off?
Old 11-20-2016, 05:01 PM   #4
Bus Crazy

Old 11-20-2016, 05:48 PM   #5
Bus Nut

Chassis: International
Engine: 9.L
Rated Cap: 64
WTH is this for? Roommate or dating site?
mikeypj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 06:05 PM   #6
Bus Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeypj View Post
WTH is this for? Roommate or dating site?
Can't make this stuff up

Room for Lady escaping domestic situation
Old 11-20-2016, 06:27 PM   #7
Bus Nut

Chassis: International
Engine: 9.L
Rated Cap: 64
The guy who posted this has issues, but the woman who actually does it is going to be found in an unmarked grave..
mikeypj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 01:21 AM   #8
Bus Nut

Year: 1994
Coachwork: Genesis/Am-Tran Tall Roof
Chassis: International, 643 transmission
Engine: DT 466ci 250hp, International
Rated Cap: 86 screaming Monsters
I'll buy you a gun? LOL he has 3years over the road experience at 54. If your good women?
And people say there not free to do what they want! Its a best of for CL
Geo Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 06:35 AM   #9
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by milkmania View Post
I feel for anyone reading that info and says "hey! This sounds like a wonderful opportunity"

I read it and think "run! It's the craigslist killer's brother!" or somebody that wants to wear your skin.

Good thing he's not into drama... I wonder if he ever takes the helmet off?
CL is always fun reading, eh?
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 06:50 AM   #10
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1990
Coachwork: Shuttle Bus
Chassis: Ford E350
Engine: Ford 460/7.5l
Rated Cap: 15
He's willing to go on the road and trust his new friend with the house...someone could have a hay-day with his place/stuff and be long gone.