Old 11-25-2012, 04:45 PM   #1
Bus Nut

Re: defensive measures and bus security

9mm, 40 caliber, or 45 caliber seem to work well for my 8 acres and unwanted people at the door?

Pics of my conversion @ photobucket http://s18.photobucket.com/albums/b1.../School%20Bus/
bapos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:41 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Just remember whenever you shoot..... you are responsible for the bullet ...where ever it goes.......
Maybe a shotgun would be better, no aim, just point and shoot with a much larger scatter pattern just in case you miss........
and shotguns and rifles are legal in most states..........
Old 11-26-2012, 12:43 PM   #3
Bus Crazy

Year: 1976
Coachwork: Crown
Chassis: Supercoach
Engine: Detroit 6-71 Mid-Ship Mounted
Rated Cap: 79 at Birth

Quote:
Originally Posted by bender477
Just wondering what you guys do for security. Anyone use a lojack or anything like that? What about motion detectors or alarms? With times getting bad I worry someone will try to target my precious bus and ruin what I have worked so hard for.
My mother, because the bus is currently parked at her house...Even at 82, I pitty anyone that tries to mess with her or the bus
Old 11-26-2012, 06:22 PM   #4
Bus Crazy

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: 3800 International
Engine: T444E
Rated Cap: 72

for a defensive measure while inside the bus, I have 2 cans of wasp spray. once you hit them with that, I have a baseball bat as a follow up, this steps are only needed if someone gets by my 70 pound shepperd and my 98 pound rottweiler. My bus has a handle with the lock in it once you lock it it just spins and the front doors dont open(most blue birds have them) I always lock ourselfs in at nite, It will take someone a lot of work to break in those doors, smashing glass out and pring open to get themselfs in, this is where the bat is handy we park in our yard so theres no problem with security, just locking the from and back doors seem to be ok, it would be a lot of work to open the back door too, and the windows are high enough you would a boost up to get in.

gbstewart
Old 11-26-2012, 07:33 PM   #5
Bus Nut

<------------------- is a CHL holder so Im good with the 9mm. No issues there. If it comes out... some one will make a transition.

Pics of my conversion @ photobucket http://s18.photobucket.com/albums/b1.../School%20Bus/
bapos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:43 PM   #6
Bus Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bender477
. . . . . Anyone use a lojack or anything like that? . . . . What would you do?
Neat idea I found on a van dweller's pages - he had a cheap pre-paid cell phone hidden in his "home," in addition to the cell phone he actually used. The hidden phone was charging off the van battery 100% of the time.

The idea was if his home "wandered away," he could give the responding cops the number of the stashed phone to ping and locate . . .
Someone said "Making good decisions comes from experience, experience comes from bad decisions." I say there are three kinds of people: those who learn from their mistakes, those who learn from the mistakes of others, and those who never learn.
Redbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:39 PM   #7
Bus Nut

OR...Just a 110 volt AC hot wire to the bus skin/frame....... When they touch it they will complete the circuit because they are on the ground side......
don't ask me how I know...ouch!
Old 11-27-2012, 07:00 PM   #8
Bus Nut

I still like the 110 volt AC hot wire system..... Even if he broke the front window he would still need to climb up onto the bus creating a live show of sparks.....
Old 11-29-2012, 12:32 PM   #9
Bus Crazy

Year: 1935
Coachwork: Superior
Chassis: Chevy
Engine: 317 ci/tid / Isuzu

At one point I had to leave my car parked in a public lot for a week at a time. Fuguring that a car thief would notice that, I added a home made security device. I placed two car alarm horns inside the passenger compartment and rigged several tiny spray jets to a windshield washer pump and aimed them at the drivers position---I filled the washer bottle with household ammonia. I wired the whole thing to the ignition through a hidden shut off switch. My Skoolie will have some sort of theft determent (yup that's how it is spelled--I had to look it up)! Jack

PS No one tried to steal the car---shucks
ol trunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:30 PM   #10
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ol trunt
At one point I had to leave my car parked in a public lot for a week at a time. Fuguring that a car thief would notice that, I added a home made security device. I placed two car alarm horns inside the passenger compartment and rigged several tiny spray jets to a windshield washer pump and aimed them at the drivers position---I filled the washer bottle with household ammonia. I wired the whole thing to the ignition through a hidden shut off switch. My Skoolie will have some sort of theft determent (yup that's how it is spelled--I had to look it up)! Jack

PS No one tried to steal the car---shucks
That is great! Kind of off subject but reminds me of when I was a teenager and I had a Pontiac Grand Prix with a V-6. Couldn't burn the tires with it so I filled up my washer fluid bottle and ran a hose to the back wheel (yeah, wheel, one wheel wonder). Push a button, had all the power in the world, lol...
travelinwithus is offline   Reply With Quote