Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-16-2009, 11:08 PM   #41
Bus Nut

Re: Do you have concerns?

I use to sell those phones, and know that they cant be listened through when the phone is off. If your paranoid, just yank the battery and count to thirty. The phone is now Totally out of power. But they can be tracked while it is off, just harder to do. Your conversation over a cellphone goes to the nearest cell-tower, from tower to tower until it gets to the cell companies cell-to-phoneline site were it gets routed through the standard phone lines to the desired phone location, or back out to the local cell-tower for whoever you are calling.

The gov does record any conversation that is sent through the phone lines and uses one of the Key Words. Bomb, Terror, President, just to name a few that I have heard about.

Sojakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 12:49 AM   #42
Bus Nut

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE. Someone buy Smitty a BUS
So He can spend all his energy in being creative in the bus.
Not that I disagree with you Smitty but this is a Skoolie conversion site and should stay that way.
swinada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 08:44 AM   #43
Bus Nut

Abbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 08:49 AM   #44
Bus Nut

Year: 1991
Coachwork: ward
Chassis: IH
Engine: dt466
Rated Cap: 72

ABBOTT - QUIT your kill'in me

AND - BTW I do not wear a tin foil hat, but I have lined the inside roof of my skoolie with reynolds H.D. foil. And I feel safer for it. It also seems to keep warmer in the winter, so it's a double plus. I do not worry about who listens in on my cell conversations. Its the telepathic powers of some of the government officials that worry me. They are E.T.'s ya know (extra testicle)

Smitty, Ya don't have a bus yet? We need to get you set up w/one! Looking thru all the other posts, you have some good ideas. We need to see them applied.
Old 06-17-2009, 01:32 PM   #45
Bus Nut

Old 06-17-2009, 01:41 PM   #46
Bus Nut

Quote:
Swinda, no thanks as I don't "take" anything I don't earn, never have, never will. I know you said it in humor however. You claim this all stems from my "creative" energy....then please provide something to show me my errors, outside of your personal opinion. Show me some substanciated proof from any semi-reliable source. You guys can make your claims while failing to substanciating them in any way shape or form. And how is this not still a skoolie forum? Have I put a towel on my head, moved to a cave and somehow hijacked the site? See how ready you are with your own propaganda? "Oh No"....terrorists have invaded Skoolies.net...again, refer to the title of this board EVERYTHING ELSE, it doesn't say :"as long as it's bus related", and is for the reason of discussing NON-bus related topics. I bet if I looked, there's a few from you in here, should I go find them and tell you "this isn't the place" for them? This is exactly what I posted earlier about people not wanting to talk about this sort of stuff. I'll say it again, avoiding it, sticking your head in the sand, hoping it'll just go away......it's not going to help, and will only allow things to continue as is. Some people just won't get it until their doors are kicked-in, and they are constantly asked for their "papers" to go anywhere.....it's coming, wait and see, and remember you chose to ignore all the warnings. No skin off my rear, I don't have kids who will live in the world that's coming, I'm past 50, crippled-up, and may have a few years left, maybe not....but I dang sure ain't gonna set on my thumbs while my country is shanghi'd.......and I'd can't help but think of all those servicemen and women who gave their lives for our freedom, and what they would think to see others give it up so willingly.....
as you direct this to me... I say it again......I do NOT disagree with you in contrary i'm probably one of the few that thinks along the same line as you do. I havent believed the governments story of 911 from the beginning.
To go to the most recent events i do not believe that the HIN1 virus just popped up by itself without any help from a lab somewhere. Billions is to be made with finding a "cure", someone has dirty fingers somewhere. And one more reason for governments to keep a closer look at the commom citizen. Whats next, medical screening if you wanna cross a border? No travel unless you have a current up to date immunization- health record?
So in short i fully support you with what you say, however i still dont think this forum is the venue to discuss it. People come here to find info on Skoolies not a conspiricy theorie movement.
Hence i will refrain from further commenting on this thread. If you want to discuss by PM feel free to do so.
swinada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 02:52 PM   #47
Bus Nut

Year: 1991
Coachwork: ward
Chassis: IH
Engine: dt466
Rated Cap: 72

I will stand by Smitty dude on this one. It does say “everything else” forum. Though the tread may have taken a turn from the original question.
That being said I am a Deputy Sheriff (as well as having another job) I see, hear and am trained on things that the public never hears about. The government passes down edicts to local law enforcement that would (and should) make the average Joe soil themselves. Some of the contingency plans that are already in place are scary. The situations where Martial Law may be enacted are gray areas and turn the “Republic” into monarchial state that has the right to by-pass our governmental process. Don’t get too comfortable.
Just some food for thought……………………………………………..

**According to a page on FEMA’s own website, they will be holding a “National Level Exercise” from July 27th through July 31st, 2009.
What is significant about this “exercise” is that it will be the first that is regional in scope, encompassing all of FEMA Region VI (Arkansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas), and, even more significant is that it will also be the first time in our history that troops from foreign countries will be involved in policing American citizens on U.S. soil. Those countries participating will be Australia, Canada, Mexico and the UK. This will be the first time since 1814 (the end of the War of 1812) that armed British troops have been on American soil.

**In a political move that received little if any attention by the American news media, the United States and Canada entered into a military agreement on February 14, 2008, allowing the armed forces from one nation to support the armed forces of the other nation during a domestic civil emergency, even one that does not involve a cross-border crisis, according to a police commander involved in homeland security planning and implementation.

Defined as a Civil Assistance Plan, it was not submitted to Congress for debate and approval, nor did Congress pass any law or treaty specifically authorizing this military agreement to combine the operations of the armed forces of the United States and Canada in the event of domestic civil disturbances ranging from violent storms, to health epidemics, to civil riots or terrorist attacks.
This is a military plan that's designed to bypass the Posse Comitatus Act that traditionally prohibited the US military from operating within the borders of the United States. Not only will American soldiers be deployed at the discretion of whoever is sitting in the Oval Office, but foreign soldiers will also be deployed in American cities.

**The US Defense Department has a yearly, multi-national training exercise at Ft. Polk, Louisiana called “Cooperative Nugget”. Foreign troops trained in checkpoint establishment, civilian detention, federal officer protection and civil disturbance suppression against US citizens. The Posse Comitatus Act of 1878 forbids US forces from participating in Civil Law Enforcement. Now that US forces have been allowed to violate this in Drug & Terror civil matters, apparently now, we are training foreign “troops” to assist here in the US as well. Why would they need foreign troops? ... Because many US troops, when the balloons finally go up, will not follow such orders.

http://www.fema.gov/media/fact_sheets/nle09.shtm
http://www.northcom.mil/News/2008/021408.html

Yad, Yada, Yada
Old 06-19-2009, 10:44 PM   #48
Bus Nut

What scares me the most was some of the messages that were leaked to the interweb when President Obama's blackberry was hacked.

Here is one from Arnold:

Old 06-20-2009, 08:35 AM   #49
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty
Abbott- Google the name "Tim Osmond".........tell me what you find. Then find the article that shows where US forces had Bin Ladin "surrounded" at Tora Bora.....well, on 3 sides....who'd have ever thought he'd have snuck-out the 4th side....them terrorists are pretty sharp cookies alright

EDIT:

Smitty
Smitty, I was in the military. I am aware of Tora Bora and what politics and using indigenous troops brings to the battlefield. I just don't give a **** and work with what I've got.
Old 06-20-2009, 06:08 PM   #50
Bus Nut

Quote:

Then why are you posting if you don't care? Enjoy "what you got"....while you got it. Again, others will take-up the slack........

Smitty
You mean the nutjob conspiracy theorists who get carried away by a radio talk show host and crap they read on the Internet. Yeah, they can run around spouting nonsense all they want, I enjoy the entertainment that's why I post, its fun and funny. Hell Smitty, I used to listen to Coast to Coast when I worked the grave yard shift. Art Bell was entertaining as hell and good at what he did.
Old 06-21-2009, 12:56 AM   #51
Bus Nut

Quote:
Well....that's the great thing about this country.....some have the right to do absolutely nothing at all......

Smitty
One can bet that anytime a sensational news story breaks somewhere in the world within a couple of days conspiracy theories will begin spinning around the Internet. But accusing people who disagree with some people's over active imaginations as being "do nothings" is a funny new twist. I served my country and I vote...what do you do exactly? Oh yeah, panic watch.
Old 06-21-2009, 09:29 AM   #52
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanguy67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbott
I served my country and I vote...what do you do exactly?
Well said Abbott. Thank you for serving our country..... both under arms AND in the voting booth so many have given so much to protect.
Thank you sir.
Old 06-21-2009, 07:26 PM   #53
Bus Nut

Quote:

I think it somehow voids your ability to proudly state to be a veteran

Smitty
I am proud to be a veteran Smitty and I am proud that I served my country regardless of what you think of my service.
Old 06-21-2009, 08:17 PM   #54
Bus Nut

While I understand the gist of a few of the grievances in this thread and tend to agree with a little bit of it I find much of the information posted here to be utter nonsense. I am also proud of my country and I will keep on voting regardless of what a few guys on the Internet think of my service and my right to vote. But please feel free to carry on.
Old 06-21-2009, 08:33 PM   #55
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEESE_WAGON
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbott
While I understand the gist of a few of the grievances in this thread and tend to agree with a little bit of it I find much of the information posted here to be utter nonsense. I am also proud of my country and I will keep on voting regardless of what a few guys on the Internet think of my service and my right to vote. But please feel free to carry on.
And there's nothing wrong with that. Just know that in the end, your vote means nothing in this country anymore.
It means something to me.
Old 06-21-2009, 09:52 PM   #56
Bus Nut

If a constitutional amendment doing away with the Electoral College ever makes it through the Congress that's fine with me. If one does not, I will still cast my vote. I don't really care one way or the other, both systems work for me. I will not refuse to vote while clamming I am selflessly doing something to benefit others. I will not offer condemnation to those who have actually served our nation and those who participate in our elections while clamming I am the one who really knows whats going on. I won't run around the Internet on Panic Watch spouting nonsense because of a radio talk show host. If some people feel dissent that my vote doesn't matter that's fine to. I will continue to cast my vote because my vote means something to me.
Old 06-21-2009, 11:21 PM   #57
Bus Nut

Quote:

Abbott- I noticed you failed to answer any of my questions,

Until then...I guess you'll just have to wonder about "what I think".

Smitty
I already told you that answering your nonsensical questions is a waste of time. I don't wonder what you think, I am just here for the
Old 06-22-2009, 01:19 PM   #58
Bus Nut

I was just watching Obama give a short speech on cigarette smoking when suddenly the sound was replaced by static and the screen scrambled for a minute. I thought of you Smitty and the ultra secret scrambling devices kicking in.
Old 06-22-2009, 01:24 PM   #59
Bus Nut

Quote:
you want to try to convience everyone you're refusing to provide and intelligent rebuttal, information, or replies. Truth is, you can't, not that you won't
Old 06-22-2009, 04:02 PM   #60
Bus Nut

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Ford B700
Engine: 5.9L Cummins
Rated Cap: 65

This posting is like a train wreck, cant look away but I figured it all out as well as the other post where your obvious intention is NOT to have a normal discussion or debate: "Another 2nd Amendment attack...." viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4412

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response[1] or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.[2] Experienced participants in online forums know that the most effective way to discourage a troll is usually to ignore him or her, because responding tends to encourage trolls to continue disruptive posts — hence the often-seen warning: "Please do not feed the trolls".
kamoo is offline   Reply With Quote