Bus Crazy

Year: 1993
Coachwork: Ward Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/MT643
Rated Cap: 77
Re: Do you have concerns?

After readiong this thread, I have come to two conclusions:

1) I REALLY want that 15 minutes of my life back.
2) Cheesewagon and Smitty are nuttier than a sack of cashews and have their tinfoil hats WAY too tight.
Jarlaxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 10:28 PM   #62
Bus Nut

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Ford B700
Engine: 5.9L Cummins
Rated Cap: 65

I dont agree with alot of what has been said but I would say that in my mind, the most imminent danger to everyone in the USA that everyone has their heads in the sand on is China. A conspiracy theory (that I agree with 100%) that is very interesting reading at the least, on Chinas current war with the USA:
http://www.unsolvedmysteries.com/usm504 ... Conspiracy
kamoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 12:30 PM   #63
Bus Nut

Year: 1992
Chassis: Ford B700
Engine: 5.9L Cummins
Rated Cap: 65

Vanguy - I didnt mean everyone in a literal sense, there are many that see them as a potential issue and I believe that number will grow especially as discretionary income drops and job losses continue. Americans will start to see that there actually is a relationship between goods sold, where they are made, where the money goes and jobs.

Smitty - Glad I could make you happy. There is something you can do, albeit little, about China. Avoid buying their goods as much as you can. One person wont make a difference but, a large movement would. I always look at labels when deciding on buying anything, not to say that I never buy foreign, but awareness is at least a step forward. I also will avoid Walmart like the plague, maybe go in there once every 2 years.
kamoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 01:02 PM   #64
Bus Nut

Year: 1991
Coachwork: ward
Chassis: IH
Engine: dt466
Rated Cap: 72

Wow! Had not logged on in a few days and found I had 4 pages of reading to catch up on here. Let's start out with:

CheeseWagon..............HooRah. I agree

Kamoo............Troll? I thought all I had to do was live under a bridge?

Abbott....... I thank you for your service to our country. Don't quit voting. If it only means something to you, that's good enough reason to continue. As for the state of our nation. I know there has to be something going on you don't like. If you prefer to keep that to yourself, so be it. If there is nothing you feel is wrong, wait until you need some long term care from the V.A. (hope you don't) It is a shame how our vets are treated. (By the public and our government) Especially the older ones with life long needs. They are being kicked to the curb to make more bed space for the new ones coming in.

VanGuy67......I think you Mis-quoted... Not Lincon but Twain....no worrys
"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain

And Smitty.............. Hang in there you foil hat wearing, conspericy believing, under the bridge living, cashew eating, NUT JOB. Like Frank Zappa once said. This is to you pretty people.....There are a lot more of us ugly F***ers out there.

And in mention of qoutes, I Love quotes. Here's a few ya might not have heard before.

"life is hard; even harder if your stupid" John Wayne

"Tomarrow hopes we have learned somrthing from yesterday" John Wayne

"Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent." - Eleanor Roosevelt

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

"Popularity is not leadership." - Richard Marcinko

"Feelings of worth can flourish only in an atmosphere where individual differences are appreciated, mistakes are tolerated, communication is open, and rules are flexible - the kind of atmosphere that is found in a nurturing family." - Virginia Satir

"Criticism is something we can avoid easily by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing." - Aristotle

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing, but newspapers" Thomas Jefferson

"I hold it that a little rebellion, now and then, is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical. It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." Thomas Jefferson

"I sincerely believe that banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies, and that the principle of spending money to be paid by posterity, under the name of funding, is but swindling futurity on a large scale. " Thomas Jefferson

I'll quit for now but think about some of the quotes..............
Old 06-24-2009, 08:05 PM   #65
Bus Nut

Year: 1982
Chassis: IH S1723
Engine: IH V345 Gas V8
Rated Cap: 66

I got a kick out of this one I read recently:

There is an annual contest at Texas A&M University calling for the most appropriate definition of a contemporary term. This year's term was: "Political Correctness." The winner wrote:

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

(Quoted from WorldNetDaily.com (an excellent whistle-blowing site with supporting documentation) 'Laughlines Forum': http://forums.wnd.com/index.php?pageId=350&pageNo=3 ...may be page 4 or 5 by the time you read this, they stack up pretty quick, heh!)
Old 06-25-2009, 12:16 PM   #66
Bus Nut

Hey Fellas, some great quotes there. Smitty, I did recognize the author on the quotes. Your'e scaring me dude.
I read somewhere, that the National gun control act of 1968 was hauntingly familiar to the German weapons act of Nazi Germany in 1938. But then, that could be a whole new thread........... Bet that would generate some wide opinions.

Back to the original posting question.
They can have my BUS, when they pry my cold dead fingers from the wheel!
Old 06-25-2009, 07:51 PM   #67
Bus Crazy

Year: 1993
Coachwork: Ward Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/MT643
Rated Cap: 77

Quote:
I read somewhere, that the National gun control act of 1968 was hauntingly familiar to the German weapons act of Nazi Germany in 1938
Almost word for word in many places...JPFO had a side by side comparison a while back, but I think it's been out of print for a while.

Recommended reading: Unintended Consequences by John Ross.
Jarlaxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 09:36 AM   #68
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarlaxle
Quote:
I read somewhere, that the National gun control act of 1968 was hauntingly familiar to the German weapons act of Nazi Germany in 1938
Almost word for word in many places...JPFO had a side by side comparison a while back, but I think it's been out of print for a while.

Recommended reading: Unintended Consequences by John Ross.
I have in fact read that book (Lotsa pages) Fact/fiction. The fact parts are really eye opening. A good read, and went quick for a big book. Sometimes I have a hard time concentrating on...............Oh! look at the bird.
Old 06-26-2009, 07:10 PM   #69
Skoolie

Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: GMC
Engine: 6.2 liter diesel
Rated Cap: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEESE_WAGON
Come on Smitty-- don't you think this is going a little far? The man is dead, have some respect.....
You're right. In honor of Michael Jackson I hereby declare that little boys pants should be flown at half mast!!

-Ray
Old 06-26-2009, 10:51 PM   #70
Skoolie

Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: GMC
Engine: 6.2 liter diesel
Rated Cap: 24

Cap & Tax..... 5 banks closed by the FDIC today... 4 banks closed last week... (I bet you haven't seen that in the news anywhere), and Russia is poised to invade Georgia next week.

Get in your buses and head for the hills.

-Ray