Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-16-2018, 03:09 PM   #1
Bus Crazy

Year: 2000
Coachwork: Bluebird
Engine: 5.9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 2 elderly children, 1 cat
Dog food warning

Euthanasia drug found in dog food, already blamed for one doggie death | Fox News

Old 02-16-2018, 03:27 PM   #2
Almost There

Thanks for sharing... however, doing a search of the Fox News article which was put out today is just referencing a situation that occurred in 2016...
Yuuyia_Takahashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 03:53 PM   #3
Almost There

You can also check the AVMA.org for the most current and active animal food recalls
Old 02-20-2018, 12:23 PM   #4
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuuyia_Takahashi View Post
Thanks for sharing... however, doing a search of the Fox News article which was put out today is just referencing a situation that occurred in 2016...
Yes, it references a situation that happened " on New Year’s Eve 2016. "

However if you keep reading...

"After testing 62 samples of wet dog food from over 24 brands for pentobarbital multiple times over several months, just one brand repeatedly tested positive for pentobarbital with sixty percent of samples coming back positive: Gravy Train."

So even after it first happened and they were made aware, they CONTINUED using a bad source of meat. People are being ridiculous in saying that it is "dogs and cats" in the food, but pentobarbital is used to kill all sorts of animals. Horses, cows, etc. But how a company could NOT know how its getting in to the food, proves how little they care about quality.
sparq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 02:06 PM   #5
Almost There

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparq View Post
Yes, it references a situation that happened " on New Year’s Eve 2016. "

However if you keep reading...

"After testing 62 samples of wet dog food from over 24 brands for pentobarbital multiple times over several months, just one brand repeatedly tested positive for pentobarbital with sixty percent of samples coming back positive: Gravy Train."

So even after it first happened and they were made aware, they CONTINUED using a bad source of meat. People are being ridiculous in saying that it is "dogs and cats" in the food, but pentobarbital is used to kill all sorts of animals. Horses, cows, etc. But how a company could NOT know how its getting in to the food, proves how little they care about quality.

I know what it is, as I have family in the veterinary field. I also did read the article, however I found it to be in poor execution to reference the 2016 occurances without providing the dates on more recent testing other then “over several months” to the continued findings. Which is why I posted that you can actually find the most current information by doing a search on the AVMA website. The FDA also has an up to date listing for those concerned about what they are feeding their beloved fur kids.
Old 02-20-2018, 05:17 PM   #6
Bus Nut

Year: 1996
Chassis: thomas
Engine: 8.3 cummins
Rated Cap: 11 window
all them brands are cheap garbage, feed your dog a good food. tractor supply has 4 health and naturals, both are grain free 5 star foods that are not that expensive.
superdave is offline   Reply With Quote