Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-14-2018, 09:03 PM   #21
Bus Nut

Year: 1989
Chassis: International
Engine: 9.L
Rated Cap: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeypj View Post
Im seriously considering getting rid of the heating unit/defroster right next to the door..valuable storage space
Im also leaving the bus door just making it one piece and not 2..

mikeypj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 09:18 PM   #22
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
I never understand those who plan to drive their busses but delete the heating / defrosting units... drive that bus in a cold rain and then tell me you are deleting that heating / defrost unit... I suppose i could get away with deleting the right side unit in my carpenter since i refrigerate the main defrost so it clears quite nicely.. but unless you plan to always be in sun and never rain that unit may come in handy..
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 11:11 AM   #23
Bus Nut

Year: 1989
Chassis: International
Engine: 9.L
Rated Cap: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
I never understand those who plan to drive their busses but delete the heating / defrosting units... drive that bus in a cold rain and then tell me you are deleting that heating / defrost unit... I suppose i could get away with deleting the right side unit in my carpenter since i refrigerate the main defrost so it clears quite nicely.. but unless you plan to always be in sun and never rain that unit may come in handy..
Its just the right side/door heater. Im keeping the left/drivers side heater defrost. My plan is to follow the 70's so to speak..ive spent enough of my life dealing with cold and snow. Since im getting older and arthritic that weather kills me..i dont mean to come across as whiney, just explaining. If i were to travel and stay in the frozen tundra that heater would stay.
mikeypj is offline   Reply With Quote