Old 12-05-2008, 08:21 PM   #11
Almost There
Year: 92
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC2000
Engine: 5.9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 72
Re: Electrical Problem - Can't start

well the bad ground from the battery to the vehicle chassis is bad and is the reason it wouldn't turn over fix that first even if you have to disconnect the wiring at the starter, as far as the starter not turning off, i have seen remanufactured starters do that on several occasions due to bad rebuilds (you said you replaced the starter so....) of course getting the wiring attached to the wrong posts on the starter can also cause that symptom, and finally high amperage due to poor voltage can damage starters in such a way as to cause that failure
bbbrt76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 12:02 PM   #12
Year: 1989
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: Ford B700
Engine: Ford 370
Rated Cap: 65
Re: Electrical Problem - Can't start

Thanks everyone that made suggestions. I figured it out yesterday in the cold and snow. I knew that I had a ground problem and fixed that, but what was confusing was that I couldnt get the starter to stop engaging when I hooked up the battery. So , I replaced the ignition switch and that didnt help. I got thinking that it is acting like the silanoid was some how being by passed. So I took off the Brand new silanoid and put the old one back on and all worked great. I believe that the original problem was the short in the back up camera wire and then the defected silanoid. Thanks again for all the help. Jeb
talk2cfs is offline   Reply With Quote