Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-05-2021, 12:40 AM   #21
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonbrown177 View Post
Hello everyone!

New to the Skoolie community but I have been reading a bunch on the forums already trying to understand everything needed into a flip and I've learned so much already!

A question I had in mine to help me get further with the planning process is that I am curious to find out where I should store my bus while I'll be working on it. I live in an apartment complex currently and I don't really have any land or storage space that I could work on it as of now.

More or less wanted to see what you guys have done. I know almost all the RV storage places in Orange County don't alllow you to do any major construction on vehicles and what not. Maybe find someone renting out a lot on Craigslist? Move out to the boonies? Just need some direction as where I should look. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks y'all!
I'm also in OC and we are currently researching options to start our bus life. Did you ever find a place to do your build?

dom_deebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 11:01 AM   #22
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2002
Coachwork: International
Chassis: 3800
Engine: 7.3L T444 Navistar Diesel Automatic
Hey there, just noticed this thread.

Welcome to the skoolie life!

I'm from the OC myself and I decided to move to Yucca Valley, where things are much easier...and cheaper.

I had all kinds of problems with storage and construction on my conversion while in the city.

I initially was allowed to keep my bus on the rental property out here where I live and I was able to get a good amount of work done on it.

Then the town council started giving me grief about it so I have had to move it to my girlfriend's mother's place out in an area called Landers.

There are many options in this area for people working on a conversion.

Being next door to Joshua Tree, there is a much more progressive attitude about conversions out here.

I would highly recommend that you consider moving away from larger cities and give the boondocks a try.
mikej42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 06:07 PM   #23
Mini-Skoolie

Hey, I'm in California, too!

I'd be super interested in pitching in for a decent lot somewhere to work on the rig.
Cheezewhiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 06:54 PM   #24
Bus Crazy

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: All American RE 40 FEET
Engine: Cummins 8.3
If you want to come to SE NM I have room and zoning for doing skoolie conversions.
s2mikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 12:09 PM   #25

I don't understand why you are looking for work on the forums since it is challenging to stumble upon a reasonable offer, and employers rarely look at users. After the pandemic, I also lost my job and did not know what to do and where to get the money. Thank goodness I came across this site with a vast number of excellent jobs. I could find a job and be able to get out of my terrible situation. You can master a new profession in a few months and find a job at the labor exchange, I especially advise you to put your eye on remote qa tester jobs since I work in this area, and I assure you that you will earn a lot. So good luck with your work and I wish you to improve your financial situation quickly.
AlexEmbargo is offline   Reply With Quote