Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-01-2018, 05:11 PM   #1
Bus Nut

Year: 1981
Coachwork: Coachwork?
Chassis: International
Engine: CAT 3208 Marine Diesel
Post Fleetwood Announces Airlyt RV.

April 1st, 2018.
Today is the start of a new era in RVs. After years of research and development, Fleetwood has unveiled a new weight class that makes their Featherlite RV look like a freight train. Introducing the Fleetwood Airlyt, the worlds first Class C RV that weighs less than a moving van.

Players in the RV industry are shuddering at the news, as this is a disruption to the status quo of RV construction. "Fleetwood announcing Airlyt is to the RV industry of 2018 as Apple announcing the iPhone is to the cellular industry of 2005" one RV industry analyst said. "The last sea change in the RV industry was when the outside of RVs were changed to flat fiberglass from corrugated aluminum". He also said.

"It starts with a light-duty pickup truck drivetrain, with turbochargers and tall transmission gearing. We make as much as possible under the hood to do double duty, while keeping things serviceable. We are able to eliminate the rooftop A/C, onboard generator, water heater, furnace, and other systems by integrating what's already under the hood. Then we eliminated the heaviest materials while keeping strength in mind. We tested hundreds of material combinations until we found the strongest and lightest out there.
We aren't trying to save %50 on weight, we built differently. " says Fleetwood's Head of R&D.

What RV appliances are there, are from the Dometic Li-Weight line of RV appliances. Dometic Li-Weight appliances are 3-16% lighter than equivalent RV appliances. Dometic Li-Weight: worth it's weight in Fuel savings after 20,000 miles. Dometic Li-Weight saves weight!

Full timing RVers will be pleased to find that the walls are basically made of insulation, and they will be more pleased with how pleasant the interior is even with little climate control. This means less generator hours and thus less fuel consumption while Dry camping. Also to be savored is the latest RV technology & the ultra-efficient floor plan.

Most importantly, Future Airlyt owners will have bragging rights: "I own the lightest weight Class C RV on the planet!"

In the cab, Fleetwood teamed up with Mapquest to make a "Maximizer" GPS, which calculates the cheapest route based on advertised gas prices, road gradients, number of STOP signs, traffic patterns, headwinds & the weather along route, and even has an alarm clock so you can wake up to drive during the cheapest part of the day! and of course intelligent distance advice, as it's cheaper to drive less! Many, many more features that have been tested to squeeze every possible penny of savings for your travel days.

It gets even better. On all 4 tires, Fleetwood Airlyt is equipped with vehicle weight pressure sensors, vehicle weight from all 4 tires feed to a scoreboard display behind the driver seat that shows your A live reading of the total weight per tire, total axle weight & total gross vehicle weight. Below that is a laminated weight chart displaying the weight of common items, a handy reminder how much that extra gallon of water you are lugging onboard weighs!

Professional Savers are frothing at the mouth over the superb efficiency & high MPG of the Fleetwood Airlyt. Calls flooded into Fleetwood customer service department last Saturday to the point where executives suspended all other customer service inquiries for the day to capture as many pre-orders and deposits as possible. Low-income professional savers are begging for special financing as they see their current RVs to be inferior, inefficient & obsolete.

Some full-time professional saver RVers have even postponed & cancelled their travel days after seeing this news, as they don't want to drive one mile more than absolutely necessary with their heavy, gas guzzling, inefficient RV. Even those with Dometic Li-Weight appliances are still as phased towards taking delivery of their Fleetwood AirLyt Ultralight RV.

Fleetwood Airlyt: Spend nickels to save dimes in the lightest Class C RV on the planet.

Fleetwood Airlyt, Coming to an Fleetwood RV dealer near you on APRIL EASTER FOOLS!

This has been an April fools joke by debit.servus

Inner Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 06:00 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Twigged as soon as I got to the penny pinching GPS with built in alarm clock, and the low-income full-time professional saver RVers.

Well played
john61ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 06:29 PM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

You could be working for Saturday Night Live or maybe you are.
So damn appropriate- and why at the very last minute I decided to buy a bus.
Well done!
marco polo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 12:55 AM   #4
Bus Nut

Year: 1981
Coachwork: Coachwork?
Chassis: International
Engine: CAT 3208 Marine Diesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by john61ct View Post
Twigged as soon as I got to the penny pinching GPS with built in alarm clock, and the low-income full-time professional saver RVers.

Well played
Happy that you twigged at this.
Inner Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 09:44 AM   #5
Bus Nut

Year: 1976
Coachwork: Wayne
Chassis: Dodge S-600
Engine: 360 V8
Rated Cap: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by marco polo View Post
You could be working for Saturday Night Live or maybe you are.
So damn appropriate- and why at the very last minute I decided to buy a bus.
Well done!
I second the SNL comment.

Geez, I walked into that one tapping my chin and saying, "Hit me HERE!"
Wouldn't be the first bad idea hyped by a big company, tho'. Besides, the "Airlyt" as described isn't built much different than my Winnie, the walls of which are mostly Styrofoam, and I think the rub rails of my Wayne Lifeguard are thicker metal than the angle steel holding the Winnie's walls together.

Wintry weather getting seriously old. I wanna get to work on my rig!

Tags
april fools