Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-17-2014, 05:45 PM   #1
Bus Geek

Year: 1986
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: 40 ft All American FE
Engine: 8.2LTA Fuel Pincher DD V8
Rated Cap: 89
Free & Reduced Price Redbox Rentals

I'm cheap. Or frugal if you want to be nice about it. We never go to the theatre. We rent movies from the Redbox that is across the street from our park. I have learned it's easier to go to the Redbox website and reserve a movie online and then walk across the street to pick it up a few minutes later. I used to not do this but just shop online to see what was at the Redbox and then would walk over to rent the movie. But I was finding the movie I want to rent was rented in the few minutes it took me to walk across the street.

I have rented Redbox movies in one state and returned it in another state while traveling. I just love being able to do that. I can sit in our RV and peruse the Redbox nearby and rent the movie online, then walk over at my leisure to get the movie. I can't tell you how often I have stood behind someone who was looking for the same movie I had reserved a few minutes earlier. I also like that I can reserve the movie(s) and do a fast pickup for the times when I don't feel confortable standing outside wherever at the little Redbox kiosk searching for something I haven't seen yet.

Today I got a free movie rental (via retailmenot.com promo code). I got to thinking that I am getting roughly 80% of the Redbox movies at a reduced price. Often it's 50˘ or 75˘ off either a single rental or rent one and get the amount off the second rental. Sometimes it's rent one and get one night rental free. So we have a double feature on those nights. Often I get a complete freebie. I think I'm getting about 1/3 of my rentals free on average. I get emails containing promo codes from both Redbox and Retailmenot. I get a surprising amount of the freebies from Redbox. The more I rent (including using the 50˘ & 75˘ off) to more freebies & reduced prices I get from Redbox. At least that is the way it seems to me. Redbox DVD movies are currently priced at $1.20 ($1.29 including NM taxes) so that's pretty cheap for a movie night. I don't do the streaming they push because the park's wifi won't support it. So I know nothing about that.

Redbox scroll down to the bottom of the page to sign up for promo codes via email and/or text (text $$ apply)
Retailmenot scroll down to the box on the right side of the page to sign up with email for promo codes

Hope this saves some of you some $$.

https://lorndavi.wordpress.com/blog/
https://i570.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps0340a6ff.jpg
lornaschinske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 07:17 AM   #2
Site Team

Year: 1988
Coachwork: ward
Chassis: international
Engine: dt360a
Rated Cap: 65
Re: Free & Reduced Price Redbox Rentals