Old 06-05-2010, 02:24 PM   #11
Site Team
Re: "Further" sighting on I-5!

Originally Posted by Elliot Naess
Hmmmm... no, that's not how it works. That would define you as a spectator, and Burning Man is a No Spectators event.

I grab a brush to help, but I guarantee you don't want to see me nekkid.
I'm hungry!

You Gotta Let Me Fly
crazycal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 04:23 PM   #12
Bus Crazy
Year: 1992
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: TC-2000 Frt Eng, Tranny:MT643
Engine: 5,9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 84
Re: "Further" sighting on I-5!

WARNING: Thread drift in progress. WARNING: Thread drift in progress. Warp core breach in 60 seconds. (Voice of Muriel Roddenberry)

There is a common misconception that the Burning Man Art Festival is a nudist event. This is not so. Rather, most burners wear fanciful costumes.

That said, it is true that the above-mentioned fanciful costume may -- at the extreme -- consist of... a hat. And only the hat.

One might say that the customary Western Culture modesty is suspended at the gate. Example: I was riding one of my pedal-vehicles, with two empty seats, when I met up with a couple who asked to ride with me. But they wore long flowing robes that would likely have gotten caught in the drive chains. No problem. They just pulled their robes off, stowed those in a bag, and rode nude.

This sort of thing is easily misunderstood by the sensationalist news media and many of their readers.

Maturity helps. You might be surprised at the average age of burners -- somewhere in the 40s, I believe. Education level likewise -- very high.

People need to learn that the news media is not a good source of information.
Millicent The Bus - roof raised two feet, toy-hauler tailgate.
Elliot Naess is offline   Reply With Quote