Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-17-2008, 09:34 PM   #1
Bus Geek

Send a message via MSN to the_experience03 Send a message via Yahoo to the_experience03
Furthur and the Merry Pranksters

Ok, guys. I have a communications class that really is the pits, but most of that lies on the teacher that doesn't do a lot of...well...teaching. Anyway, I have resolved to make the best of a bad situation so when we were tasked with doing a 5-7 minute informative speech I decided to do mine on Mr. Ken Kesey, The Merry Pranksters, and Furthur.

But I need help...

Any links to information (preferably something I can cite), pictures, video clips, ANYTHING will help me to make this speech a little better. I've already found some stuff on the board as well as in my other research, but I know I can count on my other skoolies to have that last little bit that will bring it together. I know you have some stuff stashed somewhere, Elliot...

So let's see it, guys!

Thanks,
Andrew

Old 02-17-2008, 11:15 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: TC-2000 Frt Eng, Tranny:MT643
Engine: 5,9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 84
Re: Furthur and the Merry Pranksters

See what... this silly thing?

All I know is what I found on the internet, and what others have posted on this board recently. I didn't keep any links, and I imagine you can quickly find what I found.

And one more tidbit, which I described in a thread here a few months ago, but in a nut shell is that the second Furthur/Further (photo above) was observed sitting safely parked indoors at Kesey's place in Oregon as late as around year 2000 (shortly before Kesey died).)

Elliot Naess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 11:30 PM   #3
Bus Nut

Year: 1985
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: GMC
Engine: 366 propane
Rated Cap: 56

google video has a some good stuff on it. I was looking just the other night.

-Richard
captainkf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 12:08 AM   #4
Bus Geek

Send a message via MSN to the_experience03 Send a message via Yahoo to the_experience03

Well, guys...I got my speech done up, complete with Powerpoint (ok..Open Office Impress) slideshow. I had to really slash away information because of our length limits, but I think I have a pretty good primer on Ken Kesey, The Merry Pranksters, The Acid Tests, and Further/Furthur. Thanks for all the help!
Old 02-23-2008, 08:16 PM   #5
Almost There

I know this is late, but i've been busy and didn't notice this thread. Here's a pic of my dad and stepmom at Ken's memorial in front of one of the later incarnations of further. Not sure if i ever mentioned it but i did meet him once or twice that i can remember (i might have met him more times than that but i was really little).
Old 02-23-2008, 09:31 PM   #6
Bus Geek

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: TC-2000 Frt Eng, Tranny:MT643
Engine: 5,9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 84

I'm gonna pick up my yellow & white Blue Bird and go home now, quietly.
Any more?

Elliot Naess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 08:02 AM   #7
Bus Geek

True awesomeness in that picture!

I got my feedback from the speech. I scored a 95% A on it, the high score for the class. This instructor is VERY difficult to please because she doesn't often tell you what she's REALLY looking for and when she does she contradicts herself. She did, however, appreciate all my quotes and references. One of my references was "the crack team of bus nuts on skoolie.net"
Old 02-24-2008, 07:37 PM   #8
Almost There

thanks guys. i actually stole it from my stepmoms myspace page. of course i wasn't there physically for that sad day, but you could say i was there in spirit. if memory serves correct that picture was taken on willamette street in downtown eugene. is it any wonder why i want a skoolie of my own!! what, with my history with (or in) them and all, lol. can't wait to get my degree so i can save some money up!