Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 06-20-2017, 04:01 PM   #1
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 11,637
Year: 1992
Coachwork: Ward/AmTran
Chassis: International
Engine: dt466
Rated Cap: 78
Got A Work Van On GovDeals Today!



Clean, low-mile, no-frills cargo van for work. SCORE!

https://www.govdeals.com/index.cfm?f...55&acctid=5534

Impeccable maintenance, 43k miles, unmolested dogiban!
__________________
.
Roll Your Own Build Thread
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 05:18 PM   #2
Bus Geek
 
Robin97396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Willamina, Oregon
Posts: 4,410
Year: 1997
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC 1000
Engine: 5.9
Send a message via Yahoo to Robin97396
That's a good buy. That's also a pretty good drive back to your place.

I raised my kids on auction money from turning over vehicles in the evenings while working for the state during the day. I lived about a mile from the state surplus.

You're young enough to make a business out of just the auctions. The real money is in heavy equipment. The right $20k purchase can sell for $120k. Do that a couple times a year and your set. Plus if you enjoy traveling around looking at equipment all the better.
Robin97396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 05:21 PM   #3
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 11,637
Year: 1992
Coachwork: Ward/AmTran
Chassis: International
Engine: dt466
Rated Cap: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin97396 View Post
That's a good buy. That's also a pretty good drive back to your place.

I raised my kids on auction money from turning over vehicles in the evenings while working for the state during the day. I lived about a mile from the state surplus.

You're young enough to make a business out of just the auctions. The real money is in heavy equipment. The right $20k purchase can sell for $120k. Do that a couple times a year and your set. Plus if you enjoy traveling around looking at equipment all the better.
I'm taking a two headed approach- buying/flipping cars, buses etc.
And my bread and butter- the lawn route.
I won't be driving this though. Regular sized vehicles are much cheaper and easier to have shipped. $900 will deliver it to my door. I'd spend that driving it home, and this way I can keep working.
__________________
.
Roll Your Own Build Thread
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 05:42 PM   #4
Bus Geek
 
Robin97396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Willamina, Oregon
Posts: 4,410
Year: 1997
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC 1000
Engine: 5.9
Send a message via Yahoo to Robin97396
That prevents any possible mechanical issues from stranding you on the road too. Google said it was $350 for a flight to Lincoln anyway.

I was hoping that had a 5.9 in it, like some of the pickups.
Robin97396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 06:30 PM   #5
Bus Crazy
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Oregon/Philippines
Posts: 1,660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin97396 View Post
That's a good buy. That's also a pretty good drive back to your place.

I raised my kids on auction money from turning over vehicles in the evenings while working for the state during the day. I lived about a mile from the state surplus.

You're young enough to make a business out of just the auctions. The real money is in heavy equipment. The right $20k purchase can sell for $120k. Do that a couple times a year and your set. Plus if you enjoy traveling around looking at equipment all the better.
The market is somewhat slow in Polk county the last few yrs for heavy equipment. I have prepped hundreds of mini's, backhoes, gradalls, etc., for resale by presure washing, new decals, paint, seat, etc. One can usually double their money in Oregon. However, what one buys normally always has to be hauled from half way across the States, then fixed and prepped to look great, -(For example a 2K hour 331 bobcat mini usually ends up having 12k or so in it when it is ready for resale and 18K or so negotiated purchase) Normally one gets a short term bank loan so they can purchase several at a time... Then, it normally takes a couple of months or so on the lot, and advertising in like the equipment trader to sell. It can be a good business, however, occasionally I have seen something sit for 6 months or even more than a year and have to be sold at cost. Beats the odds at the Casino, though.
__________________
Jesus Christ... Conversion in progress.
chev49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 06:38 PM   #6
Bus Crazy
 
Rusty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Midwest
Posts: 1,723
Year: 2003
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: TC2000
Engine: 5.9L Cummins
Rated Cap: '00
Nice score !

Clean van ! Nice styling, too.

these are great bang for buck - aluminum body, diesel engine. Lift gate here.

Too much competition in vehicle flips, you may double or sometimes triple your money, but as Robin said- Niche stuff can bring 10x initial outlay.

I just sold some hydronic boilers that grossed 25x. 300>7500 and they don't require any BS DMV trips, inspections, titles or fees.

That said, my favorite recent purchase is a P71 police interceptor. I'm severely enjoying the politeness of other drivers- nobody cuts me off anymore
__________________
What I do when nothing is on tv... : My Nemesis
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 06:44 PM   #7
Bus Geek
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Columbus Ohio
Posts: 7,554
Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International S3800
Engine: DT360
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
nice lookin van!! ive put lots of miles on vans just like these over the years.. they run like a champ!!

but thats a Heater-Only Dash panel...

-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 07:31 PM   #8
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 11,637
Year: 1992
Coachwork: Ward/AmTran
Chassis: International
Engine: dt466
Rated Cap: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin97396 View Post
That prevents any possible mechanical issues from stranding you on the road too. Google said it was $350 for a flight to Lincoln anyway.

I was hoping that had a 5.9 in it, like some of the pickups.
naw, but honestly for a cheapo, basic work van the 3.9 will do. Its been meticulously maintained, and I've had one before in a dakota.
Anything will beat towing with my subaru or borrowing the work truck from my buddy.
I hope its as nice and clean as the pics and description make it look. I've never had anything but great purchases on GD and PS, so I'd expect it's a pretty nice lil van.
__________________
.
Roll Your Own Build Thread
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 07:32 PM   #9
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 11,637
Year: 1992
Coachwork: Ward/AmTran
Chassis: International
Engine: dt466
Rated Cap: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
nice lookin van!! ive put lots of miles on vans just like these over the years.. they run like a champ!!

but thats a Heater-Only Dash panel...

-Christopher
You know me and AC- I just don't seem to care I guess. If it made others not bid and kept the price low, then a non-ac van is fine for my purposes. Our work trucks don't have working ac. Guess for a fl boy, I'm a bit of a masochist when it comes to heat.
__________________
.
Roll Your Own Build Thread
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 07:34 PM   #10
Bus Geek
 
EastCoastCB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Eustis FLORIDA
Posts: 11,637
Year: 1992
Coachwork: Ward/AmTran
Chassis: International
Engine: dt466
Rated Cap: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
Clean van ! Nice styling, too.

these are great bang for buck - aluminum body, diesel engine. Lift gate here.

Too much competition in vehicle flips, you may double or sometimes triple your money, but as Robin said- Niche stuff can bring 10x initial outlay.

I just sold some hydronic boilers that grossed 25x. 300>7500 and they don't require any BS DMV trips, inspections, titles or fees.

That said, my favorite recent purchase is a P71 police interceptor. I'm severely enjoying the politeness of other drivers- nobody cuts me off anymore
Yeah we've bought a couple p71's now. Roxy is waiting for a pristine "cheif's car" and we're gonna get her one for a daily driver.
I've fallen TOTALLY in love with the P71's. Such a great car!
__________________
.
Roll Your Own Build Thread
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.