Old 01-01-2008, 02:29 PM   #1
Skoolie

Year: 1996
Coachwork: Amtran
Chassis: International
Engine: T444E 3800
Rated Cap: 36
Happy New Year!!! Any Resolutions?

Wanted to wish everyone a happy and bus-productive New Year!! Did anyone make some resolutions?
Old 01-01-2008, 04:00 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 1981
Coachwork: Crown
Chassis: Crown
Engine: 671 DD
Send a message via MSN to Roasting8 Send a message via Yahoo to Roasting8
Re: Happy New Year!!! Any Resolutions?

Get my bus completed before the year is over.
Roasting8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 06:26 PM   #3
Bus Nut

Year: 1982
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: IH S1723
Engine: IH V345 Gas V8
Rated Cap: 66

Many years ago I made the only resolution I was ever able to keep: I resolved not to make any more New Year's resolutions!
Old 01-04-2008, 07:31 PM   #4
Bus Nut

Year: 1993
Coachwork: Carpenter
Engine: 7.3 International diesel
Rated Cap: 60

Bah. Get that big bus and paint it black! I did and my bus doesn't get very hot on the inside even when it's over 100 degrees out. It's the same as it was when it was white on top!

Anyways, my resolution was to get my bus done by spring! Now, I'm just hoping to get it done by the end of the year. I'm about to be real busy at work, and then it looks like I'm going to be deploying to the Middle East for about 4 months this summer.
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...DSC02426-1.jpg
KC10Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 08:44 PM   #5
Skoolie

Year: 1974
Coachwork: Superior
Chassis: Ford B-700
Engine: 351 windsor
Rated Cap: 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC10Chief
Bah. Get that big bus and paint it black! I did and my bus doesn't get very hot on the inside even when it's over 100 degrees out. It's the same as it was when it was white on top!

Anyways, my resolution was to get my bus done by spring! Now, I'm just hoping to get it done by the end of the year. I'm about to be real busy at work, and then it looks like I'm going to be deploying to the Middle East for about 4 months this summer.
Matt,
I have never been in any branch of the service so I don't know exactly how this works but You have to tell them that You have a big skoolie get together this summer sometime and this deployment thing is just not going to work out for you this summer, maybe next.Seriously weather You are deployed or not You guys are my heroes. Thank You for defending My right to write anything that I want to here and Godspeed. P.S. I really do hope that I get to shake Your hand this summer.
Dave
Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 10:28 PM   #6
Bus Nut

Thanks Dave! I appreciate it! Hopefully I'll be able to make the skoolie meet! There's no telling with the military what will be going on even a week from now.
Old 01-05-2008, 09:34 AM   #7
Bus Nut

Year: 1981
Coachwork: Crown
Chassis: Crown
Engine: 671 DD
Send a message via MSN to Roasting8 Send a message via Yahoo to Roasting8

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC10Chief

Hey man, if you do go to the middle east, God bless and take care of yourself.
Roasting8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 08:26 PM   #8
Bus Nut

I sometimes wish I had gotten a short bus myself! It would be a LOT cheaper to convert, faster to convert, and cheaper to maintain! I still love my big bus though and I don't regret buying it for a second. I do plan to get a short bus like yours next. Also, what's the top speed on your bus? I'm willing to bet that it's faster than the majority of buses on this board. My bus tops out around 65mph, but the motor is screaming at that speed. I keep it at 55mph on the open road. I've looked at options to make it go faster. New rear end gears would be almost $2K. Then, I'd need more power to turn those gears. That's several thousand more! When I get a short bus like yours, I'm going to have two bunks in the back, a small couch on the right side, a small bathroom with a toilet and shower on the left, and a small kitchen area on the left too. REAL small. The bathroom will have the toilet in the shower! They do that in small RV's. If I were single, I would have bought a short bus for sure!

I love the military. I actually love going on big deployments. I volunteer for all of them that I can. It kind of sucks being away from the family, but my wife is a trooper. All of our family lives in this area too. Plus, I get paid quite a bit extra. Then all of my pay is tax free on top of that if it's a "hostile" area. It's nice to come home with a fat bank account. The military isn't like what you see on TV. The Air Force isn't anyways. Nobody ever yells at me or anything like that. We get treated really good compared to the other services. Plus, I'm aircrew on top of that so it's even better. I've been to the Middle East quite a few times. It's not bad at all. They put us up in nice rooms, and they have swimming pools, good food (free), and all sorts of stuff to keep you entertained. So, it's a good job and I sure don't want to do anything else!
Old 01-06-2008, 12:17 AM   #9
Bus Crazy

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: TC-2000 Frt Eng, Tranny:MT643
Engine: 5,9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 84

Quote:
...sometimes I ask stupid questions...
ShortBus, there is no such thing as a stupid question. But sometimes there are stupid mistakes -- which we make because we didn't bother to ask.
Elliot Naess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 01:08 AM   #10
Bus Crazy

Year: 1992
Coachwork: Blue Bird
Chassis: TC-2000 Frt Eng, Tranny:MT643
Engine: 5,9 Cummins
Rated Cap: 84

As for New Yearís Resolutions....

Well, I adopted this thing on New Yearís Day:

...and I proclaimed -- loudly -- that I would get it sailing again in time for the Kinetic Grand Championship on Memorial Weekend.

Sailing?

Yup. Here it is in its original paint -- early 1990s.

Itís in rough shape now, missing its water propulsion machinery and pontoons.

This picture shows how it used to be. Iíll have to build a new Styrofoam-and-fiberglass floor/pontoon. The body is fiberglass and the whole thing weighed 800 pounds when it raced.

Here it is on land, with a couple of other Kinetic Kompetitors -- before it was repainted in Highway Patrol livery. Originally it was called Counterfeit Cadillac. The California Highway Patrol guys called it CHiPs Ahoy.

Might this project, launched on New Year's Day, constitute a New Year's Resolution?
Elliot Naess is offline   Reply With Quote