Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-07-2006, 10:10 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Send a message via AIM to mike
HEAD GASKET FAILURES NEW FORD 6.0

Gasket failures are showing up ,the article is in four wheeler magazine on page 46 of the october 2006 issue seams that engines that have been worked hard with power up grades are showing up.

mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 05:03 AM   #2
Bus Geek

i am a paramedic and at work we have 4 new trucks, each about 1 year old. 3 of them have the 6.0 liter.

I was never a big fan of the 7.3, but that motor is far superiour to the 6.0 in nearly every aspect, including fuel economy, power, and reliability.

we've sent all of out 6 litres in for repair several times in the past year. We've replaced among other things: a set of heads, a turbo, wastegate, head gaskets, injectors, cooling fans, some fuel pump parts, lots of A/C fuses. 1 of our trucks was at the ford dealer for 2 months during the removal of the heads and injectors.

The guy who delivered our rigs stated that the motor in the ambulances creates 100 hp less than the pickup truck motor, and far less torque. Good thing! We can't keep these thigns running even in "low power" mode. can't immagine trying to run one that was modified!

did i mention they new trucks get about 8 mpg while the same size rig that is one model year older (with the 7.3) gets 12mpg.
Old 09-10-2006, 11:04 PM   #3
Mini-Skoolie

Send a message via AIM to mike
Head bolts

Well the 6.0 liter has four bolts vers six on the7.3 and another thing is the removal of the engine for head gaskets on the 6.0 thats really got to bitch
mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 07:20 AM   #4
Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapeer20m
i am a paramedic and at work we have 4 new trucks, each about 1 year old. 3 of them have the 6.0 liter.

I was never a big fan of the 7.3, but that motor is far superiour to the 6.0 in nearly every aspect, including fuel economy, power, and reliability.

we've sent all of out 6 litres in for repair several times in the past year. We've replaced among other things: a set of heads, a turbo, wastegate, head gaskets, injectors, cooling fans, some fuel pump parts, lots of A/C fuses. 1 of our trucks was at the ford dealer for 2 months during the removal of the heads and injectors.

The guy who delivered our rigs stated that the motor in the ambulances creates 100 hp less than the pickup truck motor, and far less torque. Good thing! We can't keep these thigns running even in "low power" mode. can't immagine trying to run one that was modified!

did i mention they new trucks get about 8 mpg while the same size rig that is one model year older (with the 7.3) gets 12mpg.
Were paying for the R&D (in downtime) they can only test them so much before they need to get them into production to see what will happen in the real world.

Are they putting the 6.0 in bigger rigs like busses how about the Duramax?
hoser is offline   Reply With Quote