Old 02-24-2007, 04:08 PM   #11
Bus Nut
Year: 1985
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: GMC
Engine: 366 propane
Rated Cap: 56
bus update

So, we went and looked at the bus. It is a p-41 canuck. Great lines, aluminum skin and a closed in underbelly. It was converted some time ago and shows it. The "new" fridge and other appliances were new when I was watching sesame street as kid. There was a fair amount of damage to the skin with dents and such. Most of the windows are broken and the tires are shot. It would be a great project for someone with the time, space and $$$. However we have decided to pass on the bus and keep our skoolie. It's in too good of shape mechanically and the conversion is done. I think I'll put the money into new tanks, insulated container and some good used 10 22r tires. Thanks for help all!

captainkf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 03:08 AM   #12
Year: 1967
Coachwork: Western Flyer
Chassis: T-36
Engine: IRD
Rated Cap: 37
Re: Help! I think I am going to buy a second vintage bus.

Too bad on the pass buddy. I have an old western flyer. I am not sure about the creature you were looking at. I have a gas engine puller and a 5 speed. Not as complicated as some of the issues listed. If you have a long driveway, it becomes an evening project. Mine has some skin damage too. The bins seem to take a beating as well.
BugLips is offline   Reply With Quote