Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-15-2010, 12:25 PM   #21
Bus Nut

Re: How did you get the wife/GF on board?

The previous gf said she liked the idea of the bus, and was completely on board with the idea, while she quietly siphoned away all the funds for the project...

My current gf wants me to hurry up and get it finished so we can move into it.

I guess I'm a lucky guy.

jim

baadpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 09:52 PM   #22
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 2003
Coachwork: Ford
Chassis: Goshen
Engine: 350

I am the wife and the bus that we want to get is my idea - BUT I can tell you how my husband got me into motorcycles:
He always makes sure that what ever bike he owns has every comfort for me. First bike had special custom ordered seat for me and he insisted that I have every peice of biker apparel to keep me warm and dry.

Lot of bikes between then and now. Current bike - and I hope the last - is a trike (he has some problems with the feelings in his legs so this is safer). My seat is heated, has cup holder, two compartments on either side of my seat for 'stuff'. Headphones in my helmet with volume control so I can listen to music. Plus he picked up a trailer cheap and painted it to match the trike so we can actually go grocery shopping with it.

It may sound extreme but he has gone to a lot of trouble to make sure I am comfortable, dry and warm on the bike so that makes me want to go with him more often. He still has to go to Daytona by himself though - too big of a crowd for me.

Does your wife like to read, drink wine, play on the computer? Are there comfortable places for her to do this on the bus? And the number one 'big item': is there a potty?
granolaeeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 11:02 PM   #23
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by granolaeeter
I am the wife and the bus that we want to get is my idea - BUT I can tell you how my husband got me into motorcycles:
He always makes sure that what ever bike he owns has every comfort for me. First bike had special custom ordered seat for me and he insisted that I have every peice of biker apparel to keep me warm and dry.

Lot of bikes between then and now. Current bike - and I hope the last - is a trike (he has some problems with the feelings in his legs so this is safer). My seat is heated, has cup holder, two compartments on either side of my seat for 'stuff'. Headphones in my helmet with volume control so I can listen to music. Plus he picked up a trailer cheap and painted it to match the trike so we can actually go grocery shopping with it.

It may sound extreme but he has gone to a lot of trouble to make sure I am comfortable, dry and warm on the bike so that makes me want to go with him more often. He still has to go to Daytona by himself though - too big of a crowd for me.

Does your wife like to read, drink wine, play on the computer? Are there comfortable places for her to do this on the bus? And the number one 'big item': is there a potty?
Excellent post! Welcome to the forum
Abbott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 11:05 PM   #24
Bus Crazy

my gf is on board with the bus as a motorhome but i cant spend any time on it it seems... should be magically done apparently lol
Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 01:26 PM   #25
Bus Nut

Year: 1988
Coachwork: Ward
Chassis: Ford B600
Engine: 6.6L Turbo Diesel
Rated Cap: 26

My wife is the one who said we needed it. I was not about to doubt her wisdom.
Old 02-17-2016, 08:01 PM   #26
Bus Nut

Year: 1990
Coachwork: BB
Chassis: TC2000
Engine: Cummins
Rated Cap: 25.999K
My, Mrs. had 2 rules. #1- it can't stay yellow (shool bus) or be white (prison bus). And #2- It must have a Pink Refrigerater that has been Bedazzelled....... I think that she THOUGHT I'd not go for #2, but hey, Im not bad with a spraygun.
SDR76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 09:16 PM   #27
Mini-Skoolie

Hey DD, i think you get what everyone is saying.... don't over look the GF/OL' LADY for what you see as a new toy. slow and steady wins the race, keep her in the loop and she well come around, if you push to hard (ask her over and over to pick, make up your mind, etc..) it's going to be a war of wills, ask for her advice and always talk about what your idears are and what she thinks. she may act 'not' and 'don't care' but everybody likes to think there thought counts and as time goes by she well warm up, not fast as you may want but she well be proud of what you've done when she sees you build it, and if a few of her idears are in there she might even be suprized, and dare i say "happy", joyful, maybe even bring a dinner out to see how it looks this week !! just remember "it's an us thing & not just a Dan thing, no matter what is said. good luck & keep as posted-not the fight, but the buss & now goes it. later..
ED Privott is offline   Reply With Quote