Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-10-2016, 06:32 AM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

how many of us have a Bluebird TC2000

Just want to know who else has a TC2000? What would you consider to be the pluses of this model? And the cons?

Can't wait to get started on ours. If all goes well we should have it home in 4 days on monday evening.

Ally420/Akasha099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 02:33 PM   #2
Mini-Skoolie

I'm interested to know too, as I am planning a smaller conversion and this sized bus is perfect. Where did you get yours from? The smaller blue birds are harder to find.
mmpetunia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 02:44 PM   #3
Bus Crazy

There are even smaller Type 'D' buses than then TC2000.

The TC1000 was built to fill a perceived need between the Type 'A' buses that were running out of GVWR in the bigger buses and the absence of any Type 'B' buses with the demise of the GM/Workhorse P-30 chassis.

Now that IC and others have built Type 'C' buses on relatively little chassis the price differential has prices the TC1000 out of the market.

And with almost all states having relatively short planned life cycles there isn't enough of a price difference between the TC2000/MVP models and the All American/Saf-T-Liner HDX any longer. So the TC2000 and MVP models are no longer available.
cowlitzcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 03:14 PM   #4
Bus Nut

Year: 1998
Chassis: TC 2000 bluebird
Engine: 5.9 cummins
Rated Cap: 66
I have one. It is an 11 window bus about 34' long. 12 valve 5.9 cummins engine.
Mine is the front engine model. I like it so far but am still working on the conversion. I kind of wish I had a rear engine as there is so little useable space under it for tanks etc. I have really struggled with how to mount everything under the bus. But I am happy with the turn radius and how much space is inside. Ceiling height is good. The bus is sturdy. It goes down the road well.
Bill
MI
miltruckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 03:21 PM   #5
Mini-Skoolie

Milkman, are you doing grey water and black water tanks? I was planning to have grey water only. How large are your holding tanks? Do you have any wiring or plumbing schematics for your bus? I'd be interested to see how you overcame the limited space under your bus.

I just sent you a PM about the length of the living space inside the bus. I found a 9 window TC2000 so I'm wondering how long it is inside from the cockpit back. I figured I could estimate better if I knew the length inside of one that is similar in size.
Old 06-10-2016, 04:15 PM   #6
Mini-Skoolie

mmpetunia - does the 30 inches per window estimate not hold true enough to functionally determine length? Ours appears to have 12 windows plus the driver's side window.
Old 06-10-2016, 04:19 PM   #7
Mini-Skoolie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ally420/Akasha099 View Post
mmpetunia - does the 30 inches per window estimate not hold true enough to functionally determine length? Ours appears to have 12 windows plus the driver's side window.

I'm not totally sure, I've heard two feet per window, which is why I was hoping to hear directly from someone with this model of bus so that I can correlate more accurately the amount of living space I would be dealing with. The window method is just a rough estimate.
Old 06-10-2016, 05:20 PM   #8
Skoolie

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC 2000
Engine: 5.9
Rated Cap: 83
I have a tc2000 15 window. The overall length is 38 feet. Inside it is 35 feet from the rear door to the engine cover. The windows measure 27 inches from front to back. Hope this helps.
Old 06-11-2016, 12:15 AM   #9
Bus Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by miltruckman View Post
Mine is the front engine model. I like it so far but am still working on the conversion. I kind of wish I had a rear engine as there is so little useable space under it for tanks etc. I have really struggled with how to mount everything under the bus. But I am happy with the turn radius and how much space is inside. Ceiling height is good. The bus is sturdy. It goes down the road well.
Bill
MI
I am a bit puzzled as to why you can't find enough space to mount stuff under the floor of the bus.

You have almost the whole skirt area on both sides between the axles and all of the area behind the rear axle. You can easily build stuff to at least the level of the bottom of the skirt without worrying about dragging anything off. You could easily go another six or eight inches and still not worry if you were careful on entering and leaving curb cuts. You could build down 12" from behind the axle to about halfway to the bumper without worrying as well.

That much space is a lot of space. And except for making sure you can still access or drop the fuel tank all of the space behind the rear axle from side to side could be used, particularly if you have your exhaust leave out the side just in front of the rear axle.
cowlitzcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2024, 01:45 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by miltruckman View Post
Bill
MI
I am curious ,,,, How long did you have your tc2000
How much miles when you bought it and how much miles at the end

Did you have any issue with engine or transmission

Thanks
miked73fl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blue bird, bluebird, bluebird tc-2000