Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-04-2011, 04:48 PM   #1
Bus Geek

Year: 1986
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: 40 ft All American FE
Engine: 8.2LTA Fuel Pincher DD V8
Rated Cap: 89
How to Cold Weather Camp in Your RV

http://www.ehow.com/how_2097799_cold...r-camp-rv.html

https://lorndavi.wordpress.com/blog/
https://i570.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps0340a6ff.jpg
lornaschinske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 10:17 AM   #2
Bus Crazy

Re: How to Cold Weather Camp in Your RV

yes those vent cushions are WONDERFUL!!! I have them and they work like magic! a Dehumidifier is a must to! i have to fix mine.. dog chewed the cable... bad puppy..

electric heat is nice to but it can get expensive. also a good heater is an infared heater. it heats what it shines on.
Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 11:02 AM   #3
Almost There

Year: 1977
Chassis: International Harvester

What's the best electric space heater anyone has found for using on or off the bus?

I plan on using my rig all this fall for some weekend camping/hunting & fishing base camp. The last few years the snow has been bad but it hasn't stuck around as long it seems. SE Kansas has mild winters compared to a lot of places. I was still fishing at the lake over the Christmas holiday.

I was able to get a Interagency Access Pass so that really cut down on the cost of getting a full hookup site. And I figure, why worry about adding the cost of propane for the weekend if I can have a cheap, steady supply of electric. The propane furnace works in it so well I am not wanting to replace it just yet with something that can handle both. I have other items I would prefer to spend the budget on. So I was thinking until I can get the AC unit with a heat strip, I would just use space heaters whenever I took the bus out. I'm just no expert on them so figured I'd ask those with the experience.
RavensOracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 02:33 PM   #4
Bus Crazy

best is the Infared furnaces

been described as a portable furnace vent lol. I have seen them in person and are very nice!

side shot of the insides
Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote