Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-10-2019, 02:14 PM   #1
Bus Nut

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Blue-Bird
Chassis: TC RE 3408
Engine: 5.9 Cummins 12V Mechanical/Allison MT643
Rated Cap: Blue-Bird says 72 pass.
I do not need another project now, but if I did...

Perhaps someone here might be interested in this as a project. It just hit Craigslist 38 minutes ago.

https://eugene.craigslist.org/cto/d/...017443540.html

gs1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 02:46 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: All American RE (A3RE)
Engine: Cummins ISC (8.3)
Rated Cap: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by gs1949 View Post
Perhaps someone here might be interested in this as a project. It just hit Craigslist 38 minutes ago.

https://eugene.craigslist.org/cto/d/...017443540.html
Kewl step van. I had a '66 that I loved. One of the rigs that is on the "what was I thinking " list of vehicles I have sold.

As far as new projects.... I am planning a trip to the tattoo shop to get "I don't need another project" tattooed backwards on my forehead so I can remind myself every morning.
PNW_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 02:55 PM   #3
Bus Nut

Yes, that P20 would make a very cool daily driver, but I get by alright with my Crown Vic that's retired from the county sheriff's dept.
Old 11-10-2019, 03:01 PM   #4
Bus Geek

Year: 2002
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: All American RE (A3RE)
Engine: Cummins ISC (8.3)
Rated Cap: 72
Quote:
Yes, that P20 would make a very cool daily driver, but I get by alright with my Crown Vic that's retired from the county sheriff's dept.
I watch the Crown Vic's go at auction and have been tempted. I met a gent over on the West side that made his living flipping CV's from auction.
PNW_Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 04:06 PM   #5
Bus Nut

I love mine. Fastest car I ever had. Been driving it for coming up to 3 years. Gas, oil change, filter and lubes, and an air filter. That's all. The first time I took it to the local quick lube place they pointed out the rear main seal was leaking very slightly. It's still leaking very slightly, but it never gets down to add before it's time for another change. I'm due for another change soon and it's just past the halfway point to add.

And the county sheriff has more. They have at least 2 white unmarked Vics like mine, and I sometimes see a dark blue unmarked parked by the jail.

I love Crown Vics. First car I ever drove was a 56. Not a cop car but it was black and white with a 5 or 6 inch chrome crown-thing across the roof. It was a limited edition of some kind; it had seat belts. And it also had something special about the engine and trans. It was a 312 y-block but it had fuel injection or something.

This was the first time I ever drove on a highway. I was 11. The car was my uncle's. He was quite drunk, and getting drunker. Plus, he knew I'd been driving pickup trucks in hayfields for years, so he let me take the wheel on a dark night trip back to his house. There's a dike built across a flood plain, straight and level for over 4 miles. Any other cars would be clearly visible in either direction, so he let me take it up to 100, the first time I ever drove on a public road, roughly 5 years before I would have a driver's licence. So I've been hooked on driving ever since.

I could go into the first time I ever got drunk, under the influence of my paternal grandfather, when I was five. But I think I've already made my point which is that it's too bad young people today don't have the opportunities we had at when we were young.
Old 11-10-2019, 06:06 PM   #6
Bus Nut

Year: 2004
Coachwork: IC/AMTRANS RE
Engine: T444E 7.3 w/ MD3060
Rated Cap: 36000lbs / 78pass / 39'
Quote:
I love mine. Fastest car I ever had. Been driving it for coming up to 3 years. Gas, oil change, filter and lubes, and an air filter. That's all. The first time I took it to the local quick lube place they pointed out the rear main seal was leaking very slightly. It's still leaking very slightly, but it never gets down to add before it's time for another change. I'm due for another change soon and it's just past the halfway point to add.

And the county sheriff has more. They have at least 2 white unmarked Vics like mine, and I sometimes see a dark blue unmarked parked by the jail.

I love Crown Vics. First car I ever drove was a 56. Not a cop car but it was black and white with a 5 or 6 inch chrome crown-thing across the roof. It was a limited edition of some kind; it had seat belts. And it also had something special about the engine and trans. It was a 312 y-block but it had fuel injection or something.

This was the first time I ever drove on a highway. I was 11. The car was my uncle's. He was quite drunk, and getting drunker. Plus, he knew I'd been driving pickup trucks in hayfields for years, so he let me take the wheel on a dark night trip back to his house. There's a dike built across a flood plain, straight and level for over 4 miles. Any other cars would be clearly visible in either direction, so he let me take it up to 100, the first time I ever drove on a public road, roughly 5 years before I would have a driver's licence. So I've been hooked on driving ever since.

I could go into the first time I ever got drunk, under the influence of my paternal grandfather, when I was five. But I think I've already made my point which is that it's too bad young people today don't have the opportunities we had at when we were young.
Sad to hear about the drunks in your family. Been dry for coming up on 10 years, wasted far too much time with that trash.
"he knew I'd been driving pickup trucks in hayfields for years" Talking about an 11 year old been driving for "years" LOL. But then again drunks don't think things out at all.
If you would like to check out my website that has all sort of information especially for the T444E/7.3PSD engines check out www.PatrickTheSalvageGuy.com I've got helpful downloads and articles as well as a link to my YT for other how to videos mainly on the F series trucks.
PatrickBaptist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 06:43 PM   #7
Bus Nut

When I was 5 years old I started driving a John Deere Model B at haying time. The John Deere was about 10 years older than I was at the time. That old green tractor pulled a trailer that my step-grandfather built out of the front axle of a 1937 International logging truck and a long piece of heavy pipe he bought at a scrapyard.

I was the oldest grandchild, so I got drafted and as I drove the tractor slowly along my dad, his brothers and their stepfather loaded the trailer with bales of reed canary grass cut on the floodplain. I was a big kid, 5'2" at the start of grade 2, so after 2 or 3 years of driving the John Deere every year at haying time I was tall enough to see over the steering wheel of a 34 chevy half ton, and my younger brother reluctantly got up on the John Deere.

So yes, I was driving a pickup in a hayfield at age 7 or 8. By age 11 I was well over 6 feet tall and hauling all the hay out of my grandparents fields alone with my step-grandfather's 56 GMC while he was making hay for neighbors and getting paid in hay. But the hay he got that way had to be hauled on public roads so Grandma drove the truck.

This was not a very hard-drinking bunch. The hard drinking was done by my paternal grandfather, the family black sheep with a sense of humor, on that side of my family, and Mom's brother-in-law with the 56 Crown Vic and several other fast moving toys on the other side of the family. So I haven't had many problems with alcohol or alcoholics over course of my life.

What I have had is trouble with Baptists. My mother's paternal grandfather was a veteran of the Confederate Army who became a Baptist Circuit Rider in Arkansas after the Civil War. He repeatedly beat his sons with a horsewhip for minor infractions. And he infected several generations of the family with his Baptist religion. But now it looks as though the fire and brimstone religion is finally dying off in our family with my mother's generation. I say it's about time.
Old 11-10-2019, 11:24 PM   #8
Bus Geek

Year: 1999
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Freighliner FS65
Engine: Cat 3126
Rated Cap: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW_Steve View Post
I watch the Crown Vic's go at auction and have been tempted. I met a gent over on the West side that made his living flipping CV's from auction.
I've had a couple Crown Vics. Great cars and cheap.
EastCoastCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 08:26 AM   #9
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DTA360 / MT643
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
Id love to have a step Van... gotta have A/C though... that GMC srtaight 6 truck motor is damn hard to add a compressor to
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote