Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-01-2013, 02:00 AM   #1

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: 3800
Engine: DT408, AT545
Rated Cap: 23 500 gvw
I had a nice chat with Commercial Truck Enforcement today

That is...after he pulled me over in my Motorhome that happens to be yellow. The reason was my yellow paint. The strange thing is some goof at Micky Ds tells me about father getting a ticket for his yellow bus. This happened in the 70s. 5 hours later, I'm pulled over on the side of a 2 lane rd. good times. I'm tired and will finish this story later.
ETA. Do you think I should go on Coast to Coast?

You Gotta Let Me Fly
crazycal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 06:09 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Re: I had a nice chat with Commercial Truck Enforcement toda

I have heard a lot of interesting things when I used to listen to it on 2nd shift
bansil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 08:10 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bansil
I have heard a lot of interesting things when I used to listen to it on 2nd shift
What do you mean? I fill you in on the details tonight when I get back home.

You Gotta Let Me Fly
Old 06-03-2013, 01:59 AM   #4

So here's the story. I was going to pick up some auction items. I stopped at Home Depot to pickup some ratchet straps. When I left HD to the location where my items were, there was a CHP truck enforcement cop parked at a gas station where I was turning left. I was hoping that he would would not notice me in my yellow motorhome that looks a lot like a school bus. I get about a half mile down the road when I see the cop pass another vehicle to pull up behind me. That thing that I tried is total BS, you cannot will yourself to be invisible in front of LE. I don't care what anyone tells you, IT DOES NOT WORK! The cop walks up and tells me that he pulled me over because the bus was yellow. License and reg please. He asks about GVW. I tell him it's registered as a MH. Doesn't matter, it needs a GVW. I know he's wrong but don't argue. Where's the fire extinguisher? Right there as I point it out. Where are triangles? Triangles? I'm not required to have triangles in a MH. But your yellow he tells me. OK, I see where this is going. He tells me he wants to do a light check. Who am I to argue. When we get to the 8 way lights, I get out of the bus, err...motorhome and tell him that if wants to see anything about a school bus, IT'S NOT THERE. Stop sign, removed. 8 ways, disconnected. Strobe, bulb remove. School markings, removed. Red lights in front, moved to the back and replaced with amber. No school anything, except for yellow paint I think to myself. OK, wait here he says. Goes to his truck and takes about 20 minutes to write a ticket. He comes back and tells me to sign here. Big ticket I say to myself. I say something about the ticket and he tells me that its not a ticket, it's an inspection. I thought he was giving me a ticket. This starts another discussion that I don't feel like talking about right now. He did say that if he saw me again in yellow, IT WOULD BE A TICKET, NO DOUBT ABOUT IT!

Anyways, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Sorry it's one long paragraph but I just wanted to put it down. Guess what I'm going to do next, paint my bus anything but yellow.

You Gotta Let Me Fly
Old 06-03-2013, 09:28 AM   #5
Bus Crazy

Year: 2000
Coachwork: Eldorado Aerotech 24'
Chassis: Ford E-450 Cutaway Bus
Engine: 7.3L Powerstroke
Rated Cap: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkieri
A couple bars of "Alice's restaurant anti-massacree" and you should be on your way..... Home or Jail...really it's 50/50 I'd say!

Or paint the bus something else..
up to you really... but you could join a movement when it comes around on the guitar again!
I used to be able to recite that song from memory! What a classic.

Dealing with The Powers That Be is enough to make your head explode.
Old 06-03-2013, 01:51 PM   #6
Bus Geek

Year: 1986
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: 40 ft All American FE
Engine: 8.2LTA Fuel Pincher DD V8
Rated Cap: 89

Time to paint the bus. Paint it anything light coloured just to get a base coat on.

I did like the way the rolled on unthinned Rust Stop from ACE hardware turned out. Foam rollers gave it a very slight textured finish. I used mostly wipe on deglosser with very little sanding. But we also didn't have a yellow bus. Ours was filthy white with a couple blue waves on it. Now it's dusty Turquoise.
https://lorndavi.wordpress.com/blog/
https://i570.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps0340a6ff.jpg
lornaschinske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 01:58 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by lornaschinske
Time to paint the bus. Paint it anything light coloured just to get a base coat on.

I did like the way the rolled on unthinned Rust Stop from ACE hardware turned out. Foam rollers gave it a very slight textured finish. I used mostly wipe on deglosser with very little sanding. But we also didn't have a yellow bus. Ours was filthy white with a couple blue waves on it. Now it's dusty Turquoise.

That's what I'm thinking. Anything for now so I don't run onto this again. I can do a fancier paint job later.

You Gotta Let Me Fly