Old 04-14-2018, 01:18 PM   #1
Almost There

Year: 2003
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: HDX
Engine: 3126 7.2
I too was seeking BUS ADVICE, and received not one comment

Hi I am just wondering why i didn't receive any response to some questions i posted long ago, and yet i see another user with several answers to the same questions i pretty much posted... PLEASE EXPLAIN???
SilentReprieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 01:29 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 1998
Coachwork: Crown by Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DT 466e/MT 643!
Rated Cap: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentReprieve View Post
Hi I am just wondering why i didn't receive any response to some questions i posted long ago, and yet i see another user with several answers to the same questions i pretty much posted... PLEASE EXPLAIN???
It's possible that the forum was busy when those questions got posted and they got buried under a bunch of new postings... it happens sometimes...
johnbloem1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 01:31 PM   #3
Almost There

yes that is possible... thank you for such a quick response
Old 04-14-2018, 01:36 PM   #4
Bus Nut

Coachwork: Crown by Carpenter
Chassis: International 3800
Engine: DT 466e/MT 643!
Rated Cap: 16
Make a comment on your original post with the questions so it will re-appear on the 'recent threads' area. Hopefully that will help!

John
johnbloem1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 01:40 PM   #5
Bus Geek

Year: 1991
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International S3800
Engine: DT360
Rated Cap: 7 Row Handicap
what this forum needs is a WIKI.. so people like yourself looking for bus advice.. esp if its common like drivetrain, brands, years, lengths, etc have an easy place to find it.. the search on this forum is crap.. and most dont know about google site search and eventhat isnt great
-Christopher
cadillackid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 01:58 PM   #6
Almost There

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbloem1974 View Post
Make a comment on your original post with the questions so it will re-appear on the 'recent threads' area. Hopefully that will help!

John
John, thank you for the advice... that would certainly work, however i purchased the bus and will be picking it up the first week of May...
Going in blind but the little research iv'e done between on youtube and mechanics ive talked I decided to get the bus i was liking and just going for it...
Old 04-14-2018, 01:59 PM   #7
Almost There

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillackid View Post
what this forum needs is a WIKI.. so people like yourself looking for bus advice.. esp if its common like drivetrain, brands, years, lengths, etc have an easy place to find it.. the search on this forum is crap.. and most dont know about google site search and eventhat isnt great
-Christopher
it needs something, but i am not sure what...
Old 04-14-2018, 02:48 PM   #8
Bus Geek

Year: 1946
Coachwork: Chevrolet/Wayne
Chassis: 1- 1/2 ton
Engine: Cummins 4BT
Rated Cap: 15
Ya...I still don't understand why this forum does not have a decent "site search". It's as common elsewhere as fleas on feral cats.
Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 07:57 AM   #9
Bus Nut

Coachwork: MCI
Chassis: 102 EL3
Engine: DD 60
Rated Cap: 50k
SilentReprieve,

I'm not one to comment on bus makes/models as I know nothing about them. For topics that I know something about, I am much quicker to reply when the questions are clear (to include reasonable grammar, punctuation, capitalization), not something that the poster could easily find with a simple search, and I have some idea to whom I am speaking (this means a signature with a name - maybe more).

The search thing has me a bit confused as there is a search option up in the toolbar. It is the typical vBulletin search and it seems to work ok for me (here as well as other vBulletin forums). Of course, I don't know what results it is NOT returning so perhaps it really isn't any good. ??? I dunno...
JDOnTheGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 12:11 PM   #10
Bus Crazy

Year: 1999
Chassis: Saf-T-Liner MVP ER
Engine: Cummins 6CTA8.3 Mechanical MD3060
Rated Cap: 46 Coach Seats, 40 foot
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDOnTheGo View Post
SilentReprieve,

I'm not one to comment on bus makes/models as I know nothing about them. For topics that I know something about, I am much quicker to reply when the questions are clear (to include reasonable grammar, punctuation, capitalization), not something that the poster could easily find with a simple search, and I have some idea to whom I am speaking (this means a signature with a name - maybe more).

The search thing has me a bit confused as there is a search option up in the toolbar. It is the typical vBulletin search and it seems to work ok for me (here as well as other vBulletin forums). Of course, I don't know what results it is NOT returning so perhaps it really isn't any good. ??? I dunno...
Tango may have been a little sarcastic

The site now has a very good, Google Search feature. It always did have that feature if you know how to search Goole though, but the site just made that easier.

There are times when I give the same answer, time and time again ... and there are others where I ignore posts where the OP would have found the answer quickly and easily using the site search.

The "recent" column on this site moves very fast. It's also quite possible that the OP scrolled away.

Build Thread
Twigg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
allison cat 3126