Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-13-2015, 11:25 AM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

I want to trade help for mentorship on a conversion- PNW

Hey, all! I posted in a thread on here about being willing and able to help some local folks on their builds in exchange for the experience and mentorship. I got a few PM's about it and figured I'd run an open call to duty.

I live in Kirkland, WA and would LOVE to be able to work on some busses and get a feel for how my own conversion will likely go. Happy to drive ~1h to you and your bus and am available Monday-Thursdays only (I work weekends). Even better if you'd be willing to repay the favor one day if I need extra hands in the future!

I'd love to help folks take out those pesky seats, strip, build, sand, paint, rivet... the whole nine. I don't have any particularly marketable skills in this area to speak of so whatever tool you put in my hand or whatever task you want me to accomplish it'd better not require the well-honed skills of an experienced fabricator or anything
I've sanded/repaired/refinished/repainted a trailer and panted lots of houses but never worked with *real* automotive painting. I am capable, love to learn, do what I'm told, and am personable (albeit short)*.

Hope to make some bus buddies, learn some stuff, and help some folks out!

*in stature, not temperament

marbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 11:46 AM   #2
Skoolie

Year: 1986
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Saf-T-Liner
Engine: Cat 3208
Rated Cap: 84 px
I'm in Everett and the bus is right by the Tulalip reservation, but almost all my bus work will be on Saturdays, and you couldn't learn much from me since it would be the n00b in charge.

But thanks
Old 09-14-2015, 12:29 AM   #3
Bus Nut

Year: 1998
Coachwork: Bluebird
Chassis: TC2000 RE
Engine: 8.3l Cummins
Rated Cap: 78
I'm over in the issaquah area and moving up towards lynnwood in the coming weeks. Maybe we can meet up and have a bus nerd gathering.
aaronsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 05:42 AM   #4
Bus Crazy

Year: 1989
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: Saf-T-Liner ER
Engine: 3208 CAT/MT643 tranny
Rated Cap: 87
Too bad you're not near Houston, I'm a former teacher and ASE certified mechanic. LOVE to teach. Oh well.....