Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-01-2008, 09:50 PM   #1
Bus Geek

Send a message via MSN to the_experience03 Send a message via Yahoo to the_experience03
If what Elliot does is kinetic sculpture then...

this crazy group I belong to can be called kinetic music. Here's some videos of a "drum off" held in the American Legion in Two Harbors, MN following our performance in their Heritage Days Parade and on stage in the Legion itself. The guys wearing the gold outfits are Marty's Goldenaires from the Legion post in Bessemmer, MI and are absolutely outstanding. If ever you have the chance to see them I would strongly urge you to do so. The Goldenaires and ourselves look forward to seeing each other every year.

We, on the otherhand, are the Eveleth Clown Band, a group of alumni musicians from my alma mater along with other local schools. We dress as rag-tag clowns, enjoy some adult beverages, and perform such classics as, "Roll Out the Barrel," "When the Saints Go Marching In," "Wipeout," "The Julida Polka," and others. There is, however, some serious musical talents hidden within the group and this drummer, known as Chi-Chi, is no exception having played at the collegiate level and with a B.S. in music.

The first two videos might get a little long, but they build to the third which I think is really cool. The bands certainly get in a groove with each other...

Part I

Part II

Part III

Old 08-02-2008, 03:46 AM   #2

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Thomas
Chassis: 3800
Engine: DT408, AT545
Rated Cap: 23 500 gvw
Re: If what Elliot does is kinetic sculpture then...

Went to the county fair today. While walking around, I saw this group playing what I thought were drums. They were playing 5 gallon water bottles. I'm not sure exactly how that relates to your post, but both have to do with guys beating something with stick. I took a couple of quick videos on my digital camera. If I can figure out how to upload them, I think you would enjoy them.

You Gotta Let Me Fly
crazycal is offline   Reply With Quote