Old 06-13-2010, 04:15 PM   #11
Bus Nut
Year: 94
Coachwork: b/b
Chassis: tc2000
Engine: 5.9
Rated Cap: 72
Re: Input wanted about an idea

Heck ,,,,i though of buying a dinner car with a sun dome and matting it up to my blue bird flat nose,,, ..same roof line's...
how about that ????

keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 04:40 PM   #12
Almost There
Year: 85
Coachwork: Ward
Chassis: G.M.C. 6000 series
Engine: 366 G.M.
Rated Cap: 60

A lot of work and I fore see a leak problem, seems doable but I think I'll put my money on a roof raise.But it proves that is using head for more than a hat rack. Ideas, that what its all about.
Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 07:27 PM   #13
Bus Geek
Send a message via MSN to the_experience03 Send a message via Yahoo to the_experience03

Originally Posted by crazycal
Originally Posted by the_experience03
The only downside to going with a box truck is that it's tough to find one with a 30+ foot box to give you all the length. A DT466 or C-series Cummins is certainly more easily attained in one though. On the other hand, you can often get the boxes for scrap value. How about a pair of sea cans stacked on the back?
I don't mean replace the whole body. Leave the drivers area and a few seats, then transition to the box. It would give you the added height to put bunks, shower, etc. The challenged like me, that would never do a roof raise, would be able to get height, roll up door, smooth sides. I'm just throwing it out there for discussion. I know some might not like it.

A couple of other reasons I am bringing this up. Boxes can sometimes be found for really cheap. Buses are usually cheaper than trucks. Put the two together.
I was directing that at the guys that said to just get a box truck and forget about the bus. The issue there is you lose space.
Skooling state at a time...
the_experience03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 12:02 AM   #14
Bus Nut
Year: 1982
Coachwork: Thomas TransitLiner

Could be done - seems like a lot of work to keep from skinnin' the windows tho'.

I saw one a coupla weeks ago on the freeway that made me do a double take - guy cut off the back half of the bus and added a roll back and was carrying a pickup truck on it ... it was going the other way and when I first glanced over at it it looked like a shorty passing a tow truck.

The Rolling Motel Room
Where DIY meets WTF
wtd is offline   Reply With Quote