Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-27-2007, 01:33 PM   #1
Skoolie

Re: Introduction/New Here

Welcome aboard, Scott. You will find a huge amount of knowledge here on this board. And willing and friendly people as well. When I first found this board, I looked at every picture in the gallery and tried to read every bit of writing on here. Never got that far on the reading. Utilize the search function, some subjects ( with twists) are entered in a couple of different forum names. Good luck, you are among friends.

eggman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 07:58 PM   #2
Bus Geek

Send a message via MSN to the_experience03 Send a message via Yahoo to the_experience03

Welcome welcome welcome!

Keep us up to date on where you're at. This site flourishes because people are constantly showing their way of doing something.
Old 07-02-2007, 04:32 AM   #3
Bus Nut

welcome!
where in Indiana is the bus?
bdavis441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 11:07 PM   #4
Bus Nut

Hey, just saw your post- welcome aboard! I'm over here in the hills of Middle Tennessee with my lovely wife of 16 years and 5 wonderful children! Sounds like you're as blessed as I am! I think you'll enjoy the forum here- in the few months I've been on it I haven't come across a single inconsiderate person. Some are even downright humorous! Hope you have fun working on your bus!
boojiewoojie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 03:11 PM   #5
Bus Crazy

Send a message via AIM to Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tes2fy
and it has BRAND-NEW 19.5" Michelins on it. If I could find a way to make these work, that would be the better idea.
Those tires are probably much smaller than what is on the bus right now. It would significantly lower the top speed of the bus and run the engine even faster at highway speeds. The only upside would be that the bus would accelerate a little faster.
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 05:27 PM   #6
Bus Geek

Send a message via MSN to the_experience03 Send a message via Yahoo to the_experience03

Depending on the bolt pattern those 19.5's could be worth $$$ to a guy with a 3/4 or 1 ton pickup that gets used to haul a lot. Throwing them up on an RV website or pirate4x4.com might net you a nice surprise.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:07 PM   #7
Bus Nut

Hey, we just had a several week trip to CA and just now saw your post w/ a question to me. We live in Marshall County -home of the goat festival- woo hoo!! I've never heard of Quiverfull Digest but that sounds like our lifestyle. My wife subscribes to Above Rubies and we definately believe children are a blessing! There's no better way to travel with them but in a bus- we had a blast on our trip. A RE gas powered bus sounds pretty rare to me- what kind of mpg does it get?
boojiewoojie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 06:59 PM   #8

I too am a new guy here, unfortunately I do not have me a bus as of yet, at this time I am not in the market for one due to time and finances, I have always been facinated with old school busses, back in the days, a school bus had lots of style to them, one of these days as time and money allows me to, I plan to find me a older bus and transform it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tes2fy
Hello all. Obviously, I'm new here, so I thought I'd take the time to author a "small" intro of sorts.

My name's Scott, and I reside in the mountains of East Tennessee with my precious wife of 17 years and our 7 children. I'm a rural mail carrier for the USPS, and have very recently (as in this week) purchased my first bus. It's a '70 snub-nose Bluebird I picked up on EBay for $2,000. It has a rudimentary conversion done, but I'll most definitely be making some changes to it as soon as it's sitting on my property. I'm to leave early next week for Indiana to pick up the bus and drive her home.

My late friend, Bill Lively, got me thinking about possible bus ownership. I settled for an antiquated Winnebago back in '03. Boy, was I stupid. Bill passed away unexpectedly, never being able to achieve his dream of bus ownership. When I found this one (which was within the price range I was willing to spend), I had to jump on it.

I'll probably be doing more lurking/learning than contributing, but I thought it polite to make my presence known.

Thanks for having a place like this for learners like me.

-Scott
http://mybusproject.blogspot.com/
mercurybluz is offline   Reply With Quote