Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-31-2008, 12:07 PM   #1
Skoolie

Re: IRC Skoolie Chat?

I use the chat on my web site I am using http://www.pjirc.com/main.php personally I use mIRC but the pjirc is nice for guys that know nothing about the chat.

On my site I strongly encourage people to ask questions on the message board rather than in the chat, sometimes they ask in the chat and get answers then ask again on the message board and those that replied in the chat reply on the message board, we do this to document the questions and answers, most find this helpful when doing a search for common problems, my site is more about tech help or tech support everything else is secondary, its a huge helpful database....

We use the chat mostly for daily chit chat, sorta like going to the local diner for coffee in the morning and lunch then to the local bar for a after work drink, we have a small group of close friends that chat daily 365 days a year even if its just to stop in and say "morning"

Over all chat works well and is a powerful tool, I been using IRC just about daily since about 1991...

hoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 02:46 AM   #2

Hello everyone, I am trying to rebuild my calipers and the pistons are made with some sort of plastic. There was some rust inside the bores. I cleaned that up however when I am putting the pistons back to test for proper fit and function the pistons go in but then become stuck again after going most of the way in. These pistons seem to be slightly tapered. It is a 1989 Wayne International school bus. I am mystified right now. Is this poor design? Did these brakes ever work properly? How can the pistons be tapered? Are these the wrong pistons for these calipers? I suspect that these calipers have never worked correctly. Right now I am thinking that I am going to try to widen the little metal ridge on the inside of the bores to get a better fit.
BradC is offline   Reply With Quote