Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-30-2009, 12:59 PM   #1
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1995
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: Spartan (I think)
Engine: Cummins BT-6
Rated Cap: 72
Re: It "Ain't America No More"

Is this part of Barry O's "civilian enforcement group" that he wants to be more powerful than the military?
I definitely don't want to have to put up with that!!! I firmly believe that I would have been spending the night in jail if that had been me, but my wife tells me all the time that I'm hot-headed, or is that hard-headed. Oh well, end result is the same.
How long do we have to put up with this "Obamination"?
Lee

Old 08-30-2009, 03:53 PM   #2
Mini-Skoolie

Year: 1984
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: Ford F700
Engine: 8.2 Detroit
Rated Cap: 66

This is sad,and just think how many americans voted for Obama?We are surrounded by idiots!!!!!!!!!
Frank ZX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 09:05 PM   #3
Bus Nut

so one poorly educated police officer says "it aint America no more" and the country is going to implode within 4 years? Do you really think Obama himself told this officer to not allow that sign to be on school grounds?

Getting real tired of these BS posts smitty, why don't you take them to a proper forum? This crap doesn't belong on skoolie.net and frankly I've become less interested and visit far less often in the past 6 months or so. This used to be a bus conversion website with bus conversion related posts, now it's post after post from you & other nutjobs bitching about the government...

It'd be bad enough if I had to listen to it from a fellow bus owner, but you don't even own a bus. You just troll on here day after day with all this anti obama BS that noone cares to read... give it up already.
Old 08-30-2009, 09:09 PM   #4
Bus Geek

I agree!

This was a much better site before smitty started trolling. I added him to my ignore list months ago. It doesn't stop me from seeing that he made a post, but it keeps me from having to read it.

An occasional post about something off topic is one thing, but posting anti-obama/anti-government crap constantly for months on end is really dragging skoolie.net down.

if he keeps this up, perhaps arky's schoolbusconversionnutz WILL be the best skoolie site on the net!
Old 08-30-2009, 09:23 PM   #5
Bus Nut

yeah this thread should read "this ain't skoolie.net no more"

cause it aint
Old 08-31-2009, 02:50 PM   #6
Almost There

Year: 85
Coachwork: Ward
Chassis: G.M.C. 6000 series
Engine: 366 G.M.
Rated Cap: 60

I may are may not agree with what smitty has to say but I will fight for his rite to write what ever he wants. Perhaps he like Paul Reveer , maybe hes trying to warn us the Obamits are comming.You dont know what you got til its gone. Hey Philbus914 how many stars on the flag? Baaaah!
Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 08:07 PM   #7
Bus Geek

i guess i was mistaken. I thought this was skoolie.net, not anti-government.net.

I don't mind off topic posts, but i think the constant barrage of non-skoolie related anti-government nonsense is a little over the top.

it's not my intention to see that he is banned or censored, just thought it should be brought to his attention that some members of skoolie.net would prefer to come here to read about skoolies, not about how we didn't land on the moon, or the evil us government was behind 9/11. There are many appropriate forums for where these views are on topic, but this is not one of them. Perhaps if he knew that people find this number of off topic posts related to the same off topic subject to be rather offensive, or at least inappropriate for this venue, then he might consider using some self restraint.
Old 08-31-2009, 10:23 PM   #8
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell
I may are may not agree with what smitty has to say but I will fight for his rite to write what ever he wants. Perhaps he like Paul Reveer , maybe hes trying to warn us the Obamits are comming.You dont know what you got til its gone. Hey Philbus914 how many stars on the flag? Baaaah!
Oh I agree he has every right to "speak his mind" but there's a place for it. I don't think SKOOLIE.NET is it. I (like lapeer) thought this is a bus conversion site, yet is seems day after day all I read on here are anti-government rants from smitty. I even agree with a lot of what smitty rants about... this government is to out of control, but I don't come to skoolie.net to read about it. I come here for SKOOLIE related info...thats it!!!

How many stars on the flag? what the hell is that souposed to mean???

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightybus
I'm kind of new to the board. Since I've been a member I've seen Smitty help a lot of people out with advice on all kinds of stuff. He also provides the board with witticisms, and opinions. He always posts those on everything else. Smitty is a good writer, spells correctly, and uses good grammar.
How can you say he is a troll when he has less posts than you guys? How can you accuse him of speaking off the bus subject when so many others do also? An example is Timbucks spider bite. How can you say well he doesn't have a school bus, so he shouldn't be here?
woah... let me stop you right there... first off... I've been a member here for 4+ years, and check my post count, Smitty posts FAR more than I do.. and read what he posts about... about 50-75% is "everything else" which apparently is a get out of jail free card to post whatever the hell you want... While it IS the "everything else" thread, it's on a SKOOLIE WEBSITE! that dosn't make "everything else" the anti-government thread.

Smitty is a troll because he comes here MAINLY to rant about his conspiracies. If he only, or even mostly, had input on skoolie related topics, I'd have no issue with him. Also, it seems in the past few months his posts are less and less skoolie related and more anti-government. Which I give 2 shits about...

If you all want to see skoolie.net go down the toilet, go ahead. But this used to be a website I enjoyed coming to and reading daily posts on... now I visit maybe once a week, and I'm fed up with the bus site I used to love being turned into "anti-obama.net"

I'm sure smitty has responded, but he's on my blocked list, & I haven't read it... I'm not going to waste my time with him, Like I said this TROLL doesn't even own a bus & shouldn't be on here to mainly spew his anti-government propaganda.
Old 09-01-2009, 07:58 AM   #9
Bus Nut

Year: 1989
Coachwork: Thomas Transit Liner
Chassis: Freightliner
Engine: CAT 3208 Turbo

It is simple... I don't read it if it does not interest me...

Since I have joined Skoolie I have learned an INCREDIBLE amount about buses, the reason I am here. The bonus is the great group of friends I have made while spending many many hours reading everyones posts. Personally Smitty has helped me out many times with his great advice or direction on different projects & has solved issues I have had more than once! Some day he will have a bus & maybe his focus will change a little as we all know how much buses can change our direction in life!!

I like the guy & yes he may rant, but hey...it IS the everything else section... Just DON'T read it if it doesn't interest you.

Just my 2 cents...
ezbme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 10:08 AM   #10
Bus Nut

Hey Smitty,
why don't you start a ''smitty rants website'' and use it to air out all of your non schoolie issues and comments and use this site for schoolie related topics so to make it more user friendly for people that don't want wade thru the off topic subjects while trying to keep up on skoolies?

I personally appreciate your input and comment, but find it distracting when politics gets mixed up with the technical issue of bus conversion.
paul iossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 03:32 PM   #11
Bus Crazy

Year: 1965
Coachwork: thomas
Chassis: chevy
Engine: 350

How can you accuse him of speaking off the bus subject when so many others do also? An example is Timbucks spider bite. How can you say well he doesn't have a school bus, so he shouldn't be here?
Quote:
[
above is a quote from mightybus
Well i believe the majority of us use this forum,EVERYTHING ELSE,to talk about subjects that are related to bus conversion,which most of us will use our buses for camping,part time living,family,traveling,fun,etc. I put my spider issue here so you all could see what this spider can do and hopefully it saves someone gettin bit like I did.I absolutely hate politics,but I realize its a hot topic in the excited states right now.I like Smitty,he has knowledge and shares it.Thats what this place is about.He will get a bus and if he is still here you will see it come to life.Is Smitty a political hothead? Why,yes he is! Do I care? NO! After all this forum says everything else,and it wont be America no more when free speach is no more.So if you want to block the man do so,thats your choice.But it will be a loss to Skoolie to have to say goodbye to Smitty,the bus posting,pie cookin,solar talkin,paint lovin,tin bangin,engine breathin bus lovin guy that he is.Thanks Smitty for all your input to this site!Timbuk
timbuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 03:42 PM   #12
Bus Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbuk
How can you accuse him of speaking off the bus subject when so many others do also? An example is Timbucks spider bite. How can you say well he doesn't have a school bus, so he shouldn't be here?
Quote:
[
above is a quote from mightybus
Well i believe the majority of us use this forum,EVERYTHING ELSE,to talk about subjects that are related to bus conversion,which most of us will use our buses for camping,part time living,family,traveling,fun,etc. I put my spider issue here so you all could see what this spider can do and hopefully it saves someone gettin bit like I did.I absolutely hate politics,but I realize its a hot topic in the excited states right now.I like Smitty,he has knowledge and shares it.Thats what this place is about.He will get a bus and if he is still here you will see it come to life.Is Smitty a political hothead? Why,yes he is! Do I care? NO! After all this forum says everything else,and it wont be America no more when free speach is no more.So if you want to block the man do so,thats your choice.But it will be a loss to Skoolie to have to say goodbye to Smitty,the bus posting,pie cookin,solar talkin,paint lovin,tin bangin,engine breathin bus lovin guy that he is.Thanks Smitty for all your input to this site!Timbuk
Ditto to Timbuk!

& yes Timbuk, your spider bite was a lesson learned in my opinion & thanks for posting it as I was totally unfamiliar with recluse spiders & now you have me just a bit phobic!

I think ANYONE should be aloud to browse, join & comment even without owning a bus as not everyone is able to buy a bus - but they can dream right???
Old 09-02-2009, 10:43 PM   #13
Bus Nut

Re: It "Ain't SKOOLIE.NET No More"

Yeah you guys are right, it's ok to make post after post of anti-government conspiracy BS as long as it's in the beloved "EVERYTHING ELSE" section.. I guess this section should also include how to build bombs, kidnap children, rob, seal, murder, rape, scam people out of money, and countless other non skoolie related crap. Hey, as long as it's in the "everything else" section feel free to post whatever you want.

Yeah lets make the website 99% everything else and 1% skoolie related, then cry "if you don't like it, then don't read it!" to everyone who complains that this used to be a skoolie site... what an awesome site this is turning into.

---- end sarcasm----

Sorry guys I can only stand by and watch one of my favorite websites be taken over by some ranting busless troll for so long. Something had to be said.

Oh and if anyone disagrees with me, feel free to un-read this post. Since that seems to be the popular comeback on this thread.
Old 09-03-2009, 09:46 AM   #14
Bus Nut

WHO CARES!!! GET OVER IT & LET THIS TOPIC DIE! We are sick of seeing it at the top of the board....