Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-14-2010, 08:45 PM   #1
Bus Nut

Year: 1988
Coachwork: Ward
Chassis: Ford B600
Engine: 6.6L Turbo Diesel
Rated Cap: 26
Re: Killing time...

Welcome to Obummer's reality check......

Old 09-14-2010, 11:58 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Year: 89
Coachwork: thomas
Engine: 7.3 diesel

one good thing is hes one and done
Old 09-15-2010, 07:35 PM   #3
Bus Crazy

Year: 1993
Coachwork: Ward Genesis
Chassis: International
Engine: DT466/MT643
Rated Cap: 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by putterspitt
Not if he can run against a do-nothing GOP Congress in 2012, especially if they nominate an unelectable candidate (Romney, Palin). The GOP has this unique ability to create a circular firing squad lately...

1/20/13.
Jarlaxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 11:01 PM   #4
Bus Nut

Year: 1988
Coachwork: Ward
Chassis: Ford B600
Engine: 6.6L Turbo Diesel
Rated Cap: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarlaxle
Quote:
Originally Posted by putterspitt
Not if he can run against a do-nothing GOP Congress in 2012, especially if they nominate an unelectable candidate (Romney, Palin). The GOP has this unique ability to create a circular firing squad lately...

1/20/13.
Palin is not unelectable, but I doubt she'll run. Christy from NJ would make an AWESOME Prez! I love the way he puts the smack-down on the blood sucking unions. I can see a Christy/Rubio, or Jindall/Rubio or Jindall/Bachman or some combination like that winning. The left would have fits (how sweet that would be).
Old 09-17-2010, 10:45 AM   #5
Bus Geek

Year: 1986
Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: 40 ft All American FE
Engine: 8.2LTA Fuel Pincher DD V8
Rated Cap: 89

And yet, the people here in Socorro say they can't get folks to work. Stacey got a job here at Family Dollar. Granted it's not high pay.. but she has experience as a cashier... for years... and she "normally" doesn't get a 40 hour week. She has worked there for about 4 months (she's "temporary" since we don't know when we will be leaving). In that length of time she has seen 4 people come and go. They last a couple of weeks and then they are gone. It's not hard work. But they have to deal with the public. (reasons for leaving... 1 got yelled at... 1 was under pricing and "giving" stuff to her relatives... 1 wanted to spend more time with her kids (2nd job)... and 1 said his wife wanted him to spend more time with her & their kids). Now Stacey is getting 30 hours per week at $7.50 an hour. We have discovered that 30 hours anymore is "fulltime". Stacey got her job the same day she applied (job hunted one day... 2nd place she applied at). Now they are making noises about making her an assistant manager if one of the other assistant managers quits (like they think she will).

We live in a campground that costs $350 per month including cable TV, full hookups, electric and free Wi-Fi. Stacey's cell phone is only $35 per month and she has no other bills except for gas for her car. The town is small... takes all of 4 minutes for her to get to work on the other side of town if she hits ALL the traffic lights. Several of the stores in town have "hiring" signs in the windows. But it's all minimum hours/minimum wage (minimum wage in NM is $7.50). What I have heard local folks say... "I make more money off unemployment than working".
https://lorndavi.wordpress.com/blog/
https://i570.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps0340a6ff.jpg
lornaschinske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 11:14 AM   #6

Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: GMC
Engine: 454
Rated Cap: 65

So sorry about your job dilemma.
I am slowly getting my conversion started and review this site almost daily, so enjoyable until I read all the misinformation about the current recession. The recession officially began in Dec. 2007( a matter of public record). 8 yrs. of mismanagement from George W. Bush caused the current economic crisis. Our current president; for reasons known only to him, wanted the horrible job of getting this country on the road to recovery. Does he know all the answers?,NO!, do I have a clue as to what will repair this country?, NO! But fair is fair, please don't develop amnesia while bashing our current president.
This site is full of extremely creative and knowledgeable men and women, most of you have skills that I will never have, even though I strive to improve as I work on my skoolie. Surely you all have some intelligent ideas about what can be done to repair this country, share them with your state's representatives. your congressmen, maybe if we, as citizens, work together, we can overcome this crisis. To sit and wait until we can vote someone else in office, wastes precious time.
Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 12:46 PM   #7
Bus Geek

Coachwork: BlueBird
Chassis: 40 ft All American FE
Engine: 8.2LTA Fuel Pincher DD V8
Rated Cap: 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle
...so enjoyable until I read all the misinformation about the current recession.... 8 yrs. of mismanagement from George W. Bush... fair is fair, please don't develop amnesia while bashing our current president...
No! If you want to be fair... They are ALL to blame, every single last politician who took our money and spent it on stupid, frivolous things and self-serving programs. I believe all politicians (including our presidents) should be paid the federal minimum wage! Riding around in Air Force One should be reserved for state business not personal trips to various cities and countries.... that does not include campaigning for other politicians! Anyone that is below the level of VP should be housed in a basic bare-bones dorm and take public transportation. If you want to fly home... you take a regular airplane and pay your own way. If you don't want to live in the dorm, then pay your own way, if you don't want to take public transportation, then pay for your own out of your pocket. And no one should be able to vote themselves a raise! The President & Vice President and their families are NOT royalty... they can be replaced with a vote, they should not expect nor get Secret Service protection for life. Unlike many foreign countries, we have a succession plan if both the President and Vice President get offed! No multi-million dollar parties! No expensive caviar or high end wines, etc served on a daily basis to those in government. WE are paying for it... not them!
https://lorndavi.wordpress.com/blog/
https://i570.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps0340a6ff.jpg
lornaschinske is offline   Reply With Quote