Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-09-2007, 08:02 PM   #1
Skoolie

Look what y'all have gone and done...

Look what y'all have gone and done to me! I've been looking and reading for the last few days and before I knew it I was hooked! (and can't believe how thrilled I am). Being the type who will work 87 hours to save $1.23 and revel in the satisfaction of doing it myself, knowing that not knowing what I'm doing is not going to stop me, and just flat being blown away by the friendliness of this group..... I think I've found a home. All i have to do now is find a bus...and then it's off to the races (or the parts store). Either way, can't wait!

reprobate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 08:34 PM   #2
Bus Nut

Re: Look what y'all have gone and done...

sweet...

I didn't find this site until after I had my bus, I probably would have bought mine a lot sooner if I'd been online reading about all these other bus's. Glad we motivate ya.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:33 PM   #3
Bus Geek

Welcome to the nut house!
Old 11-09-2007, 10:58 PM   #4
Bus Nut

Year: 1993
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International
Engine: 7.3 International diesel
Rated Cap: 60

I posted here for months before I bought my bus! Welcome! Where do you live? Your profile doesn't say. What do you have in mind for a conversion?
https://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...DSC02426-1.jpg
KC10Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 11:18 PM   #5
Bus Nut

welcome to the big friendly skoolie forum family, and good luck with the search for your bus.
swinada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 07:43 AM   #6
Bus Nut

Welcome to the fray! My bus is probably the most fun project I have ever taken on. I hope it is the same for you. Good luck and welcome.
bdavis441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 10:58 PM   #7
Skoolie

Thanks everyone,

From Texas and currently self-unemployed. Been doing contract work where I work 7days a week for months on end and then am off for months. Now I'm off and starting to look for a bus. Probably want larger bus since I kinda work on the road. Was actually going to build my own 32' travel trailer and while researching found y'all and felt instantly at home. Absolutely no bus experience so I'm sure I'll be asking a lot of questions. And hey.....thanks very much for the warm welcome!
Old 11-11-2007, 04:47 PM   #8
Bus Geek

Send a message via MSN to the_experience03 Send a message via Yahoo to the_experience03

Sorry I missed the initial welcoming party, but I was in the woods with a rifle not seeing any deer. Squirrels were looking mighty tempting towards the end of the day today...

That said...welcome to the insanity! I'm sure you will enjoy building a bus as much as we will enjoy watching your progress (hint hint...that means a thread of your own with pictures when you find a bus).

Bus building is by far one of the most satisfying things I have ever done for myself.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:37 AM   #9
Bus Nut

Year: 1993
Coachwork: Carpenter
Chassis: International
Engine: 7.3 International diesel
Rated Cap: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_experience03
Sorry I missed the initial welcoming party, but I was in the woods with a rifle not seeing any deer. Squirrels were looking mighty tempting towards the end of the day today...
I know how that goes. Too bad you don't have wild hogs up there. You'd never hunt deer again!

Anyways, my bus has been a very fun project for me. I think that most of the members here didn't know much about buses when they started. I know I didn't. I've spent a lot of time crawling all over my bus or just staring at it, figuring out how it works and is put together. It has been one of the most fun and interesting projects I've ever taken on. I'm shocked at the number of people who are always wanting to help or donate something to the bus. I got all of my paint for free from a friend who works for DuPont. Now, I just need some friends that work for Goodyear, International, Home Depot and Lowes.
https://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...DSC02426-1.jpg
KC10Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 04:51 PM   #10
Skoolie

Thanks again gang,

Going bird hunting tomorrow, bluebird hunting that is. Went and looked at a 97 Chev. bluebird 66 pass. today with a 454 5spd manual(nice) in her. Guy wanted way too much for her and the tires were very worn. Sounded good but $7500 was too steep a price i thought. Anyway going to look at another 66er(Cummins) and a 71er(DT466) tomorrow. I'm hot on the trail and today just sold a Nissan truck I had, so am even a little more flush right now and that money is awfully hot in my pocket!

Hey Jimmyaustintx, I'm currently in Abilene for a while(sadly my Dad just went to that big bus barn in the sky) until I get things taken care of. Do you ever go see the Nortons at that little Mexican bar somewhere off C. Chavez? Man they're smokin' hot! Have tons of friends in Austin. Avid whitewater boater and used to live at the surf wave below Longhorn Dam and have spent many a night having too much fun on Snake Island. I'll let you know if we're headed your way, maybe we can hook up.