Thanks for the thought Putterspitt! As you may have heard the fire in Oak Hill was started by a homeless guy's campfire, and ended up affecting about 20 homes, 8 of which burned to the ground. It was actually fairly close to my house, and people in the next neighborhood over were evacuating. Fortunately for my family, the wind shifted direction and the fire never got close enough that we had to evacuate. We were packing though, and the bus was going to be our bug-out vehicle. My wife will never hear the end of that!
It did raise my awareness though that I've got some vital issues that need to be resolved before the bus can be comfortably lived-in and relied-upon. Mainly the plumbing (which is my current conversion project) an overheating issue (not severe, but limits travel during hot weather) and the WVO conversion (makes travel affordable, and is the next major project on the list after plumbing). We have been thinking about emergency preparedness lately, and this event really brought some focus onto that concept.
Next steps are to have a bug-out bag for each family member that will remain in the bus at all times, and also have a small pantry of non-perishable food in the bus at all times. I'm also going to move most of our camping equipment into the bus as well. The only reason I haven't done this yet is that I'm still working in there and haven't finished the storage areas. But I think at this point I will just make room somehow. I just saw in the news that during the fundraising event for the families affected by the fire, another fire broke out nearby due to an unattended barbeque grill. Doh!!
So I suppose as long as we have this dry weather and windy conditions the risk of wildfire remains.