Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-15-2011, 12:28 PM   #1

Year: 89
Coachwork: Wanderlodge
Engine: Cat 3208TA
Looking for some help/ guidance in southern Idaho

Hello All,

My name is Kevin Sarich and my wife and I live in Southern Idaho. I'm looking for some guidance, recommendation and maybe help on projects that need doing on my '89 Bluebird Wanderlodge.

I tend to be a do it yourself'r, sometimes out of necessity, sometimes because of the frustration of finding a mechanic that cares enough. I do appreciate and respect professionals when I find them. The folks over at the Wanderlodge Owners Group have helped with many questions, but now its time to get to work.

What I'd like to find is a mentor with a pit that would allow me to get under the bus inspect things and identify items to repair or replace. In addition I need to find a mechanic to handle those items beyond my abilities and find a parts house for supplies. The best I could hope for is to find someone with a pit or lift that would allow me to work alone or with them to tackle projects.

This may be a strange request, but when I bought this bus I made a deal with myself that I would do as much of the work as possible and the only way to get started is by asking questions.

Please note: I'm not looking for handouts, the bus is in great shape and I am willing to pay my way. I even debated renting an abandoned farm building with a pit, but so far have not heard of any pits in the area.

Thanks for your help

Kevin

K Sarich is offline   Reply With Quote