May have found a keeper. You tell me....
Looking for advice from some of you veterans. I found a bichin old 58 GMC BUS - flat nose rear motor w\ a rebuilt Detroit 671 turbo\after cooler\. This motor has less then 1,000 miles on it since the rebuild. Has original Transmission ( Manual ) as far as the owner knows (second owner). He has all the original boolets that would have came with the bus new. Specs etc...
However, I somehow didn't get the milage of the bus itself. Thought it was in the ad but turns out it wasn't.
Went and saw the bus myself as it was within 20 mile of me. Took it for a short drive and it seemed strong. Smooth shifting. No smoke from the exhaust.
- Two roof mounted A\C units(working)
- Full master bedroom
- toilet & shower working
- generator - working
- solar. Bran new in the box never hooked up.
- full kitchen.
All above is also older but cabinets are all real wood. No cheap fiber board.
- Awning in working condition
The bad \So Far.
- small leak in a window seal. I can see minor staining on the interior wall below this window.
- tires are old and need replacing. Its a dually so that would be 7 tires including the spare.
- all the rubber seals are original and need replacing in the next year or two.
He had this beauty up for , $15,000
- he has agreed to $9,000
I realize the tires are going to cost a pretty penny.
IS 9K STILL TO MUCH $$$ OR DOES IT SOUND RESONABLE ???
(Given the info provided\ your best assumption ) thx
I have lots of pics too. Can't load them just yet but can later. Or I can email as I also took a video to document how the engine sounds etc.
Any knowledge kickdowns from anyone with skoolie experience is always appreciated